360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

2 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

All Chrome-based browsers do that, not sure since when, part of "Chromecast".

All Firefox-based browsers do that since v36 but I think this is disabled via browser.casting.enabled=false, unsure.

I do not get these types of warnings on any other chrome based browsers. Only with this one. With all versions that are presented here , including yours . 

You should be seeing this "behavior" in Chrome, in Firefox, and in Edge.

Safari is the only browser that disables it by default.

I think what you guys are seeing is QUIC - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QUIC

I had this experimental crap disabled since ages . --disable-quic (not my invention , credits to and suggested by @Dixel). 

5 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I do not get these types of warnings on any other chrome based browsers. Only with this one. With all versions that are presented here , including yours . 

Be cautious.  Most other Chrome-based browsers add to your firewall rules for you.  This one doesn't do that because we don't use any "installer".

I do think what you guys are seeing is present in several other web browsers.

I love the vigilance!

All Chrome-based browsers do that, not sure since when, part of "Chromecast".

All Firefox-based browsers do that since v36 but I think this is disabled via browser.casting.enabled=false, unsure.

I had this piece of crap disabled since ages . BTW , your flag is of no use . This is the right one: 

--load-media-router-component-extension=0 (not my invention , credits to and suggested by  @Dixel). 

Be cautious.  Most other Chrome-based browsers add to your firewall rules for you.  This one doesn't do that because we don't use any "installer".

I do think what you guys are seeing is present in several other web browsers.

I love the vigilance!

Never used any non-portable soft , but thanks for the warning . Yet the question remains open . Several members reported inbound traffic , even though I have all "chromecast router" junk disabled.

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Page 1?  Or Page 55?

Both load equally fast for me in 360Chrome v12 (NoScript 11.2.3 enabled) and in Mypal 27.9.4 (NoScript 5.1.9 disabled, render-lag if enabled).

If you are using NoScript then that can cause some very serious render-lags in FF-based browsers here at MSFN et alia.

But I seem to recall that "newer" NoScript extensions will cause the same render-lag in Chrome-based browsers here at MSFN et alia.

Page 1, of course. Very heavy.

Sorry for doubled response

Now, I see in CrowdInspect (it's portable so you could download it and see you too):

360Chrome.exe has two processes (among its many other running processes) that use DNS of yandex.ru and another of front.kp.yandex.net

Edited by msfntor

2 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Never used any non-portable soft , but thanks for the warning . Yet the question remains open . Several members reported inbound traffic , even though I have all "chromecast router" junk disabled.

Same here, all portable.

What is your full list of startup flags?

I have no inbound here.  Can you post a screencap?  Can it be isolated to any background tab that is opened?

I do have these added to my HOSTS file, maybe this is why I don't get any of these inbound (generally speaking, I didn't think an inbound was possible until AFTER you sent something outbound, I could be mistaken) --

# 360Chrome
0.0.0.0 browser.360.cn
0.0.0.0 cloud.browser.360.cn
0.0.0.0 dd.browser.360.cn
0.0.0.0 qurl.f.360.cn
0.0.0.0 chrome.360.cn
0.0.0.0 ext.chrome.360.cn
0.0.0.0 u.qurl.f.360.cn
0.0.0.0 puv.tt.browser.360.cn
0.0.0.0 p.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p0.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p1.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p2.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p3.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p4.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p5.ssl.qhimg.com
0.0.0.0 p.ssl.qhmsg.com
0.0.0.0 p0.ssl.qhmsg.com
0.0.0.0 p1.ssl.qhmsg.com
0.0.0.0 p2.ssl.qhmsg.com
0.0.0.0 p3.ssl.qhmsg.com
0.0.0.0 p4.ssl.qhmsg.com
0.0.0.0 p5.ssl.qhmsg.com

11 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Page 1, of course. Very heavy.

I don't use NoScript, but in uBlock block 3rd party scripts and frames only, it's sufficient for me.

Agreed.  From clean cache, Page 1 took 9.08 seconds to load and only 2.5 MB transferred via 106 requests.

Reloaded Page 1 without clearing the cache and it took 10.59 seconds to load, still showed same 2.5 MB transferred but now with 81 requests.

Mypal 27.9.4 loaded it in 3.87 seconds and only 36 requests and 1.8 MB transferred.

43 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Now, I see in CrowdInspect (it's portable so you could download it and see you too):

360Chrome.exe has two processes (among its many other running processes) that use DNS of yandex.ru and another of front.kp.yandex.net

Running CrowdInspect right now.  Cool program!  Thanks.

Only have it showing UDP and had it and 360Chrome v12 r 8 ungoogled running for roughly 15 minutes or so.

Browsed to several sites while watching traffic, not seeing any UDP traffic, none, naughta, zilch.

Maybe this is an ungoogled versus regular version difference?  I personally only use the ungoogled version.

I do have a "lsass.exe" showing two instances of listening on UDP on port 4500 and port 500 for All IPv4 but these are being shown without 360Chrome even open.

"lsass.exe" also shows a listening on TCP on port 1025 for All IPv4 but again even with 360Chrome closed.

A quick Google shows these as normal but I didn't spend a lot of time researching it as I was looking for 360Chrome connections, not OS connections.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Now, I see in CrowdInspect :

Hello , actually no wonders ! Could you tell whose version is this ? From which member ? 

It's gotta be mine, I'm the only public release that uses the "loader".

But I haven't been able to duplicate the claimed DNS connection.

Maybe you ( @Dixel ) could be of better assistance and see if you see this claimed DNS connection also?

I am not seeing this in yours, mine, or Humming Owl's when I use the "loader" with all three of them.

disable Window's built-in DNS Client service, not sure if other services should also be disabled.

I have not been able to duplicate the claimed DNS connection.  Been trying to for about two hours now.

It's gotta be mine, I'm the only public release that uses the "loader".

But I haven't been able to duplicate the claimed DNS connection.

Maybe you ( @Dixel ) could be of better assistance and see if you see this claimed DNS connection also?

I am not seeing this in yours, mine, or Humming Owl's when I use the "loader" with all three of them.

disable Window's built-in DNS Client service, not sure if other services should also be disabled.

I have not been able to duplicate the claimed DNS connection.  Been trying to for about two hours now.

I would gladly help you and the others , but I don't see any connections like these in my version , that I made from scratch . Where did you see I said so ? 

I meant, it's no wonder that something that came from russians connects to KGB servers . I'm trying to be helpful and friendly , but it just seems so strange why would you not entirely believe the others (at least two) members from France , who are reporting weird traffic and Yandex connections . Perhaps it's checking which country they are in and connects accordingly ! I think it's no coinsidence that both of them are from France !!!  Again , it's just seems to me , due to some of your replies ,where you kinda bothered by any of the members saying something which is not in favour of the russians and it seems to be kinda overprotective . Just sayin' , No offence.