360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

In my versions, open 360Loader.ini while 360Chrome is not running and add whatever useragent you want in the Parameters line.

I use:

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36"

Make sure the entire useragent string starts with and ends with a quote (")

23 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Unsure.  I have always felt uBlock to be an inferior product and I use uMatrix (and intentionally an older version by choice).

uMatrix blocks most of them by default because they tend to always be "third-party" or "sub-domain" .js files.

I see, OK thanks ArcticFoxie.

I gave uMatrix a try a while back with 360Chrome v11, I mostly tested on YouTube. It worked as intended at first but after a while it stopped working as it should. Maybe I didn't set it up properly.

I will try uMatrix again at some point.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It IS "extreme" for XP Users.  But no, it's "nothing special" for non-XP.  And I don't even put it on my Win10 installs.

Right, I forgot it runs NPAPI plugins, which is an unique trait, but I wonder if there is any other Chromium fork that keeps NPAPI support and reads policies from registry and where consequentially chrome://policy page works.

BTW, does anyone use ImprovedTube? I thought I could remove enhanced-h264ify extension since the options were added to ImprovedTube to block specific codecs on YouTube, but they don't seem to do anything so I still need enhanced-h264ify, which I use to block AV1 codec. I searched the code and unless I missed something, there are just switches in the UI without actual functionality...

I tried both the published stable version and the one loaded directly from GitHub yesterday. At least expand description option works in the latter, bleeding edge version.

7 hours ago, msfntor said:

uMatrix made me headaches because of numerous interventions each time I wanted to open a link... that's why I prefer uBlock, which is not inferior to the other...

uMatrix is for those that want EXACT and PRECISE control over EVERYTHING.

uBlock is for those that trust lists made by people they've never met.

Or something like that  :whistle:

Everyone is going to have different "needs".

"I'm unique.  Just like everybody else."

1 minute ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

uMatrix is for those that want EXACT and PRECISE control over EVERYTHING.

uBlock is for those that trust lists made by people they've never met.

Or something like that  :whistle:

Everyone is going to have different "needs".

"I'm unique.  Just like everybody else."

- uBlock it's sufficient to me, with my lists I've found, anti-malware too. And I move on to other things, life is short...

It kind of depends on how many web sites that you visit.

I visit basically 30 to 50 web sites.  Over and over again throughout the year.

If I visited that many UNIQUE web sites each and every week, then a DIFFERENT set next week, et cetera, then using uMatrix would consume too much time.

But for my 30 to 50, I "set it and forget it".

23 hours ago, msfntor said:

uMatrix made me headaches because of numerous interventions each time I wanted to open a link... that's why I prefer uBlock, which is not inferior to the other...

uMatrix does a lot of things uBlock doesn't. The combination of both is what I always use, and it's simply great. That's a way to get (almost) complete control while surfing the World Wide Web. Using uMatrix is not as complicated as it seems. No headaches here! :P If you really want to get in trouble including headaches, then you should try the Advanced User Mode of uBlock. This mode is really for advanced users or experts. The developer Gorhill specifically warns the user if one wants to activate this mode. :whistle: Without having read the documentation at first, no good idea! :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

42 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

uMatrix does a lot of things uBlock doesn't. The combination of both is what I always use, and it's simply great. That's a way to get (almost) complete control while surfing the World Wide Web. Using uMatrix is not as complicated as it seems. No headaches here! :P If you really want to get in trouble including headaches, then you should try the Advanced User Mode of uBlock. This mode is really for advanced users or experts. The developer Gorhill specifically warns the user if one wants to activate this mode. :whistle:

I used AdBlockPlus and uBlok before, Because they are so simple to used for me 

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

uMatrix does a lot of things uBlock doesn't. The combination of both is what I always use, and it's simply great. That's a way to get (almost) complete control while surfing the World Wide Web. Using uMatrix is not as complicated as it seems. No headaches here! :P If you really want to get in trouble including headaches, then you should try the Advanced User Mode of uBlock. This mode is really for advanced users or experts. The developer Gorhill specifically warns the user if one wants to activate this mode. :whistle: Without having read the documentation at first, no good idea! :no:

AstroSkipper, ArcticFoxie, we3fan and you all are right!:P

:no:Why oh why am I haunted again by my softwares from the past.... 
I still have uMatrix v1.4.4 in Extreme 360Chrome v12.0, but.... he is disable... and in addition, I never use this Extreme version. So why would I use uMatrix again, after all it doesn't have the "Block Element" capability I use in uBlock; uBlock sufficiently defends me from ads, malware (the good Custom lists are updated!), and my possible 3-rd party enemies, having it set to block 3-party scripts and 3-rd party frames, and maybe 3-rd party women. One good defender is enough, what's too much is unhealthy. 
I see you all finally agree with me, my heartfelt warm thanks!

23 minutes ago, msfntor said:

AstroSkipper, ArcticFoxie, we3fan and you all are right!:P

:no:Why oh why am I haunted again by my softwares from the past.... 

I didn't say you have to use uMatrix but uBlock can't replace uMatrix. They are different. uMatrix can block and control things uBlock can't unless you use its Advanced User Mode which is not recommended for normal users, though. Anyway, that's the reason I use them both together. So, don't mix it up! :) BTW, it was just a well-meant hint! :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content