360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

For my page speed tests, I don't need Page Speed Monitor anymore, because I'm starting to take speed measurements again thanks to Raymond Hill, and his beatiful page: http://raymondhill.net/ublock/tiles1.html

(deny in uBlock: prism-break.org and forums.somethingawful.com ...)

So I've "Page loaded in ... ms" window at the bottom.

My max results in my 360Chrome 12 and 13 builds after some restarts of this tiles1 page (with 7 must-have extensions running + memory optimization + cache cleaning): between 492 and 608 ms (average 650 to 750 ms).

- in all these builds get red generic cosmetic filtering: <div> not removed , cause I've unnotched "Parse and enforce cosmetic filters" in uBlock.

6 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

Try a plain HTTP site.

Even trying to load http://antutu.com/html5/ throws an "Establishing secure connection..." in the status bar and times out without connecting.

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

...IE 8...

- also look at IE8 settings...

I didn't install IE8 - will do that next.

I have this problem in 360Chrome 12 and 13 builds (but works good in 12 1592 M only):

https://search.norton.com/ - it acts as not doing the search - search results page disappears instantly because of my Popup Blocker (Lite) extension, which closes it, displaying the popup: "popup is closed! ...Tab URL: about:blank" - so it doesn't know that it closed my search results page...
Result: I still have my blank search page...  

Google, Swisscows and other search engines work without problems.

Link for this Popup Blocker (Lite) extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/popup-blocker-lite/flkpkonhokophabdnmggfbdlbdknebel?hl=en-US
(- no possibility in Options to add any website in "List of all whitelisted domains")

-----------

The other problem: in Settings/Advanced: the possibility "Join user experience plan to help us improve our products" checks itself, it seems, in different builds...

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Already verfified that.

I've tried XP x86 SP2 with default IE6  --  360Chrome will not connect.

I've tried XP x86 SP2 with IE8 updates  --  360Chrome will not connect.

...or reboot your modem?..

Maybe look here: https://superuser.com/questions/805548/chrome-cant-connect-to-internet-but-other-browsers-can

Edited by msfntor

42 minutes ago, msfntor said:

The other problem: in Settings/Advanced: the possibility "Join user experience plan to help us improve our products" checks itself, it seems, in different builds...

I have observed this also.

But I also haven't been able to PROVE that the checkbox actually DOES anything.

We have broken all IP Addresses and Telemetry that we have been able to find so the "checkbox" might say "enabled" but if you watch your DNS and TCP traffic and also your cache and cookies, it's not actually DOING anything.

22 minutes ago, kwisomialbert said:

ArcticFoxie last v11 stucks at "Checking your browser before accessing ..."

Humming Owl v11 opens after few seconds

That is a side effect to faking a User Agent.

Open the 360Loader.ini file and remove the --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36" (include the space before the first dash) at the end of the Parameters line.

Save the file then close and restart 360Chrome.

But now your YouTube will max out at 1080p max resolution so you have to decide which is more important to you.

50 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

That is a side effect to faking a User Agent.

Open the 360Loader.ini file and remove the --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36" (include the space before the first dash) at the end of the Parameters line.

Save the file then close and restart 360Chrome.

But now your YouTube will max out at 1080p max resolution so you have to decide which is more important to you.

Thanks ..it works

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

Will try the suggestions discussed in that link over the weekend or so.

Found a Google "feature" that has been present since Chrome 69 buried in 360Chrome v11, v12, and v13 that I have fixed in v12 and need to port the fixes and a few cosmetic changes since last upload all to v11 and v13.

Once I upload newest v11, v12, and v13 rebuilds, I can then focus a little more on XP x86 SP2.

I admit that I am quite interested in comparing my own builds to Humming Owl's builds in XP x86 SP2 - I'm not trying to "compete", just always trying to "improve".

360Chrome latest 12 1247 r 5 and 13 2206 r 4 from @ArcticFoxie and 13 2250 M from Humming Owl:

After creating each new tab, have popup from Popup Blocker (Lite):

"Popup is NOT closed! reason: tab URL is not valid"

If click Property (of page), I see Address: chrome://newtab/ - that I've in Settings/Basics: under notched: "Open a specific page or set of pages:" - and this same popup if I change Address here to about:blank ...

Does NOT have this problem in 12 1592 M from Humming Owl.

I've always this same page "Just a moment..." on armaanpc.com after deleting faked User Agent (with the space..) in 360Loader.ini in build 12 1247 r 5 ...and this same popups, many of these popups from Canvas Blocker: "Possible attempt to fingerprint from "Just a moment..." is blocked." Infinite popups, never seen! And no page content of armaanpc... I've restarted the browser to get rid of these countless popups.

Canvas Blocker extension link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/canvas-blocker-fingerprin/nomnklagbgmgghhjidfhnoelnjfndfpd?hl=en-US