360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

On 3/9/2023 at 5:52 PM, msfntor said:

What version of Windows are you using, please? Have you slimmed down your Windows? 

2 GB is normally enough, so try the "Clear Browser Data" button at the bottom right (notch all cases before...) or in the Settings/Advanced/Privacy... notch too: "Clear selections every exit" like me, then report the behavior of these browsers after cleaning, please...

Windows XP service pack 3 with all security updates (no posready), I have ~170 mb of ram used at startup.

I launched 360ee 13 vanilla, so without any history or add-ons, version 13 can occupy more than 1 gb of ram with just 2 tabs open, I need to open 5-6 tabs with version 11 to get 1 gig of ram used.

Edited by Chuck

36 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I launched 360ee 13 vanilla, so without any history or add-ons, version 13 can occupy more than 1 gb of ram with just 2 tabs open,

Are you using original Chinese browser, or our fork (360Chrome v13 ... or v13.5), please?

On 3/9/2023 at 4:25 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Unsure if Humming Owl disables WebGL or not

I keep the browser files involved with WebGL. IIRC some flags need to be turned on to be able to use WebGL.

@Chuck

Do you still experience the fonts issue you said before?

8 hours ago, Milkinis said:

still unable to get it working.... the 1st map doesn't display webGL requirements.

I will upload a "rebuild_8" of my version that has WebGL ENABLED out-of-the-box.

But you will have to PICK ONE OR THE OTHER, it is not advisable to run MY version and Humming Owl's versions side-by-side!

Humming Owl's versions SAVE data to the Windows Registry permanently.

Mine only uses the Windows Registry for temporary data storage - but it will "see" the PERMANENT data stored by Humming Owl's versions.

Again, PICK ONE OR THE OTHER, it is not advisable to run both side-by-side - not even if one has been "exited" before the other is launched - Humming Owl's registry writes are PERMANENT.

I will have a "rebuild_8" new thread later this weekend or so.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I will upload a "rebuild_8" of my version that has WebGL ENABLED out-of-the-box.

I will have a "rebuild_8" new thread later this weekend or so.

that's pretty cool sir.

the new thread doesn't seem to be necessary though

you could have just shared your loader.ini file so I can see if it's a mistake on my part

I prefer the googled version but don't know about others... @Dave-H

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/page/119/#comment-1240507

now we'll have 3 different options to choose from (google, ungoogled and webGL enabled ) :thumbup

all this said I mostly only use your rebuild 7

I have not yet deleted the rebuild 3 because I 'm unable to retrieve the saved password of another forum

unlike the original chrome which has a button to show off the hidden passwords.

4 hours ago, rereser said:

chrome stored passwords can be retrieved with this little free portable utility.

... But do take note that the password encryption used by Chromium forks uses data specific to the host system, so that utility can only decrypt and retrieve account credentials from the "machine" they were "created"/stored on, i.e. the browser profile isn't just enough to retrieve the credentials (unlike Firefox and forks) ...

I was painfully hit by that when my laptop "died" (actually, its iGPU did) in the start of 2022; my portable 360EE versions (11/12/13/13.5), each with its separate profile, live on a USB HDD - when I connected that to a second laptop in my household (Win7SP1x64), the browsers+profiles launched fine, but I was unable to retrieve site account credentials with chromepass on that second machine :( ...

So, I advise everyone reading this: Keep account credentials on a physical (piece of paper)/digital (USB drive) copy "unattached" to the machine you're currently working on ...

FWIW, I retrieved 90% of my credentials from within a stored Serpent 52 profile :thumbup ... In the end, my laptop was repaired and I retrieved (and backed up on paper) those missing 10% credentials (for sites running ONLY on a 360EE variant, not St52) via launching chromepass there ;) ...

Edited by VistaLover

14 hours ago, Milkinis said:

... As others have hinted already, it may very well be an issue with your specific graphics card/its non-updated driver... Can you test that link you posted in latest Serpent 52? It works fine here via HTML5+WebGL (Adobe Flash hasn't been enabled):

ADybExa.png

St52 doesn't block WebGL by default if your H/W can support it, so if you can't get it working in St52, "rebuild_8" will be moot for you... My 2c, of course :P ...