Steam and Steam Game Compatibility Thread

beansmuggler

• 5 months later...

On 2/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, TrevMUN said:

Earlier this month I was able to get my version of Steam (Steam API: v017, build June 7 2017) to download updates from the Steam servers again! I edited my initial post to explain what it was I did (or what I think I did) which fixed the issue.

Is this still looking good! Did a fresh reinstall recently and I'm assuming the best method for install/maintenance may have changed again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 7:54 PM, Ten2O said:

https://steamdb.info/blog/manifest-request-codes/

This has broken downloads. I don't see any way you can get around it. Downloads are dead for good now, as nobody talented enough to attempt to fix them even knows this is a problem.

I tried to fix the downloads for so long but to no avail. It is possible to transfer your games but most of them time they say update queued and get stuck. Anyway yeah steam is pretty dead for XP, GOG seem to be the way to go.

Edited by Tripredacus

Gonna get XP running on a i7-4790k with a HD7950, will be sure to test a good amount of games.

Also just to add something to think about here, I guarantee you there's a good amount of games that technically are compatible with XP (Sims 3, Sims 4, Battlefield Bad Company, Spore) but their DRM isn't.

Edited by Tripredacus