360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

The "restore" banner is very useful - to those that keep cookies and/or cache from one session to the next.

The "restore" banner is totally useless - to those that delete cookies and/or cache from one session to the next.

Unfortunately, that banner isn's smart enough to know if there is a session to restore or not so I kinda have to keep it, useful or useless.

Ideally, we end up with something that never crashes or crashes so seldomly that it's not an issue one way or the other.

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

telegram where the russian FSB mines data and trains their AI

If Telegram was controlled by the FSB, would the Russian authorities have intercepted the SMS to gain access to an opposition activist's account? This was followed by a media scandal. It would be much easier to read quietly on the server. Pavel Durov left Russia long ago.

Downloaded today 360Chrome 13.5.1030_r 3 Ungoogled build too... And I have the impression, that the regular version goes a bit faster...

Personally I'm not too afraid of google, after all my efforts to ban it with the help of uBlock O.
Look: www.google.com and www.gstatic.com I've banned them first (so they are in red in the uBlock window). 
Then in "My filters" section of uBlock, I have a LOT of bans for google...YouTube...twitter etc.

In the uBlock settings, "Block remote fonts" is notched.

My google search page is purified to the max: at the top, I've search bar and search button only, that's all.

Then I rarely search by google, to do the search I've many other search engines.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:24 PM, D.Draker said:

telegram where the russian FSB mines data

You are absolutely right. Telegram is directly controlled by FSB which is now widely considered as direct successor of KGB, or basically, renamed KGB.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:58 PM, artenox said:

If Telegram was controlled by the FSB, would the Russian authorities have intercepted the SMS to gain access to an opposition activist's account?

Because it is spectacle for the weak mind and simpletons so they continue to believe that Telegram is independent messaging system. When In reality it is under full direct control of FSB.

Here is explanation from insider who was chief editor on russian government run propaganda television - VGTRK. He tell that VGTRK use Telegram starting from ~2015 year as secured from foreign countries control russian messaging system. He explains that Telegram is FSB controlled. And that FSB have Encryption keys and technical access.

Status update -

Future releases will no longer be offered as one download for "regular" and one download for "ungoogled".

I will now be releasing what will be labeled as an "aio" (All In One) release.

The "regular" and the "ungoogled" only differ in one URL inside one API inside one file (resources.pak).

Both resources.pak file will be included in the "aoi" but will default to "regular".

Several AutoIt .exe files will be contained within the same folder that contains the 360Loader .exe/.ini.

These AutoIt files are run-when-needed files for the end user to change between various file structures.

Run the "Ungoogled Mode" AutoIt file and it creates the correct resouces.pak file so that next time you run the 360Loader, it runs as "ungoogled".  Every future launch of 360Loader runs as "ungoogled".

Run the "Regular Mode" AutoIt file and it creates the correct resources.pak file so that the next time you run the 360Loader, it runs as "regular".  Every future launch of 360Loader runs as "regular".

The end user could also opt to shortcut the AutoIt files instead of the regular 360Loader.

Click the "Ungoogled Mode" shortcut and you launch as "ungoogled".

Click the "Regular Mode" shortcut and you launch as "regular".

The profile is shared between both modes.

What this is going to extend into is also having an AutoIt file for the user to set their theme (if we had non-English folks interested in 360Chrome, we could use this method to also set translation files - but that user-base doesn't seem to exist).

The "aio" will be uploaded with the default file structure for "Regular Mode" and for "XP Theme".

If the end user wants "Dark Theme" as their default, they execute the "Dark Theme" AutoIt file and it will create the proper file structure so that every future launch of 360Loader runs with the "dark theme".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

hello ArcticFoxie.
understand you thought progress on this.
hope the upgrade will still be simple.
delete the ungoogled pak file and replace the default folder and loader.ini.

noticed something a few times now.
when i abort a slow download and delete it from the download window it still shows up on restart.
delete download history in the browser does not help.
when this happens , some 00000xx.ldb files are created in the root of the default folder.
deleting those files resolves the issue.

unfortunately i can not always reproduce this ...

Edited by rereser

13 hours ago, rereser said:

when i abort a slow download and delete it from the download window it still shows up on restart.
delete download history in the browser does not help.
when this happens , some 00000xx.ldb files are created in the root of the default folder.
deleting those files resolves the issue.

Will see if I can reproduce this.

On 10/27/2021 at 2:57 PM, msfntor said:

Personally I'm not too afraid of google, after all my efforts to ban it with the help of uBlock O.

Agreed.
I personally find it extremely narrow-minded how Firefox users boycott Chromium-based browsers.
If you are on the internet, you are being tracked to some degree, period!
We do our best to limit the tracking, but I really do believe that Firefox users turn a blind eye to the tracking that Firefox employs and they go into epileptic shock whenever they hear the word "Chromium" or "Chrome".
I sometimes feel like I should play Devil's Advocate and create a new member account and post telemetry findings left and right on every Firefox Fanatic Forum I can find.

Don't get me wrong.  I used Firefox (in the form of Pale Moon, Mypal, and New Moon) for YEARS.
But times change - several of my web sites NO LONGER WORK in Pale Moon, Mypal, and New Moon!  And it's not an XP Thing, the web sites DO NOT WORK in Pale Moon, Mypal, and New Moon on Win 7 or Win 10 either!

I keep my eyes open and test new releases.  MAYBE one of these days I will return to Firefox-based browsers.  But when web sites DO NOT WORK, then I really have very limited options.

And this really does SAY IT ALL  --
Chrome global market share = 65.2%
Firefox global market share = 3.7%

There is a REASON that Firefox is so LOW.
And Firefox users really should wake up if they are TRULY concerned with "fingerprinting"  --  it is MUCH easier to find a needle in a TINY haystack then it is to find one in a GIGANTIC haystack.
"Fingerprinting" has nothing to do with blocking fonts, blocking User Agent, blocking resolution detection.
"Fingerprinting" is about having 30 or 40 metrics, being able to detect only 6 to 10 of those metrics, and you are uniquely identified by only those 6 to 10.

Forensics don't need an entire "fingerprint", they only need a very small portion of the fingerprint to "identify" the felon.

But anyway...

tested in fresh unpacked 13.5-R3
found a way to replicate the download window issue.
https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop
start the download and keep refreshing the chrome default folder in explorer.
after some 30 seconds the ldb file will be created. (log file is created on start download)
now delete the ongoing download in the download window and clear browser download history.
without a browser restart the download window stays empty and the temp crdownload file is deleted.
restart browser and the file is still listed in the download manager but not on disk. (and the 0000xx.ldb file is in the default root)
workaround for now by this : FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\*.tmp;*-journal;log;log.old;*.log;*.ldb
just added ;*.ldb to the line in the loader.ini.

Edited by rereser