360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

12 hours ago, rereser said:

@ArcticFoxie ,

haven't run your v13 version for that long and it does the same for me.

just needed to as new moon 28 is frozen in it's tracks and more and more pages don't work.
after the learning curve i was impressed with this chrome version. (on xp!)

very fast , opens all sites and releases memory when it should.
was getting used to the crashes (and even your blue theme :) ) when i saw the post about v13.1.
you mentioned v13.5 so i found that and started testing.
can not fault this one yet where with 13.2206 you and i can. (html5test for me and an open started reply on msfn for you)

have made the settings (that i need and do not change) and have my extensions after removing the ones that come installed by default.
these connections are made on browser start only.

Host Name         : hiya.browser.360.cn
Host Name         : puv.tt.browser.360.cn

don't know what they are , if this is a risk , or what data is send.
the russians left it in v13.5 for a reason ? (blocked in hosts now without negative effect)

maybe you accidentally removed too much harmless code and other modifications except translations and skin.
but problems to start only after 6 months could make anyone doubt their work and you should not.

long story short: just tested the russian v13.0.2206 (default extensions removed) against html5test.com and it chrashes the same as your v13 modified version.

conclusion 1 : "stable"  2206 source you started out from is flawed , period.
conclusion 2 : you did nothing wrong , except for leaving out a win2k skin :)
no doubt in my mind.

"hiya" is a form of greeting , mostly used by the British peasants , not trying to offend anyone , just my personal observation  . I've never seen any British person with a good education who uses it . It's a telemetry function  , usually at it's first launch , hence the name : hiya.browser.360.cn

Of course , again and again , I'm seeing that super duper russian hackers left the telemetry untouched.

The question is why , deliberately or just due to their incompetence ? 

Host Name: puv.tt.browser.360.cn is a well known server that needs to be blocked , also.

Again, I warn everyone , do not use chino-russian "things" .

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

"hiya" is a form of greeting , mostly used by the British peasants , not trying to offend anyone , just my personal observation  . I've never seen any British person with a good education who uses it .

Hiya used to be very common in the US-European leet gaming communities between the early 1990s and early 2000s (dunno if that 's the case now or before-just to sound peasant like). True, they didn't sound well educated, but could sure be annoying (or worse) if you messed with them.

Anyhow, I could not detect the connections below in either 13s @Articfoxie or @Humming Owl mods (never used 360chrome cn or ru without these two guys' modding first):

Host Name         : hiya.browser.360.cn
Host Name         : puv.tt.browser.360.cn

As per not using chino-russian "things" where does 360chrome come from, I wonder.

2 hours ago, Dixel said:

chino-russian "things"

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Never used any non-portable soft

Even portable soft can mess with your firewall and other system settings if you are careless -particularly with software whose source is not open to scrutiny.

2 hours ago, dmiranda said:

As per not using chino-russian "things" where does 360chrome come from, I wonder.

I meant do not use their "dirty" (original chinese version). As per russian version , there is absolutely no need to use it too , since there are versions from scratch available .

5 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Even portable soft can mess with your firewall and other system settings if you are careless -particularly with software whose source is not open to scrutiny.

Hi , I think you replied to the wrong person, it was arcticfoxie , the OP. Anyways , I agree with you ! Had some soft and it modified the firewall settings.

7 hours ago, Dixel said:

"hiya" is a form of greeting , mostly used by the British peasants

xD !!! I've met quite a few British hooligans here , yes I'm still alive and well after that , nice lads actually. And the second word ,after hiya, they really like is b@ll@cks. 

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

I have no inbound here.  Can you post a screencap?  Can it be isolated to any background tab that is opened?

Post a srceencap of what exactly ? How my firewall asks me if I want to block it ? No background opened , nothing , it happens only right at the start , but if I press agree to block and nothing later . I guess it would have happened later on too if I didn't press agree to block. 

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

Again, I warn everyone , do not use chino-russian "things" .

In CrowdInspect:

360Chrome versions:

12 M and 13 M: 360Chrome.exe : Listening ALL IPv4 on Local Ip

12 r 8 and 13 r 5: 360Loader.exe: MHR red point with two exclamations

-that's all that seems suspicious; about red point reread explications of @ArcticFoxie  - so red point is NOT suspicious.

DNS yandex finds: this depends on the website you are looking at, this depends if the website has links to yandex...that's all.
For example, if you've in 12 M build, a tab with WHOER.nethttps://whoer.net/
 - you see in CrowdInspect 360Chrome.exe the DNS: mail-yandex-ru-production-external.stable.qloud-b.yandex.net

So without some website in a tab you have no yandex or vk.com service connections eventually - this is NOT from 360Chrome nice browser.

WHOER is known to always make yandex connections, at least it is an excellent service to check your browser, which I've been using for years...
On the web you've many websites to make connections to yandex or vk.com russian social network, and we are still alive.

But deleting from browser's code all telemetry "chino-russian "things" " - I'm all for it!:P

Edited by msfntor

11 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Check with any on-demand antivirus. The file is clear.

16 minutes ago, msfntor said:

I can't replicate this.

26 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

I can't replicate this.

I wrote:

In CrowdInspect:

360Chrome versions:

Under Type tab: UDP

So under State tab: Listening