360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

2 hours ago, rereser said:

discovered a bug that started with alpha 3 (also present in a4 and a5)

Technically not a bug.

That "feature" ends up being removed/disabled COMPLETELY but all I've done so far is to remove the FILES associated with the "feature" and have also removed the .xml files that go with the popup.

I still need to remove the "access points" that tries to execute the files that are now no longer there (and that is why you have a lockup).

That is a (known) side effect to having "portions" of that feature not yet removed.

While on the topic, it's also why I would discourage using any of my builds (or even Humming Owl's builds) where the end-user tries to "mix and match" files for the sake of something like html5test stability (as an example).

Some of the telemetry "components" exists in SEVERAL files.

I will be rolling out SEVERAL alpha releases along the way as an attempt to ISOLATE any single set of changes causing html5test instability.

I personally suspect that NONE of the changes cause that instability and just by bumping up to v13.5 solved that issue - will know more as we roll out alpha releases.

But I do discourage end users mix-matching basically several main "container" files because they contain dozens upon dozens upon dozens of files "inside" that all tie in with each other.

When ALL of those "container" files are used TOGETHER, the end user will not (should not) be able to crash their browser by attempting to access something like a NoCoin setting intentionally broken/disabled/removed in dozens of "container" files.

Download link for v13.5.1030 Alpha_6 added to first post.

en-us.pak -> capitalization correction missed in previous alpha's

options.zip ->
     switcher_manage.js
     search_engine_manager_engine_list.js
     options.js
     appstore.js
     appstore.css
     cookies_view.css
     import_or_export_bookmark_overlay.css
     shortcut.css
     options_page.css
     advanced_options.css
     browser_options_page.css
     options.html

note to self : use default ini and don't add "DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\IndexedDB"
it will corrupt the profile and causes some sites not to load anymore such as (example) deezer.com/us
replaced with folder from working alpha 4 , lesson learned.

as for alpha 6 :
can see where this is going.
nice cleanup in the settings and stable as alpha 1 and the ru version i ran 2 days before.

Thanks.

Yeah, profile maintenance can be a bit of a pain when updating frequently.  :(

I created an AutoIt script that recreates my profile for me - fully automated, always kinda fun to watch the mouse move around and text fields filled in with no interaction with the mouse or keyboard.

I prefer to create a brand new profile from scratch with each and every release, I don't try to preserve it or migrate it, I install extensions from the ground up each and every release.

Some remarks on the fly, for @ArcticFoxie's v13.5.1030 Alpha_6:

* In the Settings, the Settings/Advanced/Web Content, "Disable pop-ups" is NOT notched natively (uh oh!)...

* With "Dark Background and Light Text" extension,  with Default ("Stylesheet processor") option notched, web pages are blank (and new tab too), not nice dark like in build 13 2250 M... that's why I stick with build 13 2250 M (in which I've also chosen the dark theme)

* google's Consent popup is in Russian, then Chrome Web Store is in Russian too...

* I don't prefer to have brand new browser with each and every release... The 360Chrome browser's builds population on my desktop is growing exponentially...

* finally the internal text is well readable, thanks!

See you soon, and thanks for your hard work!

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

In the Settings, the Settings/Advanced/Web Content, "Disable pop-ups" is NOT notched natively (uh oh!)...

I do not use this option and have no issues with pop-ups without it - I only allow whitelisted javascript and do not use any pop-up blockers be they built-in or be they extensions.
I personally find that pop-up blockers are a headache 70% of the time while blocking ALL javascript then reloading a webpage that simply "forces" javascript is only a headache 30% of the time.
I will take that 30% over that 70% any day of the week  :ph34r:
To each their own...

google's Consent popup is in Russian, then Chrome Web Store is in Russian too...

Aware, have not gotten this far yet, this should be resolved once alpha finally makes it to an official "rebuild_1".

in which I've also chosen the dark theme

Blah, blah, blah...  :buehehe:
I'm starting to feel like "dark themes" have somehow become the ultimate mind-melt control mechanism of "tech giants" indoctrinating the mind and turning us all into "Lemmings"  --  sorry, I will not follow those Lemmings over the cliff, I am not a "gamer" and do not see the need for my web browser to look like a scene of some video game so "easy" to the eyes that a "gamer" will spend the entire day in front of it and then wakes up one morning and finally decides to let some sunshine in and finds himself wondering how life passed him by...  But I digress...

spacer.png

Edited by ArcticFoxie

For those truly curious as to whether "dark themes" are 'better' for your eyesight  --
     https://www.androidauthority.com/dark-mode-1046425/
     https://www.maketecheasier.com/are-dark-themes-better-for-eyes-battery/

"In terms of readability, the verdict is clear: black text on a white background is the best."
Um, no duh in my view, you cannot buy a book or a newspaper that uses white text on black paper  --  Q.E.D.
But for any of you entrepreneurial type dark-theme fans that feel so strongly that dark themes are the best invention ever, maybe you can found your own company speciallizing in books and magazines using "dark theme" print schemes - "good luck".
I also had Lasik several years back and also corrected an astigmatism so this too could explain why DARK THEMES look TERRIBLE per MY eyesight.

