Thinkpad T60 drivers

OldSchool38

I got curious recently about trying a Win98SE install after I got my hands on an installation disk.  I have an old T60 thinkpad (2007 series with ati video) and I was able to successfully install Win98 on it.  However I'm having trouble finding any win98 drivers, it seems 2000 pro is the earliest available.  Does anyone know of any drivers that are available for this laptop?

This ThinkPad is too new for 98SE, forget about it.

The newest ThinkPads compatible with 98SE are the T42/T42p/R51, and similar ones with Intel 855 chipset. Basically most ThinkPads first released in 2004 or earlier, not after.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, MrMateczko said:

This ThinkPad is too new for 98SE, forget about it.

The newest ThinkPads compatible with 98SE are the T42/T42p/R51, and similar ones with Intel 855 chipset. Basically most ThinkPads first released in 2004 or earlier, not after.

For anyone planning to use a Thinkpad T41/T42 for Windows 98, the non-P versions are much easier to set up - IBM actually provided a full set of 98 compatible drivers for the T41/T42, but only provides Windows 2000/XP drivers for the T41P/T42P.

As an owner of a T42p that uses 98SE on it, you can use Windows 98SE T42 drivers on a T42p with no issues at all.
The only driver that is missing for full 98SE compatibility is the fingerprint reader. 

Everything else is supported, including the FireGL graphics card, despite what IBM might tell you otherwise :)

But yes, for 99% of users, T42 is a better choice for 98SE than T42p, mostly because it's more common and therefore cheaper.