Covid Digital Green Pass

https://www.lifeinitaly.com/news/digital-green-pass-in-italy-and-how-to-get-it/

Last Saturday, I finally completed my Covid-19 vaccine cycle with the Moderna vaccine.
And on Monday I got my digital Green Pass which is valid for 9 months.

How is the situation in your countries? 

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

In the US there are plans to create that type of software, and some States have made it already but there is nothing from the top side of the government. So currently any such plans are at the discretion of the individual states. And as should be expected with any government software initiative, the programs themselves are wildly insecure and do not work for a lot of people. A complaint I often see for the app for my state is that people registered for it and then the app can't ID/find them or login or whatever which makes it useless for them.

Currently, while these apps do exist, I am not aware of anywhere that actually requires them. Some places will accept them but no situations where you must have the app.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:57 AM, Sampei.Nihira said:

People are tired of this , we now have a joke (quite popular , esp. in the rural areas) . I shan't (can't) tell it , but it's key word is "televirus". It's like when the most of us wouldn't even know about it's existence , if not for the TV/Internet. People are starting to realize this is about control (tracking soft, for example) and not about the "virus" per-se. We don't have extreme measures , but when our folks watch TV , they start to ask questions like " if this virus is so lethal , where are the piles of corpses to justify the extreme measures in the other countries ?" ? Like in the films , you know . 

Back here , we are very well prepared to meet any threat .  When this all started , some locals were wearing gas-masks , lol. We have marvellous Dutch , Belgian and German NATO gas masks for cheap . The British/US ones are for free , but no one needs/likes them . In the rural areas , we still have huge and strong young men who (how to put this polite) , let's say the ones you don't wanna drive mad or even get angry .  I'm sure most of you know , our country is famous for it's extremely beatiful Gothic architecture ,  beautiful women (Doutzen Kroes) , wide range of superior goods , technological advancements and ..... the deadliest mercenaries , lol . Also , we are only "advised" , not "required" and definitely not "forced" to use vaccines or any type of software, not like some other countries. 

P.S.

I personally do not know anyone who was sick with it .

41 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

This topic can remain open only as long as the software (or type of software) mentioned by OP is what is being discussed.

You can close it.

The Italian green pass is basically a piece of paper with a QR code that you can either print or have stored on your smartphone (if any), you can get it via a couple different apps or by accessing (with particular electronic credentials) a couple of sites, for the electronically/technically handicapped, you can get a paper print (maybe) from your doctor or  from some "services to the citizens" spots, including - possibly some pharmacy/chemists and associations of voluntary assistance.

This is a facsimile:

OIP._5vJINb4nwu4e0gmuMCkUQG9KR?pid=ImgDe

jaclaz

Well it is good to know that clarification. What I specifically meant by my statement is that any discussion relating to the politics of the situation should not be discussed here. I do not know how it is in other countries but the entire topic is split by political ideologies in the US. I think that we should not forbid everything relating to Covid or the pandemic and that discussions relating to the technology programs (such as what you can run or put on your phone) is perfectly fine to be discussed here.

Relative to this topic, I can share an anecdotal story in which a person on another forum I am on lives in Shanghai, and has had to use a similar thing there in Spring of 2020. Where he would have to show a QR code on his phone to the soldiers at the military checkpoints if he wanted to leave his neighborhood to go to a store or whatever.

Good.

This green pass is actually EU, the site is:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

in theory the situation should be the same in all EU (all countries are green), the pass is similar, it is always national language + English.

By clicking on the countries on the map you can get to each country official national site.

In Italy those that need to verify the pass (airport security, police, etc.) do have to use an app :w00t:, called VerificaC19:

https://www.dgc.gov.it/web/app.html

each one of the states  has - I believe - their own app with various degrees of amount of data showed to the operator (due to privacy laws or better their interpretation in the various countries).

jaclaz

Read today that UK uses a social distancing app that will inform people if they come in contact with a person or location where a positive result is reported, and inform them that they must isolate. The unintended consequence of how the app works seems to be that it is picking up phones (people) through walls, say in apartments or if you are driving the app may pick up a person on the sidewalk or in a building along the road.

This article doesn't mention those examples (they come from people on twitter who say to just delete the app) but talks about how NHS isn't going to change the sensitivity of the software:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-no-plans-to-change-sensitivity-of-nhs-contact-tracing-app-after-half-a-million-people-pinged-in-a-week-12357177

On 7/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Tripredacus said:

...Currently, while these apps do exist, I am not aware of anywhere that actually requires them. Some places will accept them but no situations where you must have the app.

In my state, they haven't required them as not everyone has a smart device (unless the govt buys me one). I do not have (and don't want) a device to carry around other than my old flip phone. I have a stamped card, but nobody has ever asked to see it.

<ot>

I also don't carry any form of ID when I do go out in public (which isn't often) for that matter ... yeah, I know :ph34r:

Edited by XPerceniol

On 7/15/2021 at 7:53 PM, Tripredacus said:

This topic can remain open only as long as the software (or type of software) mentioned by OP is what is being discussed.

So expressing discontentment with forced vaccinations is also forbidden? I see the censorship has already hit this thread. Freedom of speech is being restricted wherever you look, and that's a BIG, very BIG issue at large.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:57 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

There are too many "anti-vaxers" in Russia that don't trust any vaccine exist on the market.
At the same time, our government thinks about allowing tourists vaccinated by other than Sputnik-V (aka Gam-COVID-Vac) to pass Russia's borders. I'm waiting for Friday to complete my vaccine cycle. I planned to vaccinate with a single-component Sputnik Lite vaccine, but it was not available to use in early July (and has less efficiency), so I went for dual-component Sputnik V.

Is the information entirely encoded on the EU certificate itself because the barcode area is so large, or just a serial number for searching in a database as it is with various smartcards?

Well, politics, medical advice and personal difficulties are off-topic on a technology forum. Such debates could quickly overwhelm the forum, make it look "unprofessional" and cause division among members.

This is a general discussion subforum though. People and their holy right to travel...the virus didn't fly all over the world by itself, people spread it.

In recent news, a bunch of infected (possibly delta strain) students returned from graduation trip to Spain. Was that necessary?!

2 hours ago, j7n said:

division among members

You don't even need the rules that are currently in place restricting certain topics to have division, just having Windows among the topics is enough.:buehehe:

I don't think discussing stupidity that spread the virus all over the world is strictly on the blacklist according to the rules.

5 hours ago, j7n said:

Is the information entirely encoded on the EU certificate itself because the barcode area is so large, or just a serial number for searching in a database as it is with various smartcards?

Well, politics, medical advice and personal difficulties are off-topic on a technology forum. Such debates could quickly overwhelm the forum, make it look "unprofessional" and cause division among members.

Here you are.

https://gir.st/blog/greenpass.html

It contains a number of (partly personal/sensible) data.

I would not be preoccupied by the privacy aspect, there is nothing seemingly more than the barely needed info, but name, surname and date of birth are exposed (like on *any* other piece of ID), I would not share an image of a real one like I wouldn't post an image of my driving licence.

jaclaz

The Covid EU Digital Green Pass NOT in paper format (the one Jaclaz posted) in my opinion is also more respectful of your privacy.

It can be shown to the operator without any paranoia.
The check is based on 3 parameters.
If the certification is valid,first and last name and date of birth.
And of course you need an identity document to confirm the data.
The operator can also not make any saving of the screen.
I forced a screen through a photo:

certificato.jpg

Edited by Sampei.Nihira