360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

7 hours ago, cmccaff1 said:

when NHTPG @NotHereToPlayGames rebased his 360v13.5 build, the speed became competitive with old and fast 9.5/11/12!

I don't get the hype around the v11 or whatever older version.

I never felt them any faster and they didn't work smooth enough with modern sites such as facebook or reddit or twitter.

I have recently noticed some sites don't load correctly with the v11 anymore so I guess the v13.5 is not far from its EOL within the next two coming years. :(

Edited by Milkinis

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

I never felt them any faster and they didn't work smooth enough with modern sites such as facebook or reddit or twitter.

I have recently noticed some sites don't load correctly with the v11 anymore so I guess the v13.5 is not far from its EOL within the next two coming years. :(

I found the older version was work faster,but some website wasn't work well,so I always used 360EE V11, 3 days ago I found the Google Drive didn't surport 360EE V13...

On 3/26/2023 at 3:07 AM, Milkinis said:

are you the only person who made up this modified DC browser ?

AFAIK yes. The modifications are not a big deal, just take a look at this --> https://ia802303.us.archive.org/28/items/360EE_Modified_Version/DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified_Notes.txt

11 hours ago, cmccaff1 said:

Just wanted to say thank you for continuing to maintain these browsers to this day! I will have to try them now and see how they are doing on performance...it's amazing how much speed you can gain by rebasing the DLLs. 360v13.x used to run well, albeit a bit slow with a lot of tabs open...when NHTPG rebased his 360v13.5 build, the speed became competitive with old and fast 9.5/11/12!
The same principle applied to those older browsers, and to DCB and MiniBrowser, should mean significant performance gains for web browsing. It's truly fantastic because unlocking the extra speed is beneficial across the board, not just for those on Ivy Bridge and Haswell-era processors but those who are still using very old Pentium 4 or Athlon 64-based machines.

For my part, I still use my old HP S5-1020, which I've even run 2000 on years ago (with full driver support) and have gone up to 10 with. 10 actually doesn't run too bad if you strip away the bloat and tweak it sufficiently, but XP is much faster. The performance can give the latest PCs running 11 a run for their money, and that's with an old HDD! If I ever put an SSD in it, forget it...it's game over.
While it's possible to run newer OSes, having done a lot of testing recently (and over the years) I can say for sure that older PCs really thrive with XP and have their ups and downs with Vista and later. Being able to use modern web browsers in XP, and have a sense of assurance that they will not only run but run with good speed, is a truly amazing thing.

Thanks again for doing what you do, H.O.!

Your welcome. I use XP on a 2003 laptop (Dell Inspiron 600m iirc) and it is very slow unfortunately. Rebasing did improve memory usage so I just decided to go for it. Hope you can make good use of the browsers!

5 minutes ago, hidao said:

I believe you can just use a user-agent switcher extension and you will be fine. That's just a little notification Google does to scare you to be honest (at least for now).

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

I believe you can just use a user-agent switcher extension and you will be fine. That's just a little notification Google does to scare you to be honest (at least for now).

It's difficult to find working user agent extension on web store, I use very good Random User-Agent (Switcher)https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/random-user-agent-switche/einpaelgookohagofgnnkcfjbkkgepnp?hl=en-US

2 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

AFAIK yes. The modifications are not a big deal, just take a look at this --> https://ia802303.us.archive.org/28/items/360EE_Modified_Version/DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified_Notes.txt

why DC and not other similar looking browsers ? maybe you didn't know them all and it was the only one you found out back in the day :dubbio:

Snap-Crab-No-Name-2021-10-30-23-23-33-No

35 minutes ago, msfntor said:

It's difficult to find working user agent extension on web store, I use very good Random User-Agent (Switcher)https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/random-user-agent-switche/einpaelgookohagofgnnkcfjbkkgepnp?hl=en-US

I make some serch,so I found the way how to change the useragent in 360EE,now I show you:

1.Click F12 or Click "Option">"Tools">"Devloper Tools"

2.Click "Customize and control DevTools">"More Tools">"Network Conditions"

3.Cancel the selection of the "Select aautomatically"

4.Enter the useragent as you want into the input box

hidao.org_2023-3-28_4-9-32.thumb.png.e84dbba3a3901fa807eccd2dc8428361.png

Now the problem is which useragent to input is right

22 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

why DC and not other similar looking browsers ? maybe you didn't know them all and it was the only one you found out back in the day :dubbio:

Snap-Crab-No-Name-2021-10-30-23-23-33-No

I think may be the reason is these browser didn't surport XP

And you can install a chinese font like SourceHanSansCN, so you can see the chinese font

Edited by hidao

2 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

so far the v13.5 works as expected without any agent switcher. I personally would not recommend this agent switcher which caused me too much trouble.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184266-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1351030-rebuild-7/page/24/#comment-1240261

12 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

so far the v13.5 works as expected without any agent switcher. I personally would not recommend this agent switcher which caused me too much trouble.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/184266-arcticfoxienotheretoplaygames-360chrome-v1351030-rebuild-7/page/24/#comment-1240261

I saw the newest version is 13.0.2310,where is the 13.5?

Just now, hidao said:

I think may be the reason is these browser didn't surport XP

they all support XP and are based on chrome 75.

of course the latest releases don't support XP anymore.

as you can see in parenthesis it's the number of trojans flagged by Virus Total

7 hours ago, Milkinis said:

Technically, v11 is faster.  It launches faster, it scores faster, and it passes more checks at BrowserAudit.

BUT it's too old for me to use because my banking sites will not function on v11.

What I don't understand is the hype surrounding DcBrowser and MiniBrowser, I've never liked either one but web browsers are always always always "in the eye of the beholder".

image.thumb.png.a743e05820752f818afa9b4e5f8edba5.png

3 hours ago, hidao said:

I don't see anything!

If the web site loads and functions, then who cares if it throws up some "banner" saying they don't "support" your browser.

Those "banners" citing "support" despite the web site "working" is about as usefull as the web site owner plastering a banner on what sports team s/he "supports".