360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

And... when would be your dark skin (for never 13 builds), which I am looking forward to, please?

I was actually toying around with a "Halloween Edition" but time kinda got away from me and it's taking more time than expected.
A witch flying to the left for "back", a zombie walking to the right for "forward", a black cat with a swooping tail for "restore", a tombstone for "home", a witch's pot for "bookmarks", a pumpkin for the "menu".
Orange text on a dark gray background (which was planned to evolve into green text on a dark gray background for a "Matrix Edition").
It was more for fun as an interim before an official "dark theme" but like I say, time kinda got away from me.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:14 AM, rereser said:

share page (qr code) on right click still there and non functional. (option not present in v13.2206)

I see this in the context menu and have placed a "(feature disabled)" placeholder in the menu until I can find where to remove the menu line completely.  Kind of a temporary fix for now.

thanks for the almost final ! :thumbup
all issues i mentioned are resolved. (the one context menu item excluded)
gave it a good test run and can not fault it.
no surprise for me there after running all the alpha builds as default from day one. :)

Edited by rereser

1 hour ago, rereser said:

all issues i mentioned are resolved. (the one context menu item excluded)

This one might have to stay in the context menu, still digging - it is disabled, it's just still "visible" in the context menu and I've changed it to (disabled feature).

This is one of those "added BLOAT" items that didn't exist in ANY of the previous v11, v12, or v13.0 builds.

about the "feature disabled" , it is not , just the name change.
still generates the qr-code popup for me. (qr-code never shown)
maybe just rename it to original and leave it alone. (not worth your time i think)
there is another non working function in v13.5 and v13.2206 , audio mute in the statusbar.
also does not matter.

found some translation "errors" in (F12) dev tools / settings.
most are in experiments but also in preferences , spacings where there should not be. ("allow custom ui them es" for example)
not present in v13.2206-5 or v13.2206-4 (default profile)
you said you wanted v13.5 to be the same as v13.2206 ...
personally it does not bother me but i said i would test.

Edited by rereser

Found a hint here about adding --no-sandbox command line parameter to prevent the issue with text on pages disappearing, which may happen under certain not understood circumstances on XP. Also eventually happens with ArcticFoxie's 360Chrome 11 build on my XP install without --no-sandbox parameter here.

I have PPAPI Flash Player 32.0.0.465 (with timebomb disabled) installed besides NPAPI version, PPAPI version is loaded when entering settings page and makes the 360chrome.exe process where it's loaded crash in Flash Player's DLL, though this doesn't prevent using settings page. I've disabled PPAPI version on chrome://plugins page. This version otherwise seems to function normally, though I remember from past experiences that NPAPI version usually performs better. I haven't tested too see if sandboxless Chrome makes PPAPI version perform smoother. As far as I understand, PPAPI was practically made to sandbox Flash Player.

Edited by UCyborg

found some translation "errors" in (F12) dev tools / settings.
most are in experiments but also in preferences , spacings where there should not be. ("allow custom ui them es" for example)

I cannot replicate.  This could be due to OS-specific font or DPI settings on your computer.

spacer.png

about the "feature disabled" , it is not , just the name change.
still generates the qr-code popup for me. (qr-code never shown)

Cannot replicate.  I don't get the qr-code popup.  Do you get it on a clean profile?  I think I'll just leave the default "Share page", reupload, and call it our official "rebuild_1".  Save dark theme for as-time-permits.

16 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Cannot replicate.  I don't get the qr-code popup.  Do you get it on a clean profile?  I think I'll just leave the default "Share page", reupload, and call it our official "rebuild_1".  Save dark theme for as-time-permits.

I can , this "feature disabled" function summons qr code with this version and with mine too. 

@ArcticFoxie , 13.5 seems to be faster with youtube ! You know Dixel always tells the truth , even if it's unpleasant ! In this case it is pleasant , so you've just got a compliment from Dixel , which is a big deal , because of my experience with modding , so congrats. Time spent with 13.5 was not in vain . But .... you ain't getting any likes , since you don't care about them , like you said yourself earlier.

@ArcticFoxie ,

thanks , you are correct about the dev tools , no translate errors.
changing the minimum font size in settings is responsible for the spacing.
anything above 13 and that happens and i need it to be set at 14. (browser restart required to test)

qr code popup shows for me in a first run unpacked copy of v13.5-b2 but i don't mind.
don't even own a smart phone ...
agree with renaming back to "Share Page" is best.
looking forward to the final build.

as for the lockups you posted in another thread , i have yet to see that happen after almost two weeks using v13.5.
i close the browser many times a day and don't keep browser sessions or tabs.
for me the browser always starts with a new empty tab and i just use bookmarks.
even if i would get that once in a while , i still prefer v13.5 over v12.
websites are "evolving" fast so i think chrome 86 vs 78 is better.
however ,  anyone should use a version that suits their needs , be it v11 , 12 or 13.

another reason for me why i prefer v13.5 is that i can crash v12.0.1247 rebuild 8 on html5test. (clean profile , just tested again)
may take me a minute or two but it does and with v13.5 i can not.
with that result i can not trust v12 to be stable and not crash during random browsing.
as you can not replicate this , maybe it is just me or my xp install.

screenshot added for v12.0.1247-8.
instant crash on just loading the page this time.

MWSnap286.jpg

Edited by rereser

3 hours ago, rereser said:

qr code popup shows for me in a first run unpacked copy of v13.5-b2 but i don't mind.

No qr popup here could be due to I keep host file entries as a precautionary measure even after removing as much telemetry as I can find.

Partly because I prefer the host file entries in place due to testing several versions and several builds and not knowing what those versions and builds will try to "telemetize" (I made up that word, no royalties needed, use at will).