360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

1 hour ago, Leifman said:

it does work in v12 tho...

Hello @Leifman... I'm able to reach discord website in v 11 and v 12 builds, by stripping your original address to: https://discord.com - but after click on login link - we have a blank page...

(... and it was me who advised, in an earlier post, to press ESC keyboard to get rid of this nag window for extensions running in developer mode...)

Edited by msfntor

5 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Hello @Leifman... I'm able to reach discord website in v 11 and v 12 builds, by stripping your original address to: https://discord.com

(... and it was me who advised, in an earlier post, to press ESC keyboard to get rid of this nag window for extensions running in developer mode...)

that is just the website. it serves no purpose if u just go to 'discord.com' the entire point is to use the 'web version' which is the link i provided.. which u will see does not work in v11. but does in v12.

10 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I thought the Roytam thread had discussions regarding "polymer" and "Discord" ???

I don't recall and wasn't involved with the discussion because I have no clue what "Discord" is and never heard of it until users had issues with it and posted here on MSFN.

Wow really? Discord is like what replaced 'reddit' pretty much, while reddit being what replaced 'forums' in popularity.

Basically discord is like a thing that each can have their 'own' (for a site... group... person... etc') and each discord can have a bunch of sections like 'sub-forums' and u can post text/talk via voice and post gifs/etc' it's like super popular and have been forever... surprised u never heard of it :D hehe

Edited by Leifman

I've never once, ever, went to a search engine to research something and open up dozens upon dozens of informative results, research links leading to more research links, all very informative, never once have I ever landed on anything called "Discord".

Reddit, yes.

Even MSFN, yes.

But never once has a search engine landed me on "Discord".

So yeah, dead serious, never heard of it.

Text/talk via voice and post gifs  --  sounds like Snapchat or Instagram - if you don't mind the rib-jab, that sounds like the targeted audience is pre-teen and teen without the ability to focus on a topic and read any sentence with more than six words, throw some punctuation marks in there and you've totally lost them  :buehehe:

"site_engagement": {

},

this can be found in the preferences file. (open with notepad)
below that a record is kept of all sites visited.
"delete cookies and website data" clears those sites from the prefs file.
as i want to keep certain cookies i cleared out the prefs file "site_engagement" url's.
after some initial mistakes that worked and have set the pref file to "read only" for now.
that prevents chrome from logging visited sites but is not useful when you change browser settings.
extension settings do not appear to be affected by this.
just testing the inner workings of chrome here.
any way to disable the "site_engagement" feature or some comments on the matter.
some reading on this : https://github.com/WernerFP/vivaldi-clear-engagement.sh

think the "Most Visited Pages" option in chrome is somehow connected to this.
can not see how "site_engagement" data is useful for 360chrome to function or for users.
see your stored prefs file data , chrome://site-engagement

found a workaround to delete stored site data in the preferences file. (not set to read only !)
site-engagement storage function disabled if possible would still be better ... by that i mean to not just disable the page !
go to chrome://site-engagement / select "base" . mark the first value and do a tab / delete for each site.
this will clean the pref file reasonably quick.

data will be cleared on next restart with a smaller pref file size , will take several seconds to see the result.
for easy access to any chrome page , copy a random bookmark.
select edit , give it a name and copy / paste chrome://site-engagement as the website.

Edited by rereser

Hmmm, interesting.  Will research and report back.

I delete cookies and website data on every exit so my preferences file does not contain any data, but I do acknowledge that clearing cookies and website data on every exit shouldn't be the "only" way to utilize 360Chrome "comfortably".

Hi to ya all. I joined the beta testers team . Seems good so far ! I do not have any weird incoming connections that several of us had with the previous 2260 build . COOL !!!

I have three questions though .

1 - What was done to block broadcasting on mdns port 5353 ?

2 - Why can't I see cert. info , if I press on the padlock ? No popup window follows.

3 - Is there any way to remove qr code abomination popup ?

4 - Bonus question : if I open settings and press "inspect" , I see strings in russian language , is it supposed to be so ? 

Thank you very much !

screencap rus lang.png

34 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

1 - What was done to block broadcasting on mdns port 5353 ?

2 - Why can't I see cert. info , if I press on the padlock ? No popup window follows.

3 - Is there any way to remove qr code abomination popup ?

4 - Bonus question : if I open settings and press "inspect" , I see strings in russian language , is it supposed to be so ? 

#4  --  Yes and No.  Yes if you change skin/theme to dark.  No if you use my uploaded build as-is without making skin/theme changes.  I will be making a dark theme eventually.

#3  --  Don't click on the share link and the popup doesn't pop up.  Or are you getting a QR Code popping up without clicking a link or context menu item first?  I have not found a way to remove it from the context menu.

#2  --  Good Catch!  Didn't notice that until you mentioned it.  I'll see what I can find.

#1  --  Seems to be the result of hundreds of modifications, to be honest.  I chose to NOT do any "blind" replacements and combed through the chrome.dll file line by line.

8 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I read somewhere here (can't find it) that it is possible to get rid of the "restore" popup... How do you do that? It is annoying to have to close a useless (for me) popup. Thanks! 

Hello @dmiranda,

For me, I find this "restore" popup useful, sorry...