360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

5 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

My v13.5 developer tools should have already been in English.

5 hours ago, rereser said:

i know but for me for some reason it was not ?
checked again with a fresh unpacked folder from zip.

I double-checked and the English Developer Tools was not saved in Alpha_1.

Found the fix and will default to English in Alpha_2.

Almost completed with a large portion of the broken English corrections, will have an uploaded Alpha_2 later this evening.

@ArcticFoxie.
thanks for yet another v13.5 update !
refreshing to see this browser finally works without crashing.

could not find any changes at first glance.
still some russian in settings / advanced / https-ssl.
dev tools are now in english by default.
bookmarks toolbar icons issue still present.

about the loader.ini :
you left out --disable-print-preview , --js-flags=--noexpose_wasm , --kiosk-printing and --disable-webgl.
my ini is the extended one from 360ChromePortable_13.0.2206_rebuild_4.zip.
have removed --disable-webgl here and added the swiftshader folder to 360Chrome\Chrome\Application\13.5.1030.0 from a build by Humming Owl.
maybe you should too as the --disable-webgl flag is not present at this point and some people would like webgl to work.
am keeping the other three flags for now.

found a regression in the translation.
settings / lab / acceleration : there are two "reminder" settings that now have squares in them.

8 hours ago, Dixel said:

... everyone , but me , of course !

This isn't Facebook or Instagram, a member's contributions here at MSFN are not quantified by the number of "likes" or "mentions".

Sorry pal, life doesn't work that way.  I don't stalk you and post "likes", I'm not requesting you to "stalk" me and post "likes".

Edited by ArcticFoxie

38 minutes ago, rereser said:

still some russian in settings / advanced / https-ssl.

Aware, still in-process.
Yesterday's update was roughly 2.5 hours modifying a known 371 files out of 4,188 extensionless files inside en-us.pak based solely on differences between v13.0 original versus my v13.0 modified.
The remaining 3,817 extensionless files still need investigated as to whether they contain broken English or are fine as-is.
I personally take the approach of my v11, my v12, my v13, and now my v13.5 to all contain the exact same English phrases, I do not want a setting phrased differently in one version to the next, they should all be identical.
The en-us.pak contains another 124 .json files I have not looked at yet.

dev tools are now in english by default.

:thumbup

bookmarks toolbar icons issue still present.

Aware, still in-process.  This really is a very long and time-consuming process.
Have not done any modifications to GUI as of yet.

39 minutes ago, rereser said:

you left out --disable-print-preview , --js-flags=--noexpose_wasm , --kiosk-printing and --disable-webgl.

:blushing:  oops...  Will correct in next alpha release.

56 minutes ago, rereser said:

some people would like webgl to work

I will leave this at the discretion of the end-user.
I'm not a "gamer" and WebGL poses potential security risks which outweigh (in my view) the need for graphics features seldom seen in Top 500 web sites.
I seem to recall that one has to search far and wide just to find any web site that uses WebGL, it doesn't seem to be very common and users that do require it are advanced users with the know-how to add it back in.  ;)

58 minutes ago, rereser said:

settings / lab / acceleration : there are two "reminder" settings that now have squares in them

In-process, have not gotten that far yet.

1 hour ago, rereser said:

settings / lab / acceleration : there are two "reminder" settings that now have squares in them

A very interesting one indeed, many thanks.

That square is generally a unicode font character that was rendered incorrectly.

It happens with ellipses quite a bit when rendered as a single glyph ( … ) versus as three dots ( ... )

"It happens with ellipses quite a bit when rendered as a single glyph"
right ... , know exact what you just said there :)
ok , webgl not present by default.
something else found:
in the download window there is now text (Op...) in the upper right corner.
no text present in 13.2206-5
both show text on hover. (sure that is still in the to do list)
appreciate all the hours you put in !
massive undertaking so please , no rush !

had a look at the en-us pak file.
so that's where the text is.
4313 objects unpacked , that is indeed a staggering amount of work.

copied the en-us pack from v13.2206-5 to v13.5-2 and look what that does.
whole is menu now in bold fonts.
will not keep this , just curious enough to test.

MWSnap289.jpg

Edited by rereser

1 hour ago, rereser said:

in the download window there is now text (Op...) in the upper right corner.

Can't find it, can you post a screencap?

49 minutes ago, rereser said:

so that's where the text is.

Nowhere near all of it.  Text also exists in .xml files buried inside .srx files.

49 minutes ago, rereser said:

copied the en-us pack from v13.2206-5 to v13.5-2

Can't do that.  The extensionless files are indexed and there are over 4,000 non-sequential files.  Somewhere right around file number 1400 or so the index was incresed by 10 for v13.5 compared to v13.0 then somewhere around file number 12000 the index lined back up again.  I don't recall the file numbers exactly, I use WinMerge to get the files that are different then paste into a spreadsheet and highlight when completed.

Purely as an example, file number 1400 might say "Close" in v13.0 but that file is file number 1410 in v13.5.  But by copying a file between versions without accounting for index offsets, now when the GUI pulls file number 1400 from the wrong en-us pack it is pulling the text "Open in New Window" instead but with only enough room for the original "Close" so now it is displaying "(Op...)" instead.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

copied the en-us pack from v13.2206-5 to v13.5-2 and look what that does.
MWSnap289.jpg

The "Use a prediction service" is in the wrong location - it's because file numbers are not indexed the same between v13.0 and v13.5

"Pressing Tab on a webpage" is in the wrong location - file numbers do not index the same from version to version.

"This setting is" for the "Extensions" button in the lower left corner is not supposed to say "This setting is" - file numbers do not index the same from version to version.

It's not supposed to say "File extensions" above "Use last download directory" - file numbers do not index the same from version to version.

You're likely seeing those types of errors all over the place - all due to copying a file intended for v13.0 over to v13.5  --  can't do that.