360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

8 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hmm WHY you're "not impressed" by DcBrowser?

You asked WHY, I didn't say you'd like my answer  :cool:

To be honest, the BIGGEST con I have is the lack of an ALWAYS-ON status bar.

Not a fan of hover-only status bars.

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

I have full confidence in @Humming Owl skills, and I'm sure he's well aware of some glitches or cosmetic inadequacies present in this build of DcBrowser, he'll surely fix them if time will allow him.

Agreed  :thumbup

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

Hmm WHY you're "not impressed" by DcBrowser?

Personally, I'm VERY impressed...eg. under Settings/Site Settings, we have "Popups and redirects" blocked, then Ads.. blocked on sites that show intrusive or misleading ads, ... Dark Mode button has Brightness control. Have zoom at 125%. - and more and more customizations. It's pure joy for me, this browser.

Hi

I tested DcBrowser from "Humming Owl" and it works fine, but there's something I don't like at all that I've seen on some weird versions of 360chrome. This is the "chrome://plugins" function which does not work and prevents certain plug-ins from being disabled with this browser. :dubbio:

This is intentional, as this function is not listed in "chrome://chrome-urls". of DcBrowser and it's an open door to possible problems. So, for me it's the direction of the trash can for this browser. And I continue to use the "Arcticfoxie" 360chrome13.5.1030 version which seems to me much more secure.

2 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

I tested DcBrowser from "Humming Owl" and it works fine, but there's something I don't like at all that I've seen on some weird versions of 360chrome. This is the "chrome://plugins" function which does not work and prevents certain plug-ins from being disabled with this browser. :dubbio:

Yes, I tried it yesterday, and when I try out any Chrome browser, I right away (before going online) go to settings and start to disable and configure (plugins and flags) and I noticed right way that "chrome://plugins" doesn't work and I don't like unknown plugins going unchecked. Otherwise it works fine but no red or green padlock? Thanks for the effort on this browser, but I think I'll pass and stick with 360. 

Edited by XPerceniol

46 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

but no red or green padlock?

Interesting!  Didn't even notice that.  If you click the gray padlock, ALL sites are listed as "valid".  Even INVALID sites.  I don't really pay much attention to "red" or "green" (because malware sites KNOW HOW to get a "green" padlock), but I do still "notice" it and don't like that padlock ALWAYS saying "valid".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Correct BrowserAudit.com security test in my precedent post: tested in Incognito window:

In build 12 (Chromium 78): Incognito window: 12 warnings, 0 critical.
Build 13 (Chromium 86): Incognito window: 12 warnings, 0 critical.
DcBrowser (Chromium 75): Incognito window: 5 warnings, 0 critical.

"What is Subresource Integrity?

SRI is a new W3C specification that allows web developers to ensure that resources hosted on third-party servers have not been tampered with. Use of SRI is recommended as a best-practice, whenever libraries are loaded from a third-party source.Learn more about how to use subresource integrity on MDN." to read here: https://www.srihash.org/

"To fully test your browser for subresource integrity support, please open this page": https://w3c-test.org/subresource-integrity/subresource-integrity.html

Bests results of my checks in different browsers (Incognito window) here:

DcBrowser:

Harness status: OK

Found 42 tests

42 Pass

...then:

360Chrome 13.5 r: 

15 Pass

27 Not Run

360Chrome 13 M:

15 Pass

27 Not Run

360Chrome 13 r:

14 Pass

28 Not Run

360Chrome 12 M:

13 Pass

29 Not Run

360Chrome 12 r:

14 Pass

28 Not Run

11 M:

17 Pass

25 Not Run

11 r: 

16 Pass

26 Not Run

Basilisk/Serpent 55:

42 Pass

New Moon 28.10:

42 Pass

Same exact v11 (ran from USB stick on multiple machines)  --

30 Pass in XP x64 SP2, 38 Pass in Win 7, 5 Pass in XP x86 SP3 single-core AMD Sempron 3100+, 16 Pass in XP x86 SP3 on Intel Core2 Duo T7500, 42 Pass in XP x86 SP3 on Intel Core2 Quad Q6700.

If this "test" was truly about the "browser", I shouldn't see such a very wide range when the same exact browser is ran on different machines and different operating systems.

A score ranging between 5 and 42 on the same exact browser, same exact operating system, but on different computers?

Again, that's not testing the "browser".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Ran the test TEN times on XP x64 SP2 from 360Chrome v11  --

30 Pass
15 Pass
13 Pass
15 Pass
38 Pass
21 Pass
16 Pass
42 Pass
30 Pass
16 Pass

Sorry, zero confidence in a test with no consistent score.  Repeating TEN times doesn't have to give the same EXACT result.  But nor should it have such a wide range when just hitting REFRESH to repeat the test.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

XP Pro SP3 / Pentium M760

AF360_13.5.1030

1st run 42/42
2nd run 42/42
3rd run 42/42

Kafan

1st run 40/42
2nd run 42/42
3rd run 42/42

New Moon 28(2021-10-08)

1st run 38/42