360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

Regarding the rebasing of the DLL files of the browsers I think I am going to share a script to rebase the files automatically rather than updating the browser files that are in the Internet Archive. I haven't got like very different results on rebasing the DLLs so I feel like this has to be a user choice. I am also holding in doing anything because that would mean updating a lot of files (my internet is relatively fast but it isn't cheap :no:). I will move Mini Browser and the older DC Browser into the Internet Archive as well and plan on doing launchers for Mini Browser and 360EE (I don't think MediaFire is good for long term downloads).

Just to let you know!

Cheers.

I was an earlier user of the 360 Extreme Explorer, v11 through v13. 

I also had the DC browser recently installed, and seems to like it a bit better than the 360, due to the theme/skin customization and in my opinion a slightly less cluttered Settings page.

What I'd like to know is are all the modified versions of DC and 360 browsers shared here considerably safe for secure pages (online banking, checking emails, to name a few). With the SSL/HTTPS encryption I would be right to assume it should be? (regardless of the telemetry which probably if it isn't stripped off completely, are sending at worst location data, IP addresses, and the likes but not the actual parameters or secure details of the SSL-secured pages we are accessing).

As for the telemetry to China aspects, both modified versions of 360 and DC shared here were already stripped off it to a large extent is that correct?

I do noticed on the 360EE, in terms of performance, there's always a sort of latency that requires a being-accessed URL to be repeatedly refreshed, especially for websites that are later found to have HTTPS errors and needing a Proceed At Own Risk from us. Upon typing the URL and clicking Enter, it just does't seem to fetch anything and a f5 refresh is needed a few times before it suddenly loads and it just come pouring in or the Proceed page comes. 360 has this latency and it is quite a bit frustrating however for DC i find it slightly better. Is there no way to somehow circumvent this lag? 

8 hours ago, drainer said:

As for the telemetry to China aspects, both modified versions of 360 and DC shared here were already stripped off it to a large extent is that correct?

Yes. In fact I found no other external connections being made by the browser other than the normal ones (compared with an Windows 7 Ungoogled Chromium build) when fetching some usual websites. I always said that if someone find another weird connection, that please report it inmediately (with some logs or stuff like that). I have not received any report of that kind in like a whole year (if I am wrong with the timelapse please someone correct me) of these modified browsers being available for public.

What I'd like to know is are all the modified versions of DC and 360 browsers shared here considerably safe for secure pages (online banking, checking emails, to name a few). With the SSL/HTTPS encryption I would be right to assume it should be? (regardless of the telemetry which probably if it isn't stripped off completely, are sending at worst location data, IP addresses, and the likes but not the actual parameters or secure details of the SSL-secured pages we are accessing).

I do believe it is safe to use as it is basically a Chromium build with some superficial stuff done by the chinese company that created it. The protocols and basic functions of a basic Chromium must be the same as with this browser. At least that's what I believe. I have used it on banking sites and mail. Either way you can choose not to use it if you feel uncorfortable with it. Mini Browser and DC Browser were browsers very easy to modify because they weren't so much bloated than 360EE, if I had to say which is the most pure Chromium build I would go with those 2.

I do noticed on the 360EE, in terms of performance, there's always a sort of latency that requires a being-accessed URL to be repeatedly refreshed, especially for websites that are later found to have HTTPS errors and needing a Proceed At Own Risk from us. Upon typing the URL and clicking Enter, it just does't seem to fetch anything and a f5 refresh is needed a few times before it suddenly loads and it just come pouring in or the Proceed page comes. 360 has this latency and it is quite a bit frustrating however for DC i find it slightly better. Is there no way to somehow circumvent this lag? 

I also find that happening on 360EE, as for a way to avoid the issue, I don't know anything I am afraid. The only thing I can think off is by running the browser with custom arguments (flags) but I don't know which of those can help in the issue.

Sorry if I can't get a concise answer but that is because there is always some kind of uncertainty (I don't know how to program so I can't completely demonstrate the stuff I say, however I started learning C as I feel it is cool :cool:). Time is the only one that will say if my work was good or bad and so far I believe its good.

Cheers.

- Moved all edited browsers to the Internet Archive (hope the platform exists forever).

