360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

That is true. FF isn't a Cr fork. In fact, it's the only non-Cr-based browser left that can render modern Web sites.

But to be blunt, modern FF doesn't look, act, or perform much differently than Cr either. It's sort of a hybrid: bits and pieces of the old FF live on, along with bits and pieces of Cr, particularly in the JS engine.

I don't think modern FF really accomplishes anything more than, say, unGoogled Cr, so there's not really much reason to prefer it anymore.

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Which was released in August 2020, a long time ago in IT world.

... Just because things have gotten to be "how" they currently are "in IT world" :P doesn't mean I have to like or condone the way/speed with which they're "moving forward" (I use "forward" tentatively here; in many aspects, I feel it's just "progress" for the sake of "progress" itself :whistle:) ; so we have a new major version of Chrome/Firefox every 4 weeks; but why should web compatibility suffer so much, especially for those not willing to ride that high-speed train? 

Back in much saner times, there was a thing called "backwards compatibility" honoured among web developers; of course, the web itself then was a much nicer place, not the current JS-inundated abomination :( ...

Rewind, please, to January 21st, 2010, when Mozilla Firefox 3.6 stable was released; no rapid-release-cycles at the time, the 3.6.x branch lasted all the way till March 13th, 2012, when 3.6.28 was released - some 26 months after the initial release; I was "there", and 95% of web pages would render in the same way between 3.6 and 3.6.28 :thumbup ...

FF to now and St52: You open a page today and it renders OK, revisit it next month, it may not load at all :realmad: ...

Nothing personal against you, UCyborg :P, I guess I simply needed to vent a little ;) ...

On 3/5/2023 at 6:52 PM, Jody Thornton said:

No disrespect to roytam1 and all of his efforts, but I think UXP inspired stuff has gone about as FAR as it can go. 
My thinking is, a modern, usuable browser in 2023 MUST render the modern web as it is. 
New Reddit, desktop Facebook, my Tangerine bank site, all need to render just as smooth and functionally as they would on the latest Chromium base. 

it's a browser based on a very old engine which has nothing to do with the original FF52 engine.

on the other hand, the 360EE @NotHereToPlayGames struggles with twitter timeline but it does the job well enough on FB or new reddit by now....

I rather prefer the FF visual layout over chrome but the Serpent browser is mostly crap when it comes to addons and extensions availability

1 hour ago, Milkinis said:

the Serpent browser is mostly crap when it comes to addons and extensions availability

All of my extensions/add-ons that are "essential" to me (9-10) in terms of security and usability are fine here, identical in both Serpent52 and Serpent55. I don't feel that there is a problem here... 
But I have more confidence in Serpent55, I have been used to it from the beginning...

from reddit. :dubbio:

''Don't use 360 chrome no matter how hard this dude ships for it. The following is from Wikipedia.

In 2012, a whistleblower reported a hidden backdoor in 360 Secure Browser.

The Product Director of 360 Secure Browser, Tao Weihua, responded that "Whoever has a mind to beat a dog will always be able to find a stick" and accused the whistleblower of "smearing 360 on behalf of Baidu", which the whistleblower said was "the worst professional response in history".

Independent analysis of the claim showed that the browser has an "undeclared mechanism (i.e., via ExtSmartWiz.dll) which connects to the server on a regular basis (e.g., every 5 minutes), and allows it to download files of any type (including executables) from the server."

22 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

(i.e., via ExtSmartWiz.dll)

Already aware.  If you look at the releases discussed at MSFN, you will find that none of them contain this .dll.  MULTIPLE .dll's have been removed during beta-stage telemetry-removal and testing.  Several members contributed to that testing.

Hello all. i'm using 360ee 11.0.2251.0 with Windows XP SP3 and sometimes part of the text disappears on the site in the attached images. Most of the time happens when i leave the tab (but rarely happens as soon i open the page too). Reloading doesn't fix it, the only working methods to show the text again are zooming or closing the tab then reopening the page. I know is not a great deal, never encountered anything similiar on other sites, but i thought maybe there is something i can try.

after zooming.JPG

disappeared.JPG

Edited by Chuck

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Already aware.  If you look at the releases discussed at MSFN, you will find that none of them contain this .dll.  MULTIPLE .dll's have been removed during beta-stage telemetry-removal and testing.  Several members contributed to that testing.

Thank you, we have full confidence in you and your browsers, then, now and forever!:cheerleader:

16 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Hello all. i'm using 360ee 11.0.2251.0 with Windows XP SP3 and sometimes part of the text disappears on the site in the attached images. Most of the time happens when i leave the tab (but rarely happens as soon i open the page too). Reloading doesn't fix it, the only working methods to show the text again are zooming or closing the tab then reopening the page. I know is not a great deal, never encountered anything similiar on other sites, but i thought maybe there is something i can try.

Hello @Chuck, welcome on board!

...have you tried the same page on "new incognito window"?...because it's this window without extensions. I don't have version 11 anymore...
Why don't you try our latest 360Chrome version 13.0 or 13.5? 

19 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

I don't think modern FF really accomplishes anything more than, say, unGoogled Cr, so there's not really much reason to prefer it anymore.

Well, I certainly found number of reasons that still makes me prefer it over Chromium flavors. :yes:

@VistaLover
Sure, I generally don't like the number of things in this world, including the way a number of websites are designed.

I've got a hint from another place to look into radical acceptance, a specific video or podcast about it...not sure as I can't find it again...but yeah, that was the main thing - "radical acceptance".

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

Hello all. i'm using 360ee 11.0.2251.0 with Windows XP SP3 and sometimes part of the text disappears on the site in the attached images.

it rarely happens here, the text goes blank or it's unreadable (striked out)

the best possible solution is to restart the browser, if you can't do it right way, just copy the url address and past it in a new tab.

OT

On 3/7/2023 at 10:50 PM, UCyborg said:

I've got a hint from another place to look into radical acceptance, a specific video or podcast about it...
not sure as I can't find it again... but yeah, that was the main thing - "radical acceptance".

... Probably this:

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-radical-acceptance-5120614

Podcast (plays in latest St52, it's NOT DRM'ed):

/OT
Edited by VistaLover

18 hours ago, Milkinis said:

from reddit. :dubbio:

''Don't use 360 chrome no matter how hard this dude ships for it. The following is from Wikipedia.

In 2012, a whistleblower reported a hidden backdoor in 360 Secure Browser.

The Product Director of 360 Secure Browser, Tao Weihua, responded that "Whoever has a mind to beat a dog will always be able to find a stick" and accused the whistleblower of "smearing 360 on behalf of Baidu", which the whistleblower said was "the worst professional response in history".

Independent analysis of the claim showed that the browser has an "undeclared mechanism (i.e., via ExtSmartWiz.dll) which connects to the server on a regular basis (e.g., every 5 minutes), and allows it to download files of any type (including executables) from the server."

To be fair, and I always fair, I'm a judge of some sorts - no such dll even present here !

Would be polite to check this browser *before* you posted an article from 11 years old.

On the other hand, we must be grateful you didn't find an article from 1986.

That upvote I gave you yesterday, was by mistake, retracted now.

I used this browser a couple of years ago and observed no such behaviour.

The browser was good while it lasted circa (2020-2021), now it's obsolete, struggles with twitter, etc. 

I'd move back to it, if the engine bumps to say Chrome 103 (at least).