360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

11 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

The mind boggles as to what you must have to have to get into the red zone on the speedometer graphic!
Perhaps it's just for show......

I use Ungoogled Chromium v97 on my Win10 and it scores 300 plus.  It's the only browser I've ever seen break 300!

Newer Chrome/Chromium's score lower so I've stayed with v97.

My spreadsheets reference Speedometer 2.0, I did not know there was a 2.1 until just this week.

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

FWIW, here is the result of Speedometer 2.1 with New Moon 28, latest version 2022-11-03 on my 22 years old computer. This test lasted a long time. Therefore, no more tests on my old machine from me, unfortunately. Anyway, I thought people need to have something to laugh about here. lol6.gif And of course, I am interested in what values newer computers achieve compared to mine. :dubbio:

Speedometer-2-1-New-Moon-28.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie-smoke-041.gif

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

2.66 !!!???  Holy cow, Batman!

It should be noted that the "Speedometer" test takes several things into account.  I will get one result when running "fast" wi-fi, another result when connected directly to LAN.

Just to understand my very low result. This 22 years old computer is equipped with an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.80 GHz CPU (single core, 32 Bit), 1.5 GB SD-RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphic card with 256 MB. All hard disks are connected via IDE. You might understand now why the value is that low. :P :buehehe:

Edited by AstroSkipper

48 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Just as an off-topic aside, my latest 64 bit Firefox on Windows 10 only made 51.3 on Speedometer, and the latest Edge made 72.1.
The mind boggles as to what you must have to have to get into the red zone on the speedometer graphic!
Perhaps it's just for show......
:D

Not even the starship Enterprise pc in Star Trek would have done better !!! :D

6.jpg

Evidently the test can be "tricked" by browser settings.
My hardware is modest,I really don't think I have a stellar pc.

The tests I've used in the past are Speedometer 1.0, Speedometer 2.0, Basemark Web 3.0, Kraken 1.1, and SunSpider 1.0.2.

I know they all correlate to each other as far as scores go.  A browser that "wins" in one will also "win" in another.  A browser that "loses" in one will also "lose" in another.

12 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Sweet!  Please let us know if you can track down the browser settings.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to track which of my modifications can do this "magic".
All of the changes in settings I've made to Edge relate to privacy/security,but honestly that's too many settings I should check.
21 flags......various Command-Line,Appcontainer,Sandbox......honestly impossible in an acceptable time to come to an exact conclusion.:no:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

39 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to track which of my modifications can do this "magic".
All of the changes in settings I've made to Edge relate to privacy/security,but honestly that's too many settings I should check.
21 flags......various Command-Line,Appcontainer,Sandbox......honestly impossible in an acceptable time to come to an exact conclusion.:no:

My hunch is that you've only been able to trick the RESULT.

But the amount of TIME that the test takes should still tell you something for one browser versus another.

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:
3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

FWIW, here is the result of Speedometer 2.1 with New Moon 28, latest version 2022-11-03 on my 22 years old computer. This test lasted a long time. Therefore, no more tests on my old machine from me, unfortunately. Anyway, I thought people need to have something to laugh about here. lol6.gif And of course, I am interested in what values newer computers achieve compared to mine. :dubbio:

Speedometer-2-1-New-Moon-28.png

Cheers, AstroSkipper smilie-smoke-041.gif

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

2.66 !!!???  Holy cow, Batman!

It should be noted that the "Speedometer" test takes several things into account.  I will get one result when running "fast" wi-fi, another result when connected directly to LAN.

Just to understand my very low result. This 22 years old computer is equipped with an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.80 GHz CPU (single core, 32 Bit), 1.5 GB SD-RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphic card with 256 MB. All hard disks are connected via IDE. You might understand now why the value is that low. :P :buehehe:

The good and only comforting thing is that I hold the record with the lowest score. schilder-smilies-04-01-2007-081-by-smili

21 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My hunch is that you've only been able to trick the RESULT.

But the amount of TIME that the test takes should still tell you something for one browser versus another.

This is also correct.:yes:
I only have 2 browsers installed in the pc.
Firefox doesn't need all the accommodations I take in Edge for the privacy aspect.

Firefox on the test "appears" faster than Edge which moreover should be limited in speed for the JIT aspect.

But Edge resolves web pages faster than Firefox.
And this despite the fact that in Firefox I adopt significantly fewer rules in UBO than in Edge.

I tried opening the exe file with various archivers, but was not successful in hopes I could apply the translation patch.

Can someone share the translation to the below checkboxes. Then I can continue the installation...hopefully after clicking the install button there aren't any additional text to be translate ;) trying https://translate.yandex.com/ocr .. got the last image. I'll do the text part seperate, hopefully that translates the whole thing.

image.png.ffcce8604f0b24eaac067d7d7608e774.png

image.png.e741919de9c95cd904ee27af3f444dd5.png

got it ;)

image.translated.jpg

Edited by verta