360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

25 minutes ago, verta said:

I tried opening the exe file with various archivers, but was not successful in hopes I could apply the translation patch.

Can someone share the translation to the below checkboxes. Then I can continue the installation...hopefully after clicking the install button there aren't any additional text to be translate ;) 

image.png.ffcce8604f0b24eaac067d7d7608e774.png

Using a online OCR

閱讀並同意 款件許可協議 安裝所碩 人
誤為默認瀏覽器        創建任他欄快捷方式        創建開始菜單快捷方式         加入用戶体驗計媽

Read and agree to the license agreement Mistakenly create a shortcut for the default browser, create a shortcut to the start menu, add a user experience gauge

Looks like the only "bad" option is the last one

3 hours ago, theelf said:

Using a online OCR

閱讀並同意 款件許可協議 安裝所碩 人

Read and agree to the license agreement Mistakenly create a shortcut for the default browser, create a shortcut to the start menu, add a user experience gauge

got it, the translation is in the previous post. ;)

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/page/98/

last post in the thread.

just clicked on experience and DC browser locked up. rebooted, clicking again..waiting for it to load, locks up on startup. I have not applied the translation patch yet.

just applied the patch.

..\tools\patch.exe chrome.dll < "..\patches\..\tools\patch.exe chrome.dll < "..\patches\

patching file chrome.dll

--------------------

tried the DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z release and looked at the debug file, and I found.

debug.log

[1105/193501.562:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header
[1105/193507.828:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in C:\WINDOWS\system32\serwvdrv.dll
[1105/193507.828:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in C:\WINDOWS\system32\umdmxfrm.dll
[1105/193510.015:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header

-----------------

I know I am missing a code page for asian, chinese.. otherwise these boxes would not look like squares. Looks like it needs to be added to the browser as a secondary language and the operating system. i could then use ocr to translate the text.

Does anyone know the code page and font, and where I can find a howto in order to add it to windows xp x86; dc and 360chrome.

"added secondary language to 360chrome..."

image.png.c08d5ce07eda6cd364339ad09c697a60.png

Edited by verta

6 hours ago, verta said:

got it, the translation is in the previous post. ;)

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/page/98/

last post in the thread.

just clicked on experience and DC browser locked up. rebooted, clicking again..waiting for it to load, locks up on startup. I have not applied the translation patch yet.

just applied the patch.

..\tools\patch.exe chrome.dll < "..\patches\..\tools\patch.exe chrome.dll < "..\patches\

patching file chrome.dll

--------------------

tried the DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z release and looked at the debug file, and I found.

debug.log

[1105/193501.562:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header
[1105/193507.828:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in C:\WINDOWS\system32\serwvdrv.dll
[1105/193507.828:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in C:\WINDOWS\system32\umdmxfrm.dll
[1105/193510.015:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(428)] unexpected header

-----------------

I know I am missing a code page for asian, chinese.. otherwise these boxes would not look like squares. Looks like it needs to be added to the browser as a secondary language and the operating system. i could then use ocr to translate the text.

Does anyone know the code page and font, and where I can find a howto in order to add it to windows xp x86; dc and 360chrome.

"added secondary language to 360chrome..."

image.png.c08d5ce07eda6cd364339ad09c697a60.png

Maybe you need the font of simsum...

6 hours ago, theelf said:

Using a online OCR

閱讀並同意 款件許可協議 安裝所碩 人

Why don't you used 7-Zip to extract it ?

I remember that is a protable program if extrcted,then you can used the English language...

Edited by hidao

14 hours ago, theelf said:

I really want to use DCbrowser, works very well,  but i have too many bluescreen with this browser

1 hour ago, theelf said:

If someone discover why DCBrowser crash windows often please write solution,  is not a bad browser beside this, works very well... until bluescreen

DCBrowser is "abandonware".

10 hours ago, hidao said:

Maybe you need the font of simsum...

Before I can try adding that font and put it in my windows directory I need to be able to launch the DC browser.

The first thing I'll do is see what those two dll files are for and check for different versions of it and put it in the DC browser directory and load the browser.

If need be I will do a dependency walker and check the dll files that the DC browser uses, and download different versions of the dlls and put it in the deck browser folder.

Hopefully it works at this point.

The 7-zip version I used is dated 2021-07-20 21.03 beta (x86). It does not appear to support opening "install shield" packages. I not aware of any program that can open any such package.

As stated by another member I tried the DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z, extracted it to c:\program files\dcbrowser and my desktop and it just crashes.

With the proper translation browser I may be able to post on the official website and maybe get  some insight on why it is not working.

no planned eta.

Edited by verta

DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z - I've extracted (use WinRar v3.9.1.1) to My Documents folder of course - and it works immediately, never bluescreens, or uninspected craches.

It's a pity that all our Chrome forks (DCBrowser, 360Chrome...) don't have never versions, so are abandonware for now...

But I still have hope, that @Humming Owl will take over the task with DCBrowser, which I consider the nicest (Dark Mode...) from all these...that it will remove this new tab with its never used (here) shortcuts, which only make the browser launch longer and its weight bigger. 

Thank you, that's all.

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z - I've extracted (use WinRar v3.9.1.1) to My Documents folder of course - and it works immediately, never bluescreens, or uninspected craches.

Same! No issues whatsoever.

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

But I still have hope, that @Humming Owl will take over the task with DCBrowser, which I consider the nicest (Dark Mode...) from all these...that it will remove this new tab with its never used (here) shortcuts, which only make the browser launch longer and its weight bigger.

I didn't (and don't) use new tab page either.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for the same, but not holding my breath. :whistle:

Edited by XPerceniol

14 hours ago, verta said:

Before I can try adding that font and put it in my windows directory I need to be able to launch the DC browser.

The first thing I'll do is see what those two dll files are for and check for different versions of it and put it in the DC browser directory and load the browser.

If need be I will do a dependency walker and check the dll files that the DC browser uses, and download different versions of the dlls and put it in the deck browser folder.

Hopefully it works at this point.

The 7-zip version I used is dated 2021-07-20 21.03 beta (x86). It does not appear to support opening "install shield" packages. I not aware of any program that can open any such package.

As stated by another member I tried the DCB_4.0.7.22_Modified.7z, extracted it to c:\program files\dcbrowser and my desktop and it just crashes.

With the proper translation browser I may be able to post on the official website and maybe get  some insight on why it is not working.

no planned eta.

https://dcbrowser.cqttech.com/feedback

You can used this url to contect the developer of DCbrowser

Or you can show me the problem as detailed as possible, I'll happy to help you to sent it to the devloper of Dcbrowser

15 hours ago, msfntor said:

Why why...

I hope more and more, that our beloved @Humming Owl will hear our chorus!

If you read through this entire thread, Humming Owl posted that he will no longer be updating any of these and there's been at least a dozen, if not two dozen, of these types of comments since.  None of them have been replied to by Humming Owl.

So keep on hoping until you turn blue, but these have been abandoned.

The instructions have been provided for somebody else to pick up the torch and carry it.

But I'm with Humming Owl on this, there are way too FEW of people that use these browsers for us to spend such a large amount of time on them.

I think also that too many folks around here don't really fully understand what me and Humming Owl did with these browsers - we did not recompile the "engine", so that needs done by the original developer which has also (seemingly) abandoned these browsers.