360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The way that I "was" doing my dark theme would have require another resources.pak.

I am not interested in the "dark theme" of your builds anymore..... 
I'm only interested in lighter and lighter builds as your work progresses.

Thank you!

Edited by msfntor

I couldn't more agree ... you could always publish themes apart/separete from your builds. As I've showed you, I went with the basic white theme without rounded corners as I'm a "Square" guy (still talking about computers, of course). Anything you can get rid of that isn't important sounds great to me!

Heck, if I remove the skins, I could live with this bare basic and its faster but no colors. Just your en_skin.srx / iframe.srx / skin.srx only below.

spacer.png

DcBrowser (Chromium 75) after start needs to run 5 (in normal mode without extensions) or 6 (in Incognito window) DcBrowser.exe processes. In normal mode, it run supplementary DcBrowser.exe processes (one for each extension). So with my 8 extensions (for now) - I've 5+8=13 DcBrowser.exe processes. Too many. (In this same time, other DcBrowser.exe processes contact remote IPs: 172.65.253.13 (Cloudflare) ; 172.65.226.29 (Cloudflare) ; 216.58.206.238 (Google) ...too many.)

That's why DcBrowser often get (here in my Windows...) "Aw, Snap!" during run of Web browser "GPU memory usage" testerhttps://www.vsynctester.com/gputest.html

360Chrome 13.5 build (Chromium 86) run 6 360Chrome.exe and 1 360Loader.exe processes - no supplementary processes for extensions.

- results of this test today, for build 13.5 r 3: Done in 166 s., 169 s., 167 s., 167 s., 166 s. ...most often.

It happened (with 13.5 r 3) once today: after browser's launch (on New Tab):

"Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. Error code:

FACILITY_VISUALCPP/ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND."

After relaunching all are OK.

Edited by msfntor

Truth be told, I think 360Chrome has already reached its PEAK.
Even with official Pale Moon axing Mypal, NM28, and BNavigator, there hasn't exactly been any newcomers to the NT-Family Browsers sub-forums.
Just the same ol' same ol' "holdouts" that pledge an allegiance to Mozilla and cross their fingers that Roytam can get Basilisk/Serpent to do what 360Chrome has already demonstrated that it can already do.
We're at the point where even if the next 360Chrome rebuild printed bitcoins, we still couldn't add to the number of people that use it.
Though the same goes for Roytam's builds from what I can see - we haven't added new users, we just keep rolling along with the same exact user-base we basically had two years ago.

10 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

- we haven't added new users, we just keep rolling along with the same exact user-base we basically had two years ago.

This situation is logical - we don't advertise to make these NEW (actually!) secure and private browsers known to the wider public!

Urgent call to talented people: You (an you, you too please!) must absolutely write and publish ARTICLES describing these NEW browser possibilities! And publish them not only in MSFN but also in friendly websites and websites of wide public dealing with news about browsers, technologies, computer news etc. 
 Do you have any acquaintances, friends working for these websites?..Go and ask them to push your articles, urgently. In several languages, if possible.  
First: advertise in this sense in your family circles, and among your friends... now.

That will not increase our numbers.  We know that because Humming Owl does "advertise" outside of MSFN.  Our "breed" isn't 'dying', it's already "dead".

"Older NT-Family OSes" is simply NOT something where we have X number of folks today but X+1 tomorrow.  We are not "dying", we are "dead".

We are using these "Older NT-Family OSes" from the grave, not from some new underground waive of the future bringing in new recruits with each new generation of computer user.

The "general populous" has ZERO interest.  LESS than ZERO.

Doesn't bother me, I like being "unique", "the same as everyone else".

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

it's not really worth the time, effort, and hassle for such a tiny user-base.

Do you speak from the grave?...:boring:

Do you speak from your grave?...
Eat and drink something especially good, and go to work for us all!

Improve 13.5 build...

Please.

Edited by msfntor

The next planned v13.5.x rebuild is to update from 13.5.1030 to 13.5.1060.

But it's a gigantic undertaking to have to do all of these changes every time the Chinese updates their build.

v13.5 locks up on my computer the first launch every morning so it hasn't been a huge priority because I don't use it because of those lockups.

Will .1060 resolve that?  Unknown as I have a gigantic preference towards v11.  :whistle:  With v12 riding its coattails.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

As far as "squeezing the turnip" goes, the next step towards axeing all remnants of unnecessary code and shrinking down to as small as possible would be to remove any-and-all code pertaining to "dark mode" and perhaps even intentionally crash if end-users attempt to restore it by putting puzzle pieces in from different puzzles.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

the next step towards axeing all remnants of unnecessary code and shrinking down to as small as possible would be to remove

---> too: Windows theme... could you put this possibility into 360Loader.exe, please? ...so that users can have free choice...

v13.5:

Page loaded in 506 ms my best result now (in incognito window and with uBlock allowed in this window), with: http://raymondhill.net/ublock/tiles1.html

Web browser "GPU memory usage" tester result: done in 165, 166 s typically here: https://www.vsynctester.com/gputest.html

Subresource Integrity: 23 Pass,19 Not Run - best result today, on https://w3c-test.org/subresource-integrity/subresource-integrity.html

SPEED-BATTLE best results: 316, 318, 315, 308...: http://www.speed-battle.com/speedtest_e.php

HTML5 test result: 528 here:  https://html5test.com/

You wrote: "v13.5 locks up on my computer the first launch every morning" - never seen here, all is OK. (In which machine? Maybe it's time to go back to x86 SP2, please)...

And to think that I already wanted to suggest you to abandon v11 and v12 and concentrate only on v13.5 ...:blink::sneaky:

On 11/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, msfntor said:

I'm only interested in lighter and lighter builds as your work progresses.

I'd advise caution going that route: that's the way MCP decided to go (and lost their minds when forks like @feodor2's and @roytam1's didn't follow, but that's a separate rant), instead of devoting resources to keeping up with the latest Googlisms. The result is simply that Pale Moon is a less useful browser. Don't remove useful functionality from the browser just in the name of "lightness!"

That said, I do agree that themes (dark or otherwise) should generally be downloaded separately from the browser itself. (With an exception, of course, for the default theme!)

@NotHereToPlayGames, I know (thanks to @Humming Owl) that v13 is based on Chromium 86, but which Chromium is v13.5 based on?

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Just the same ol' same ol' "holdouts" that pledge an allegiance to Mozilla and cross their fingers that Roytam can get Basilisk/Serpent to do what 360Chrome has already demonstrated that it can already do.

I don't expect @roytam1 to do what MCP has already failed to do. He's only one person, and he has his hands full just hosting and releasing his browser builds, let alone developing enhancements to them! I think JustOff is the UXP crowd's last, best hope at this point. He's already shown he can make GitHub/GitLab, at least, work with the latest UXP browsers. JustOff isn't an "older OS" fan, but his enhancements are OS-independent.