StartIsBack(TBD) for Windows 11 beta testing

Tihiy

Downloaded a Windows 11 ISO Just to test this! I have one question, when the system tray arrow is pressed, is it supposed to display the one from windows 7/8? Cause it displays the regular system tray/notification area. But StartisBack works great on the recent build! Honestly makes me consider upgrading to Windows 11 more, but since GUI themes aren't supported that well, ill stay on windows 10 for that. Which leads me to my next question, are you gonna back port the Windows 7 explorer option to Windows 10? I know OldNewExplorer is also your program too, but it doesn't include the classic search function.

Thank you very much for the release, I'm super stoked for this development! :D One feature-request I have: Can we please have an option to keep the Start Button aligned center?

And an option to completely hide the tray-area when in Segmented Mode would be cool too so we can have a dock-like experience.

Edited by SkyySX

Working perfect on my end, i lliked the old right click feature available again.. i was wondering since we have explorer options now, can we also have options in oldnewexplorer suchs as hiding library folders etc on this pc? if not np i'm totally ok to install old new explorer too...

5 hours ago, SkyySX said:

Thank you very much for the release, I'm super stoked for this development!  One feature-request I have: Can we please have an option to keep the Start Button aligned center?

And an option to completely hide the tray-area when in Segmented Mode would be cool too so we can have a dock-like experience.

if we are going to have alignment options, maybe we can have taskbar alignment options too. to the right left top or hide completely etc

but its perfect as it is thank you very much for not stopping support. i was wondering if you were coming back since no new comments on forum from you... thanks again

Edited by ege914

I just installed this on a Windows 11 VM and have some feedback (mixed with some requests):

• There's no option to show folders before shortcuts in the Start Menu - as someone who uses the Windows XP style context menu for all programs, this would be appreciated.
  • I'm assuming the previous advanced options to disable pre-launching of "SearchUI" and "ShellExperienceHost" are being enabled by default? This new version lacks the toggle for them, but from a look at the Task Manager the options seem to be enabled.
  • Would it be possible to remove the "Windows Terminal" option on the Win+X Context Menu and restore the classic Powershell/Command Prompt options?
  • The Explorer tweaks are phenomenal, but will you integrate the rest of the functionality OldNewExplorer had? I always used a mix of Windows 10's Explorer with some elements of Windows 7's, and the current beta doesn't have fine tuned control over these aspects (I'll attach a picture of my current Explorer setup).
  • Maybe this one is a bit of an overstretch, but since there's the ability to replace all of the context menus, would it be possible to have an option to use the classic style of context menus? Similar to the ones you'd get with the "ImmersiveContextMenu" registry tweak up until v1809

My last bit of feedback would probably be the name, considering the current scope of the project, something like "ExplorerIsBack" would be more fitting.

Other than that, this will probably be THE piece of software that will make me use Windows 11 (otherwise I'd seriously consider the penguin varieties) :thumbup

VjlRcle.png

Edited by greenhillmaniac

This is MUCH appreciated. Been dual booting 10/11 on laptop for testing. With this release, I will probably dual boot on main PC. For the most part, working very well. Sometimes settings do not stick (Windows 11 theme) and have to readjust the sliding bars. Also, Windows 11 theme does not go all the way to the left, but that might be something I'm missing in settings. Will continue to play around with it. Kudos and cheers :thumbup