360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

@msfntor Thanks for your replies and provided links therein ;) ; 90% of the info is known to me, another 5% had by now faded in memory :blushing: ...

However, and perhaps my wording was a bit off ;) , what do the Chase.com IT staff expect from one of their web-banking customers? Should one use a completely fresh browser profile, devoid of any browser extension, when logging into this bank? Of course they can, probably, tell when extensions are installed in the customer's browser (which should be true in most instances), but do they outright forbid access when they detect "third party" extensions? And what do they mean by "third party" as opposed to "first party" ones (and which "first party" ones they do support, and what does that really mean)? Hence my original question:

6 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... And what exactly does this mean. even? :angry: :dubbio:

Edited by VistaLover

12 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

To be honest I am still hoping someone will be able to compile newer Chromium or Firefox versions on XP that don't require such "dirty" methods to make it relatively safe/useful for people (ie. patching hex strings so connections to china.cn aren't made :}). I would prefer lower versions as the ones in which 360EE is based as the most recent ones consume a lot of resources on older computers that need to run XP because they can't run anything higher. For example, I would be happy with a Chromium 69 version with no certificate issues with its code on github or an equivalent platform (similar to what Feodor is doing).

I can't run 360EE v13 on my laptop (Chromium 86) so if there is some other chinese chromium based browser with a higher version than Chromium 86 I would only be able to run it under another "newer" computer with Win7, which is quite weird because the whole point is to be able to use it under XP.

Sorry that the reply does not have to do much with the comment quoted :P.

360EE 13.0 running good in my laptop, but I always used 11.0,because is more faster

hidao.org_2023-3-21_11-2-17.thumb.png.c3537ad0c72ae8f45892bd5f0b745ca8.png

13 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... And what exactly does this mean. even? :angry: :dubbio:

Hmm... I feel a trap door, it's probably meant to catch me...:rolleyes:

At least: know that COOKIES are there for our good... 18 cookies for our greatest good, sure... Restart the chase.com page: and still 3 cookies... and still 1... Thanks to Cookie Remover: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cookie-remover/kcgpggonjhmeaejebeoeomdlohicfhce?hl=en-US

And to know their names, I ask EditCookiehttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editcookie/eognaopbbjmpompmibmllnddafjhbfdj/related?hl=en-US
Yes, it's this unusual abundance of cookies that Mr Chase didn't want us to know... that's why Mr Chase doesn't like browser extensions, surely...
Let's have a look at various Chase.com (and JPMorgan.com) findings:

JPMorgan.com: Cookies Policy: https://www.jpmorgan.com/cookies 

"2. What Types of Cookies Do We Use?

The main types of cookies we use on our websites are:

Strictly Necessary cookies allow the technical operation of our websites or apps (e.g., cookies that enable you to navigate a website or app, and to use its features). Some may also increase the usability of our websites or apps by remembering your choices. You may be able to disable some or all necessary cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you choose to do so, however, you may experience reduced functionality or be prevented from using our websites or apps altogether.

Performance cookies help us enhance the performance and usability of our websites or apps. If you choose not to accept these cookies you may experience less than optimal performance.

Analytics cookies help us ensure that we understand our audience as clearly as possible, and that any information that is provided to you is as relevant as possible to your interests and preferences.

Marketing cookies help us evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns or to provide better targeting for marketing. These cookies may collect personal data such as your name as well as information about how you interact with our websites, apps or marketing materials."...

..."To manage your use of cookies there are various resources available to you. For example, the ‘Help’ section on your browser may assist you. You can also disable or delete the stored data used by technology similar to cookies, such as Local Shared Objects or Flash cookies, by managing your browser’s ‘add-on settings’ or visiting the website of its manufacturer."...

So listen to webroot.com: "2.Clean house. You don’t have to do it often, but clear your cookie cache every once in a while. There are plusses and minuses here; clearing your cache will wipe away any long-term tracking cookies, but it will also wipe out your saved login information. But don’t let that deter you! Despite that sounding like a hassle, you may find your browser performance improves."...: https://www.webroot.com/blog/2019/10/17/cookies-pixels-and-other-ways-advertisers-are-tracking-you-online/

Excerpt from chase.com Online Privacy Policy: https://www.chase.com/digital/resources/privacy-security/privacy/online-privacy-policy.html

"Information we collect

Personal Information
When you visit or use our online services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find a nearby ATM), user name and password. We may also collect payment card information, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers (or comparable) when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.

