Windows XP: i need some updates

Joaquim

• 1 month later...

Hello my friend, I hope you are well

First, open up Notepad by pressing Windows Key + R to open Run and type notepad to get a new Notepad window. Paste the following text:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

Save the file with CTRL + S — name it whatever you like, but be sure that it ends in .reg to make it a Registry file. Double-click the new file and confirm adding it to the Registry.

Now, you can restart the computer to re-enable automatic updates, or open the Start Menu and choose All Programs > Windows Update to check for updates on the web manually. You should find new updates waiting for you, despite XP not receiving any updates since 2014.

It is also recommended to watch this video about (Automatic Updates for Windows XP in 2021)

Unfortunately the POSReady '09 trick doesn't work anymore because Micro$oft has shut down the Windows Update pages that XP connected to.

Your best bet is probably this: https://github.com/deeemen/wsusproxy. It's a "man-in-the-middle" proxy (like the popular ProxHTTPSProxyII) with additional functionality to rewrite XP's Windows Update requests so they go to a still-functioning Microsoft server.

Of course, even that will only work if the updates are still on Micro$oft's server.

On 9/19/2021 at 5:35 PM, Joaquim said:

2 - how can i open browser pages? do i need more 1 patch\update?

You're gonna need a new Web browser. Try

... or

Is there any way of getting Windows XP updates after SP3 till April 2014? Not interested in POSReady or SP4 -- Just till April 2014.

An attempt to re-install Win XP - Home 32 Bit is the plan.  Ready to download manually from Windows Update Catalog if the update list is available.

Its late for the effort but ready to go for it.  Just need a lead. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

sorry, i was lost for a while.

SP4 is great, but i need more:
1 - what sound emulation, for DOS, i can use?
2 - some XP are english.. so how can i can canvert them to Portuguese or other language?
3 - MyPal is a great browser. and OutPostFree is great for Firewall.
4 - but is good for antivirus?
5 - Driver Booster is great for get drivers, no need serial or crack only for get drivers.