360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Download link for v13.5.1030 Beta_1 added to first post.

Only file change since Alpha_10 is chrome.dll.

All telemetry should be removed at this point and will now call this a Beta instead of an Alpha.

Chromecast removals have been reserved for a Beta_2 release after verifying stability of Beta_1.

Only specific and precise location modifications, no throwing of a wide net and "replace all" generic types of replacements.

Telemetry removals of following items -
     xianpei.360.cn
     qhimg.com
     www.qihoo.com
     warn.mse.360.cn
     passport.360.cn
     login.360.cn
     test.login.360.cn
     hao.360.cn
     siteinfo.browser.360.cn
     tt.browser.360.cn
     browser.360.cn
     elephant.browser.360.cn
     warn.se.360.cn (unicode)
     warn.mse.360.cn (unicode)

the russians sure did leave a lot of links in the dll.
removing telemetry in all latest builds has not affected anything on my end.
no unwanted connections with a now empty hosts file.
stable as always for the last 11 days. (not a single crash , dep enabled with 360chrome not excluded)

Most are actually innocuous within the chrome.dll because so many files are removed.

But it's still better safe than sorry and to remove them from the .dll.

360Chrome in its original Chinese form is the most BLOATED of software programs I've ever come across.

A "download" sub-directory with 10 .dll files and 2 .exe files for adding zip decompression, download manager, peer-to-peer, and "bug reporting" - all USELESS in order for a web browser to do what it is supposed to do -- which is to browse web sites.

Then there are 7 .dll files in the original plugins sub-directory - just added BLOAT and not needed.

The original Chinese "application" directory has FORTY NINE files in it (not including sub-directories).

For comparison, Beta_1 "application" directory has TWELVE files in it.

It really is unreal how much BLOATWARE CRAP is piled in with 360Chrome.

Very reliable and stable and very capable browser when axed down to the essentials!

All of the BLOAT is especially fun to watch when you've been around this browser for close to a year now.

There is something to be said for using v11 over v12 or v12 over v13.

Each newer version just gets more and more BLOAT piled in.

There is something to be said for using earlier builds for each branch as opposed to the latest-and-greatest for each branch.

It really is the added BLOAT that mostly changes from one build to the next.

Newer is not always better.

Granted, v13.5 seems to be an improvement over v13.0  --  fingers crossed.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Gotta say @ArcticFoxieYou did something pretty damn awesome with your versions :) I noticed that some sites started to not load properly with a 'spoofed' older chrome version (via that -- useragent command) so i almost gave up on ever having them run properly (those sites are bugged on my main browser - mypal 29.3.0) and i tried the other person's 360 versions before that basically didn't load sites at all due to the certification stuff...

but trying your '360ChromePortable_11.0.2031_rebuild_4.zip' simply worked. it loads fast and the browser itself looks awesome! didn't try the newer versions for worry about it being 'too memory intensive' but i might give them a try too :)

Thank you.

Edited by Leifman

:thumbup

I personally prefer v11 but I can't use two of my web sites (which have no alternatives as they are work-related) on it and I want an all-or-nothing web browser so I use v12 for everything.

I used to have three or four browser (at least!) and I always had to remember which one was better for this, which one one was better for that, et cetera.  That got old very fast!

20 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

:thumbup

I personally prefer v11 but I can't use two of my web sites (which have no alternatives as they are work-related) on it and I want an all-or-nothing web browser so I use v12 for everything.

I used to have three or four browser (at least!) and I always had to remember which one was better for this, which one one was better for that, et cetera.  That got old very fast!

lol i feel you.. used to have Firefox ESR and chrome and another one opened all the time.. that changed to mypal (which now unfortunately will never update due to the palemoon guys shutting down Feodor's work on it) but the latest version i use still works great as an overall 'for everything' sorta thing. (also super easy to just close/reopen to lower memory usage that is already not that high from it)

Then i have an old chrome portable version (36.0.1985.143) always open for just 2 uses, 1 is to fix a bug with my mixer (that requires some kinda 'flash' or audio playing in the background to remove) so i have 'nyancat' (just the .mp3 file) running in a tab on a loop 24/7 whenever my pc is on (yeah might sound weird.. but it hardly takes any cpu usage, basically none at all and fixes my issue. oh and it's obviously 'muted' lol) and also as i REALLY dig this chrome portable's pdf viewer and i use it as the main one for all my pdf (books/novels) that i read constantly during the day.

