StartIsBack(TBD) for Windows 11 beta testing

Tihiy

If I make taskbar black and blur and adjust so I can see though it the text of FlyOuts is hard to see as black, I know there was setting before to make it white for this and hope it will be added back in as this is good for the first build.

Would also like the buttons all together be it middle or not.

maybe u could add a feature to cleanup the explorer's bloat, making it more snappy

each new windows explorer is getting slower and slower

due to all the new handles threads files connecting to it

sib is doing great job denying process from starting and tweaking the OS

and overall much snappier then any other start menu

works perfectly for me - if it gets no better which i am sure it will its all i need

reducing the taskbar icons to small is better that the reg hack as it reduces the taskbar and keeps all the icons on the right side in line unlike the reg hack - the only problem i have is that it removes the date - the time is still there - that may be me as i have been messing to try and get the date and time on the same line with no success 

EDIT - i use TClock - find it you are not aware of it - its well documented that this has stopped working with Windows 11 - after installing Startisback it now works perfectly - thats a big plus for me and solves all the clock/date problems i refer to above

Edited by adacom

Bug report (Preview 1)
Media buttons from window preview freezes (getting stuck) when hovering preview of other windows, but only in Default style (Windows 11), there are no such problem in Plain8 and Windows 7 styles. 
Video

Edited by ruvlad

Take back what i said previously, it does not work fully in new dev build, I have lost the New Context menu (it was added to the Recycle Bin in todays build so may be the reason).

I tried all sorts, including check boxes, reboot then uncheck the same boxes reboot and finally installed SiB again.

any chance the taskbar and context menu style setting is coming back in the new version to get white icons i need to set a dark theme which then means the background is black 

i may be missing something in 11's settings but i cannot see a way to change that SiB does it perfectly in 10

start.png

5 hours ago, rseiler said:

Does this allow for having the taskbar on the left or right (vertically)?

Yes it does. It also works at the top of the screen.

At the moment it does not appear to have a option to center the start menu like the default windows 11.