Does anyone know a way to remove the popup and watermark without donating?

Hi, I'm a new user of Glass8 (Aero Glass utility) and when I installed it, I saw an annoying watermark and I wanted to remove it but I don't want to donate. Is there a way to remove the watermark and popups without donating?

I tried by creating a document called donation.key (custom filename extension) and putted it in the AeroGlass folder, but it doesn't remove the watermark. Is there a way to get rid of the watermark and popup without "donating"?

Or at least, could anyone tell me the format of what's stored in the donation.key file?

Thank you :)

This sub-forum is led by the creator of the program in question. I have severe doubts that they will post the details on how to disable the watermark, especially since the pinned FAQ specifically states that the only way to remove the watermark is to donate.

4 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

This sub-forum is led by the creator of the program in question. I have severe doubts that they will post the details on how to disable the watermark, especially since the pinned FAQ specifically states that the only way to remove the watermark is to donate.

Okay, I'm just gonna donate, thanks for answering!

Now that we have the license text: https://glass8.eu/out/license2.txt

We can say that people are not allowed to modify the program. Now, this post was reported for a rule violation but it wasn't clear. It would have been a 1.d violation but the license text wasn't available at the time. So let this be a warning that asking for how to modify this program to remove the watermark without donating is against the forum rules and whoever can get a warning or ban for asking about it.

15 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Now that we have the license text: https://glass8.eu/out/license2.txt

We can say that people are not allowed to modify the program. Now, this post was reported for a rule violation but it wasn't clear. It would have been a 1.d violation but the license text wasn't available at the time. So let this be a warning that asking for how to modify this program to remove the watermark without donating is against the forum rules and whoever can get a warning or ban for asking about it.

okay sorry ill donate if i want to get rid of watermarks and popups

On 8/10/2021 at 6:35 AM, DonationsSux said:

okay sorry ill donate if i want to get rid of watermarks and popups

lol, don't do that.  The software is now long out of date.  Unless your running a 2 year old version of win10 it's deadware :(

7 hours ago, Zod said:

The software is now long out of date.

Is there a statute of limitations when it comes to software license agreements?

For example, patents EXPIRE  --  do license agreements?

I'll submit that they "should"  --  once something becomes 'deadware' then the license agreement should be null-and-void.

Or are license agreements some form of "legalease" (I made up that word, I've heard it but not sure how to spell it) so that the developer's great-great-great-great grandchild can sue for infringement some 50 years later ???

This article  --  https://newtech.law/en/is-a-licence-really-forever/  --  seems to suggest that a license agreement expires after 5 years.

The article refers to Article 67 of the Act on Copyright and Neighboring Rights of 4 February 1994.

And further down the article cites Article 68 whereby, if I understand it, anybody-and-everybody can invoke the law on "deadware" and terminate any-and-all license agreements on a one-year notice.

So, if I understand it, we basically give the software developer of "deadware" ONE YEAR to confirm if the software is in fact "dead".

If after ONE YEAR, the developer never steps forward, then the license agreement is null-and-void and is EXPIRED.

Kinda of an interesting question - if this is in fact "deadware", then the user that wants to remove that watermark may have a legal path to do so.

I should add  --  and the developer has a legal path to prevent the license from "expiring".

I'm no lawyer, and I'm sure that laws of the developer's country comes into play, obviously.

But I think this is a very interesting question  --  do software license agreements last "forever" ???

haha, sorry, I have no idea of the legalities of when you can officially call something deadware.  The purpose of my post was to caution the poster not to pay for the license because the software doesn't work on new versions of Windows 10 and it's been a few years since it did.

The guy that started the thread has Windows 8.1 x64 listed as his OS.

Just as I have my own reasons for running XP, I have no doubt that he has his reasons for running 8.1.

So whether or not it runs on 10 or not kinda seems to be a footnote.

I have no dog in the fight, I personally disable Aero on my OS's that have it and don't use "Aero Glass".

Looks like the software belongs to @bigmuscle and s/he hasn't posted anything on the forum since July 31, 2020.

Kinda brings up a curiousity question as I posted the "at-username"  --  @bigmuscleisacrybaby shows up when you type @bigmuscle but @bigmuscleisacrybaby is BANNED when you view his profile.

It was a curiosity thing - to see those two names you kind of have to go to the profile to see "why" he chose that username  --  only ONE post and it BANNED him.

I wasn't a daily visitor on March 26, 2020 when that ONE post was posted so it looks like I missed an interesting day, lol.

Like I say, no dog in the fight  --  only the newfound curiosity on whether a software license agreement EXPIRES or not  :dubbio:  :dubbio:  :dubbio:

Edited by ArcticFoxie

8 hours ago, adacom said:

would be interesting to know if the OP does donate and what happens to that donation and further is a licence then given!

The system is automated so after money is sent, it should generate the account on glass8.eu and send a thankful e-mail with a password to login to the site where a donation.key file can be generated. Subsequent donations send a thankful e-mail (without a password since account already exists) and increase the number of donation.key files that can be generated based on machine ID.