Then comes your v11 360 that solves the issue with that site or few sites that were buggy with mypal and i used a more up to date chrome spoofed version that i deleted coz it stopped working. but the 'nice surprise' was that v11 really works great and better for other stuff.. like discord via browser is so much smoother/better with it than on mypal and overall i can grab some chrome addons i cant grab on mypal to work on it and it's just fast and seemingly full of useful options (that you so awesomely added/designed i suppose?)

So thank you :) and i feel your pain on the 'multiple browsers' as u can tell :D

Edit: oh and on a side-note.. I'm using the 'Regular' version.. but i saw that there is the XP x86 SP2  one... what is the difference between the regular and that one? i do have xp 32bit (so x86) and SP3 tho.... i saw the explanation for the ungoogled (that isn't necessary for me really) but saw none for the XP x86 SP2 one

Edited by Leifman

v11 requires a "hack" in order for the browser to execute on XP x86 SP2.

Not an issue with XP x64 SP2 or XP x86 SP3 and higher.

v12 and v13 don't require the "hack" as the original Chinese authors created v12 and v13 to already execute on XP x86 SP2.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

5 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

v11 requires a "hack" in order for the browser to execute on XP x86 SP2.

Not an issue with XP x64 SP2 or XP x86 SP3 and higher.

v12 and v13 don't require the "hack" as the original Chinese authors created v12 and v13 to already execute on XP x86 SP2.

ah i see, thanks for the clarification! it doesn't concern me either it seems.

personally do you find v12 and v13 more heavy/intensive on the memory? because thus far... i find v11 really chill on momory usage (with not that many tabs open or addons i guess) and that's why i even tried it before v12 and v13 to begin with :D (Maybe i'm just traumatized from the other person's 360 notes about his v9 or so being less 'heavy' than the later ones and it has nothing to do with yours)

360Chrome is based off of Chrome/Chromium and they are owned by Google.

There is an option to Delete Cookies on every exit and people that delete cookies every exit do so for privacy and security reasons.

But Google doesn't want you deleting the Google cookie so they built in a "feature" that when the user wants to delete ALL cookies, the Google cookie WILL NOT DELETE.

This allows Google to track the living crap out of you via a cookie that you thought was deleting when you set the setting to delete on every exit but in fact is not being deleted.

It is there FOREVER unless you yourself MANUALLY delete it - which you thought you were doing when you set the setting to delete all cookies on exit.

This is a blatant embedded "workaround" by Google to keep THEIR cookie but delete everybody elses.

The "ungoogled" version breaks this "shenanigan" and when the user sets the setting to delete ALL cookies on exit, the browser will now do exactly what the user told the browser to do - delete ALL cookies on exit.

My v11, v12, and v13 all use roughly the same amount of memory as other public releases for v11, v12, and v13.

I've never had any issue with any of the three versions and one of my computers only has 2GB of RAM  --  but I admittedly don't use that computer for anything like YouTube.

If you "hoard tabs" or do what is called "page parking", then you are better off with v11 or v12.

Depends on how many tabs you "hoard" or "park" on.

I personally do not hoard or park tabs but it is common for me to have a bare minimum of THIRTY tabs open without any issues.

But I do not close the browser with all THIRTY still open and expect the browser to "continue where I left off" and spawn a thirty-tab browser session the next time I open the browser.

@ArcticFoxie, would it be possible to put a part of "Optimize memory..." button in dark grey, so we can see it on your white background, please?
And... when would be your dark skin (for never 13 builds), which I am looking forward to, please?

PS.

In Settings/Advanced/Network we have the possibility to notch "Enable speed opimizations" - but I don't see more speed with...

Edited by msfntor