Couldn't resist...  :whistle:

Edited by ArcticFoxie

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I do not use this option and have no issues with pop-ups without it - I only allow whitelisted javascript and do not use any pop-up blockers be they built-in or be they extensions.
I personally find that pop-up blockers are a headache 70% of the time while blocking ALL javascript then reloading a webpage that simply "forces" javascript is only a headache 30% of the time.
I will take that 30% over that 70% any day of the week  :ph34r:
To each their own...

Aware, have not gotten this far yet, this should be resolved once alpha finally makes it to an official "rebuild_1".

Blah, blah, blah...  :buehehe:
I'm starting to feel like "dark themes" have somehow become the ultimate mind-melt control mechanism of "tech giants" indoctrinating the mind and turning us all into "Lemmings"  --  sorry, I will not follow those Lemmings over the cliff, I am not a "gamer" and do not see the need for my web browser to look like a scene of some video game so "easy" to the eyes that a "gamer" will spend the entire day in front of it and then wakes up one morning and finally decides to let some sunshine in and finds himself wondering how life passed him by...  But I digress...

spacer.png

@ArcticFoxie,

Internal 360Chrome popup blocker function works well, and acts (also positively) on redirects - so it would be better for everyone's security to have this possibility notched from the beginning.
Dark theme is better for my eyes, more relaxing. The worst in a browser would be for my eyes the white flash of new tab... So I kindly ask you not to laugh at my preferences (of dark theme for example)... - I don't laugh at people with different opinions, everyone has the RIGHT to have their own opinions, even if they are very different from yours. The differences between people - that's our wealth, I think.
Your image - you see where it leads not to take into consideration the opinion of someone who differs from the thoughts of most people...
You - you must be happy, when people react to your work's product... It's not about what you like - you have to listen to the others for whom you are doing your work.
Because I think you do this for others, not for yourself.... I am not wrong about this, please?

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I still plan on creating a dark theme - but it's so back-burner that it's sitting on the stove at the appliance store instead of the stove in my own kitchen.

The dark theme as I would like to see it - not black (I hate black and white, it's too contrasting for me), but grey, like silver...

Moreover, from what I see now: the "Extension manager" button leads to Chrome Web Store in Russian (google consent in Russian first...).

But on my extension's icon - the link to "Extension manager" from right click works good, leading to extensions page; then "Get more extensions" link leads to Chrome Web Store in English!

At the rigt in the search bar, button "F" with a red exclamation mark (is this popup blocker button? or javascript alert button?) gives in chinese, if I touch with my mouse......If click on it, starts Chinese page: https://bbs.360.cn/thread-15951954-1-1.html

This weird button you can see with this page: http://mozlima.github.io/redirectbypasser/test/test-redirectbypasser.html?url=javascript:alert(21)&

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

the "Extension manager" button leads to Chrome Web Store in Russian (google consent in Russian first...).

But on my extension's icon - the link to "Extension manager" from right click works good, leading to extensions page; then "Get more extensions" link leads to Chrome Web Store in English!

Normal behavior for an in-process alpha build.  Not all of the extensions page modifications have been implemented yet.
Maybe it was too confusing to roll out "alpha" releases and I should have held off until an official "rebuild_1"?

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

At the rigt in the search bar, button "F" with a red exclamation mark

It's because Flash plugin files are not supplied by default.
Outside of a "test" site, Flash no longer seems to have any real-world presence.
If you have sites that "require" Flash then I could supply notes on how to install and where to obtain (no clue offhand, to be honest, I thought all web browsers removed Flash support a year ago, seems a step backwards to bring it back).

5 hours ago, msfntor said:

Dark theme is better for my eyes, more relaxing. The worst in a browser would be for my eyes the white flash of new tab... So I kindly ask you not to laugh at my preferences (of dark theme for example)... - I don't laugh at people with different opinions, everyone has the RIGHT to have their own opinions, even if they are very different from yours. The differences between people - that's our wealth, I think.
Your image - you see where it leads not to take into consideration the opinion of someone who differs from the thoughts of most people...

:thumbup

When it comes to me, my eyes don't like the way Chromium browsers render text. MS improved it a lot in Edge so it follows system parameters, though text still looks a bit better in Firefox browsers to me.

Same on WinXP - Firefox > Chromium. Well, FX still does mess up rendering certain fonts on that platform, maybe Direct2D/DirectWrite or whatever on newer OS helps.

In either case, they will have to pry the good 'ol fox (or the moon or the snake :)) from my cold dead hands.

Edited by UCyborg