360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

My x86 SP2 locks up on first run of v13 and v13.5 - but only after a reboot or coming out of hibernate/sleep.

I haven't been able to connect my x86 SP2 to the internet (haven't focused much time to it) but I can execute 360Chrome as a verification that it at least will launch in x86 SP2.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

4 hours ago, IXOYE said:

In the end, I mainly use version 13.5.1030 of "ArcticFoxie" and the 12.0.1592 of "Humming Owl", because it has the float video which allows me to close all chrome windows and keep only the float video

My v12 has the float video also, I disable by default only because I'm not huge into videos on the computer, I have a big screen TV for that  :w00t:

To enable the float video, go into settings then to the Advanced tab, enable the Page Utility "Show tips on videos" setting and now you have float video  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I haven't been able to connect my x86 SP2 to the internet (haven't focused much time to it)

"with SP2, you have to know that there is a super firewall pre-installed on the system, which is pretty cool!
- to use your connection you have to configure this firewall!"

- or turn off windows firewall?..

Found these 3 links, maybe some utility for your problem:

https://www.fixya.com/support/t1420764-connect_2_pc_time_one_pc_internet_connec

https://www.techsupportforum.com/threads/solved-windows-xp-sp2-cannot-connect-to-the-internet.608773/

https://documentation.suse.com/sles/11-SP4/html/SLES-all/cha-internet.html

2 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I turn off/disable Windows Firewall.

For real?? Do you replace it with another firewall? @Dixel recommended comodo but I've not gotten around to trying it yet. TBH ... it bothers me that in order to use the windows firewall I also have to run *Window Management Instrumentation* (which is quite vulnerable) - or, at least, I'm unable to start the firewall service without *WMI*. What do you recommend?

Regarding what you said about browsers starting slow after you power-down, at the end of the day, I always turn everything (electronic) off so I can unwind and because  even a notification causes me anxiety. I just deal with it and do something else when I start up my programs Lol :)

Edited by XPerceniol

I only connect through wireless router which uses hardware firewall via cable box.

If I connect "direct" (which I used to do), I used Comodo, version 8.4 if I remember correctly.

But on WIRELESS and living on the outskirts of town basically in the country where the closest neighbor is a quarter of a mile away, I do not use "software" firewalls as I see them as no different than anti-virus software - a "bottleneck" to SLOW THINGS DOWN, throwing so many FALSE alarms that the user just blindly clicks 'ok' or 'continue' without even realizing what they are "allowing", et cetera.

Yeah!  My x86 XP SP2 can finally connect to the internet!

After literally trying everything under the sun, what finally WORKED was launching a PORTABLE Chromium v49.

Now all of my other PORTABLE browsers are connecting just fine - even Mypal, Pale Moon, and New Moon which none of them would connect until after Chromium v49 successfully connected.

Technically, GreenBrowser always did connect (it's only a "shell" to Internet Explorer).

So then I went a step further and REINSTALLED x86 XP SP2.

Verified that NONE of my 360Chrome, Mypal, Pale Moon, and New Moon browsers would connect.

Launched Chromium v49 and it connected.

Now all of my other portable browsers are connecting.

No clue "what" launching Chromium v49 is doing "to" x86 XP SP2 - but I have zero doubts that it did "something".

I should have done a registry and hard drive "snapshot" before and after and compare but maybe another day.

Wow!  Using my v12 just for comparison.

Ran the Speedometer 2.0 benchmark on XP x64 SP2 on an intel i7-4770 (4 core CPU) and scored 77.9.

Ran it on XP x86 SP3 on an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2 core CPU) and scored 27.0.

Ran it on XP x86 SP2 on an AMD Sempron 3100+ (single core CPU) and scored 13.6.

Was not expecting such a wide range.

Speedometer 2.0 benchmark results in my Windows x86 SP2 with Intel Core 2 Duo 6300, 1.86 GHz so no miracles here!

(in incognito window, without extensions running):

360Chrome v 12 r 8: scored 25.1

- then v 12 M: 25.2

- v 13 M: 23.1

- v 13.5 r 3: 23.1

Edited by msfntor

Speedometer 2.0 benchmark on XP x32 SP3 on an intel i5-540M 2.53GHz

360Chrome 12.0.1247 rebuild 9 ungoogled: scored 38.28

Edit: more brosers test

360Chrome 13.4.1030 rebuild 3: scored 37.75

360Chrome 9.5.0.138 : scored 36.6

360Chrome 11.0.2031 rebuild 5: scored 34.1

Arcticfox-27.11.0.win32-git-202011211 : scored 18.9

MyPal 29.3.0: scored 17.0

Edited by LowLander

16 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Using my v12 just for comparison.

Ran it on XP x86 SP2 on an AMD Sempron 3100+ (single core CPU) and scored 13.6.

For the sake of comparison  --

ungoogled v12 rebuild 9 scored 13.6.

Chromium v49 scored 10.3.

New Moon 28 just released today scored 4.9.