Usage and Other Information
In addition to the personal information described above, we may collect certain information about your use of our online services.  For example, we may capture the IP address of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, and the site you visit next. We or our third-party partners may also use cookies, web beacons or other technologies to collect and store other information about your visit to, or use of, our online services.  In addition, we may later associate the usage and other information we collect online with personal information about you.

Chase Mobile
For your convenience, Chase offers you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites (“Chase Mobile”).  When you interact with us through Chase Mobile, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device.  We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information) through Chase Mobile.

Additional Sources of Information
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources including from co-branded partner sites or commercially available third-party sources, such as credit reporting agencies.  We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you under this Online Privacy Policy."...

And jet the chase.com reassures: "Chase will never ask you for confidential information—like your username and password, or other account information—when we reach out to you."...on Security Tips page: https://www.chase.com/personal/security-tips

Stunning, 18 cookies for our own good!:cheerleader:

and on chase.com this External Domain Request: dpm.demdex.net, with the gift of Demdex tracker... why not

The demdex cookie: https://www.pedromonjo.com/2021/09/the-demdex-cookie.html

"The original reason for this cookie is to store the unique identifier of the browser in Adobe Audience Manager (AAM)."...

"It’s 3 a.m. Do you know what your iPhone is doing?

Mine has been alarmingly busy. Even though the screen is off and I’m snoring, apps are beaming out lots of information about me to companies I’ve never heard of. Your iPhone probably is doing the same -- and Apple could be doing more to stop it.

On a recent Monday night, a dozen marketing companies, research firms and other personal data guzzlers got reports from my iPhone. At 11:43 p.m., a company called Amplitude learned my phone number, email and exact location. At 3:58 a.m., another called Appboy got a digital fingerprint of my phone. At 6:25 a.m., a tracker called Demdex received a way to identify my phone and sent back a list of other trackers to pair up with.

And all night long, there was some startling behavior by a household name: Yelp. It was receiving a message that included my IP address -- once every five minutes.

Our data has a secret life in many of the devices we use every day, from talking Alexa speakers to smart TVs. But we've got a giant blind spot when it comes to the data companies probing our phones.

You might assume you can count on Apple to sweat all the privacy details. After all, it touted in a recent ad, "What happens on your iPhone stays on your iPhone." My investigation suggests otherwise.

IPhone apps I discovered tracking me by passing information to third parties -- just while I was asleep -- include Microsoft OneDrive, Intuit’s Mint, Nike, Spotify, The Washington Post and IBM’s The Weather Channel. One app, the crime-alert service Citizen, shared personally identifiable information in violation of its published privacy policy.

And your iPhone doesn't feed data trackers only while you sleep. In a single week, I encountered over 5,400 trackers, mostly in apps, not including the incessant Yelp traffic. According to privacy firm Disconnect, which helped test my iPhone, those unwanted trackers would have spewed out 1.5 gigabytes of data over the span of a month. That's half of an entire basic wireless service plan from AT&T.

"This is your data, why should it even leave your phone? Why should it be collected by someone when you don't know what they're going to do with it?" says Patrick Jackson, a former National Security Agency researcher who is chief technology officer for Disconnect. He hooked my iPhone into special software so we could examine the traffic. "I know the value of data, and I don't want mine in any hands where it doesn't need to be."

In a world of data brokers, Jackson is the data breaker. He developed an app called Privacy Pro that identifies and blocks many trackers. If you're a little bit techie, I recommend trying the free iOS version to glimpse the secret life of your iPhone.

Yes, trackers are a problem on phones running Google's Android, too. Google won't even let Disconnect's tracker-protection software into its Play Store. (Google's rules prohibit apps that might interfere with another app displaying ads.)

Part of Jackson's objection to trackers is that many feed the personal data economy, used to target us for marketing and political messaging. Facebook's fiascos have made us all more aware of how our data can be passed along, stolen and misused - but Cambridge Analytica was just the beginning.

Jackson's biggest concern is transparency: If we don't know where our data is going, how can we ever hope to keep it private?

