So... This will kill chrome compatibility with 7 and 8?

Jaguarek62

8 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

I've heard about this technology: https://web.dev/gpu/ and it seems to be only available to windows 10 only.

well good thing is there is no fast cryptomining exploit baked into browsers on Windows 7 and 8 or even worse ways compromise system. What next? WebHDD that allows transfer files directly to hdd or wipe it like activeX could. Webbrowser insanity started since 1997 had not stopped. Web browsers are not meant to this

8 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Do you think that this is the final nail in the coffin?

Well to answer original question google said in begin of 2020 that they will support atleast for one year on windows 7 so it is possible to kill it. Wonder if someday I wont be able access webpages since Chromium only technology, sites needing webgpu and webassembly enabled and others since refuse use them

• 2 weeks later...

what a stupidity
just shows how people have nothing smart to make, so lets make s*** that will enable people to play games via browser

i mean really... is this the function of web browser ???? to play games ???
to render 3D world(s) ????

6 hours ago, vinifera said:

i mean really... is this the function of web browser ???? to play games ???
to render 3D world(s) ????

well there is Opera GX gaming browser which purpose I still wont understand:w00t:. That will make opera king of browsers :thumbup,

Well all sarcasm aside, browsers will make poor client application platform and supporting will be hell. If want good example look at Infective X I mean Active x sites that are still used on many intranets and getting rid Internet Exploiter I mean Explorer fully is hard since those sites are still used to do stuff and nobody wants to upgrade. And Infective X I mean Active X created support hell. Webgpu gives direct access to gpu and I wonder all security issues of it implementation and if it becomes obsolete some point

On 9/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, UCyborg said:

If you haven't been enthusiastic about WebGL, you won't miss WebGPU.

The next stage/phase of chromium development is web.brain , to track down and eliminate survivours after the global takeover .