- Created simple lanchers for each browser (BATCH) (they have to be put in the same place the executable of the browser is to work).

- Created a rebase BATCH script for each browser (only for the main DLLs of the browser like chrome.dll and/or chrome_child.dll). The "rebase" folder has to be on the same place the executable of the browser is and then you can execute the "rebase.bat" file inside that folder).

All files can be seen easily here --> https://archive.org/download/360EE_Modified_Version

Cheers.

5 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

- Moved all edited browsers to the Internet Archive (hope the platform exists forever).

- Created simple lanchers for each browser (BATCH) (they have to be put in the same place the executable of the browser is to work).

- Created a rebase BATCH script for each browser (only for the main DLLs of the browser like chrome.dll and/or chrome_child.dll). The "rebase" folder has to be on the same place the executable of the browser is and then you can execute the "rebase.bat" file inside that folder).

All files can be seen easily here --> https://archive.org/download/360EE_Modified_Version

Cheers.

Do you have any plan to keep the language package of Chinese to DCBrowser and MiniBrowser ?

On 1/5/2023 at 2:46 AM, hidao said:

Do you have any plan to keep the language package of Chinese to DCBrowser and MiniBrowser ?

I have not removed the Chinese language package on Minibrowser. I did on DCBrowser, I you want I can put it again or share the PAK file through here.

10 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I have not removed the Chinese language package on Minibrowser. I did on DCBrowser, I you want I can put it again or share the PAK file through here.

I want to, Thank you

I've small window: "MiniBrowser.exe - Point d'entrée introuvable" (of SetProcessDEPPolicy) - for both versions (v1.0.0121 and 1.0.0.127).  So no browser...

Sure, I've not downloaded any complementary links...

I've Windows XP 32 bits SP2 version.

Edited by msfntor

33 minutes ago, msfntor said:

... And that's the root cause of your predicament... :whistle:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winbase/nf-winbase-setprocessdeppolicy

Requirements

Minimum supported client | Windows Vista with SP1, Windows XP with SP3 [desktop apps only]

:o

Thus far, the new updated DCBrowser works like a charm and much thanks to @mina7601 for the command swithces for invalid certs I find this browser to suit my needs very well and I don't use the loader just "as is" and the reg keys don't concern / bother me. 

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

I've small window: "MiniBrowser.exe - Point d'entrée introuvable" (of SetProcessDEPPolicy) - for both versions (v1.0.0121 and 1.0.0.127).  So no browser...

Sure, I've not downloaded any complementary links...

This will sound very weird, but can you try the one tagged for XP x64 bits? I renamed that same function in that release to be able to make it open on XP x64 bits (if it doesn't do the trick maybe there needs to be more function renaming).

Check the last line of my "changelog" of the browser:

https://ia802303.us.archive.org/28/items/360EE_Modified_Version/MiniBrowser_1.0.0.121_XPx64_Modified_Notes.txt

Cheers.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Thus far, the new updated DCBrowser works like a charm and much thanks to @mina7601 for the command swithces for invalid certs I find this browser to suit my needs very well

You're welcome. I'm glad you liked my method for avoiding "Connection isn't private" error.

I wonder how many websites in general use certificates with unsupported (on XP) ciphers. I rarely see certificate errors on XP with 360Chrome (don't use the command line switch to ignore cert errors), though I do visit very small handful of web sites. Last time I ran root cert updater was in 2020 (the one by heinoganda). I know it doesn't check and installs some certificates that XP can't stomach.

55 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

This will sound very weird, but can you try the one tagged for XP x64 bits? I renamed that same function in that release to be able to make it open on XP x64 bits (if it doesn't do the trick maybe there needs to be more function renaming).

Check the last line of my "changelog" of the browser:

https://ia802303.us.archive.org/28/items/360EE_Modified_Version/MiniBrowser_1.0.0.121_XPx64_Modified_Notes.txt

Cheers.

Success! MiniBrowser_1.0.0.121_XPx64_M works good without any changes on my XP x86 32 bits.. Thank you very much!

- I still have to download v127 x64...tomorrow...and I'll get you my impressions...tomorrow.