360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

4 minutes ago, msfntor said:

Success! MiniBrowser_1.0.0.121_XPx64_M works good without any changes on my XP x86 32 bits.. Thank you very much!

- I still have to download v127 x64...tomorrow...and I'll get you my impressions...tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Done. You can change the default language DCBrowser has on the settings page.

I found that the DCBrowser's UserData is not in the same folder with the DCBrower.exe, It means that wasn't a really portable software

Edited by hidao

12 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I wonder how many websites in general use certificates with unsupported (on XP) ciphers. I rarely see certificate errors on XP with 360Chrome (don't use the command line switch to ignore cert errors)

I take it back, they're not that difficult to find, was just clicking some links on https://github.com/mendel5/alternative-front-ends.

Here you have the news about my new browser: MiniBrowser_1.0.0.121_XPx64_M

Unmovable window, if click on DeepL translator website link (with scripts not allowed): https://www.deepl.com/fr/translator

"Veuillez changer de navigateur

Button: Fermer

DeepL n’est plus compatible avec Internet Explorer et pourrait donc dysfonctionner en cas d’utilisation sur ce navigateur. Nous vous invitons à ouvrir DeepL avec Microsoft Edge ou un autre navigateur récent.
Vous pouvez également télécharger DeepL pour Windows.

Buttons: Annuler, Ouvrir avec Microsoft Edge"

But all is good, if allowed scripts. Why was it talking about Internet Explorer?...

If not, all is good:

RAM used by Windows after start: 272 MB/3071 MB

RAM used by Windows+browser: 419 MB

So 419 - 272 = 147 MB for browser v1.0.0121 only (I've not downloaded any other links but browser for x64 only).

In Process Hacker, I see one MiniBrowser.exe in job, and in its Modules: Normaliz.dll is highlighted in "Relocated Dll" color.

In the Settings, Clear Browser Data is not automatically deleted when the browser is closing ... not good, very bad!

This my test page: https://clearthis.page/ - is loading in 0.48 seconds best result for now (with some tabs yes!..)... to compare with DCBrowser 0.35 s best load time... measured with "Page load time" extension.

Skin ... I don't like this skin, because I don't like delaved colors, on flat surfaces. Do you have the possibility to change this skin, please?

On 1/8/2023 at 1:05 AM, hidao said:

I found that the DCBrowser's UserData is not in the same folder with the DCBrower.exe, It means that wasn't a really portable software

I never said this was portable (whatever that word means in regards to that matter) it is only a package in which the important browser files are so you only need an usual decompressor to get the files and avoid an installation process. The user data folder can be set up on any path you want using the

--user-data-dir

flag when the browser launchs.

On 1/8/2023 at 8:25 AM, msfntor said:

But all is good, if allowed scripts. Why was it talking about Internet Explorer?...

Probably because the website uses JS for its normal functions. It will assume that a browser that blocks/can't process JS files to be IE (but that's a guess on my point of view).

In the Settings, Clear Browser Data is not automatically deleted when the browser is closing ... not good, very bad!

I think it is the default thing on all browsers, you can set the setting as you want after the first launch.

Skin ... I don't like this skin, because I don't like delaved colors, on flat surfaces. Do you have the possibility to change this skin, please?

Nah, I don't know how to modify the looks of the interface. However, I think you can test installing theme extensions from the webstore. I remember installing a dark one but it didn't look pretty.

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

I never said this was portable (whatever that word means in regards to that matter) it is only a package in which the important browser files are so you only need an usual decompressor to get the files and avoid an installation process. The user data folder can be set up on any path you want using the

--user-data-dir

flag when the browser launchs.

Probably because the website uses JS for its normal functions. It will assume that a browser that blocks/can't process JS files to be IE (but that's a guess on my point of view).

I think it is the default thing on all browsers, you can set the setting as you want after the first launch.

Nah, I don't know how to modify the looks of the interface. However, I think you can test installing theme extensions from the webstore. I remember installing a dark one but it didn't look pretty.

Only have to unpackaged and we can used and if moved to the other PC the config still there, We called these software is protale-software, may be my bad English couldn't say clear, I don't know how you guys called it

Edited by hidao

On 1/8/2023 at 1:25 PM, msfntor said:

about my new browser: MiniBrowser_1.0.0.121_XPx64_M

No more my problem: I've found the solution, I think..: under Settings/'Cookies and other site data', here you have 'Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chromium' - switch slider to the right. So now ALL should be automatically deleted when the browser is closing?.. BUT I've links on the New tab.....hmm

For dark mode, I've tried this:

Type: Chrome://flags: Enabled: Force Dark Mode for Web Contents and: Web Platform Controls Dark Mode

- so now I could've nice dark windows of extensions (uBlock..)... but I decided to return from this dark style, enough is enough for me.

MiniBrowser has it already been rebased, please?.. I think so, but I've rebased it just in case, and now it weights 144 MB (416-272=144 MB), today after my rebase...

I've rebased Dll's in DCBrowser ( version Modified12.2022) today:

- before rebase: 458-272=186 MB

- after rebase (launch of rebase.bat and libase.exe under browser folder): 449-272=177 MB now. So DCBrowser lightened by 9 MB.. not so bad!

But MiniBrowser is lighter: its weight is of 144 MB for browser v1.0.0121 only, here... 33 MB lighter.

Edited by msfntor

5 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

--user-data-dir

flag when the browser launches.

Thank you I didn't know that but I new where the directory was/is as I monitor appdata/application data folders often. I knew it was not portable but I don't mind that.

For me:

C:\Documents and Settings\DELL\Local Settings\Application Data\DcBrowser\User Data

Edited by XPerceniol

1 minute ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you I didn't know that but I new where the directory was/is as I monitor appdata/application data folders often. I knew it was not portable but I don't mind that.

Me too I don't mind that at all.

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

MiniBrowser has it already been rebased, please?..

No, I provided a package called MiniBrowser_Rebase.7z for that.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

For me:

C:\Documents and Settings\DELL\Local Settings\Application Data\DcBrowser\User Data

Your welcome.

MiniBrowser_1.0.0.127_XPx64_M

No major difference with comparison to v .121.... Have already all my 3 extensions (uBlock O., Page Load Time, Blacker Text) and my Settings, surprise...

Browser's weight before and after rebase is this same: 144 MB. Cause rebase worked both for these two versions already, with rebase of precedent v.?...

And this same in both versions: small window after click on delcert.exe: "Cette application n'a pas pu démarrer car la configuration de l'application est incorrecte..." - so delcert.exe doesn' start...

Load time of my (this same clearthis.page) test page: 0.45 seconds.

NOT clearing automatically browser data after browser closure......