App trackers are like the cookies on websites that slow load times, waste battery life and cause creepy ads to follow you around the Internet. Except in apps, there's little notice trackers are lurking and you can't choose a different browser to block them.

Why do trackers activate in the middle of the night? Some app makers have them call home at times the phone is plugged in, or think they won't interfere with other functions. These late-night encounters happen on the iPhone if you have allowed "background app refresh," which is Apple's default."... - excerpt from oregonlife.com: https://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/2019/05/its-3-am-do-you-know-who-your-iphone-is-talking-to.html

Edited by msfntor
addings

6 hours ago, Milkinis said:

last build is 13.6 and it's still based on chrome 86 unfortunately

screenshot-6.png

I think it's just a " change skin game", in China , we used "put old wine in new bottle" to called this operation...

Agreed.  Plus, "se" and "ee" are two different branches.

360Chrome has basically had three different v86 engines -

As far as a true scientific quantitative approach goes -
The .1 engines were the FASTEST.
The .112 engines saw a very slight performance degradation.
The .198 engines (everything newer than v13.0 build 2206 and all of the v13.5 builds) saw another very slight performance degradation.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Updated 360EE v9, v11, v12, v13, DCB, and both MiniBrowser browser's files.

- Rebased chrome.dll (and chrome_child.dll where it applies) to address 0x10010000.

non-rebased DLLs are kept just in case.

https://archive.org/download/360EE_Modified_Version

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl
Forgot to add Internet Archive link

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Agreed.  Plus, "se" and "ee" are two different branches.

360Chrome has basically had three different v86 engines -

As far as a true scientific quantitative approach goes -
The .1 engines were the FASTEST.
The .112 engines saw a very slight performance degradation.
The .198 engines (everything newer than v13.0 build 2206 and all of the v13.5 builds) saw another very slight performance degradation.

Do you have a list of the 360EE versions for each engine?
I also assume that there are those small engine updates on v9, v11 and v12.

Edited by Humming Owl

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

Updated 360EE v9, v11, v12, v13, DCB, and both MiniBrowser browser's files.

- Rebased chrome.dll (and chrome_child.dll where it applies) to address 0x10010000.

non-rebased DLLs are kept just in case.

Cheers.

Do you found that the date on this topic dos not update?

On 3/20/2023 at 9:14 AM, Humming Owl said:

To be honest I am still hoping someone will be able to compile newer Chromium or Firefox versions on XP that don't require such "dirty" methods to make it relatively safe/useful for people (ie. patching hex strings so connections to china.cn aren't made :}). I would prefer lower versions as the ones in which 360EE is based as the most recent ones consume a lot of resources on older computers that need to run XP because they can't run anything higher. For example, I would be happy with a Chromium 69 version with no certificate issues with its code on GitHub or an equivalent platform (similar to what Feodor is doing).

I can't run 360EE v13 on my laptop (Chromium 86) so if there is some other Chinese chromium based browser with a higher version than Chromium 86 I would only be able to run it under another "newer" computer with Win7, which is quite weird because the whole point is to be able to use it under XP.

I agree that would be ideal. Start with v11 (or at least v12, which also runs reasonably well on older computers), then add all the Googlisms and what-have-you that are needed for the modern Web.

But that's basically what Moonchild Productions has been trying to do with their UXP platform. But they're still way behind, even though they got an earlier start, have a lot of software developers contributing, and have made impressive recent progress.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:15 AM, VistaLover said:

... And what exactly does this mean. even? :angry: :dubbio:In what way are browser extensions involved when one tries to access "chase.com" ?

Practically, I think all it means is, if you think Chase's Web site is malfunctioning, you need to check it on not only a "supported" browser, but also with a clean profile with no extensions, before you report the issue. Which is pretty good advice anyway. I certainly have no problems using, say, uBO at chase.com; in fact it speeds up their Web page noticeably.

BTW, Google had a good idea with the "permissions" concept (which Mozilla adopted, and which is also used for Android apps) but the "permissions" they defined are so broad that any browser extension (or Android app) usually needs several scary permissions in order to do anything useful. Yes, of course a browser extension needs permission to read and change Web pages and responses! How could uBO or Palefill work if they couldn't change Web pages?

There's a similar one for Android: permission to "read and change data on your device." Meaning permission to read from and write to files. Well, duh....

Making the permissions much more granular would have also made them much more useful.