360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

On 11/1/2022 at 1:29 PM, XPerceniol said:

Have you by chance tried DC Browser?

Shockingly, it still works quite well when others fail. Too bad it can't be updated any furthers.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, verta said:

I have not tried the DC Browser, but I have managed to resolve this issue by upgrading to 360Chrome version 13.5.

if you can post a link for the DC Browser I will take a look. 

Aside from THIS is how this "argument" started in the first place.  I obviously "failed", but the ONLY thing I was TRYING to do is to demonstrate that DcBrowser uses more RAM than 360Chrome.  Nobody else seems interested in "that" for some reason.  We all know that Chrome variants use a lot of RAM, no new "news" there.  :dubbio:

15 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thanks a lot! That are unbiased and objective findings. Same as mine. I think there is nothing more to say. :)

You're very welcome ! Someone has a problem with you ? Just call me © . :lol:

This screenshot I took on my "Emma", the torture PC, I mean the PC for tortures, testings, etc.

Emma (2008) has only 8GB of RAM and an ancient GTX 780 Ti with only 3GB of VRAM (a fossil from 2013).

And it consumes 560MB with only one empty page and no extensions ! Not to mention I switched off much bloat via flags.

I don't have the v. 13.5 installed on my main 32GB PC anymore, but it had even higher RAM consumtion on it.

EDIT: Emma name was given to honour mr. Bean and his girlfriend.

Edited by D.Draker
Emma name was given to honour mr. Bean and his girlfriend.

15 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm more interested in 360Chrome being compared to DcBrowser.  Every comparison I've done has thrown DcBrowser right to the Recycle Bin shortly thereafter.

DC browser, what engine it runs on ? The number.

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I currently use Chrome v97 on my systems with 32GB RAM. 

I currently use Chrome v102 on my systems with 32GB RAM.

I currently use Chrome un-gogoled, yes , don't laugh, I remember many of us had negativity towards it, but no choice, really. 

At least for now...

4 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

DC browser, what engine it runs on ? The number.

... Mentioned previously in this thread:

On 11/3/2022 at 12:13 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

DcBrowser is based on Chrome 75 while 360Chrome v13.5 is based on Chrome 86.

FWIW, this is the XP-compatible version 4 (last official 4 build being v4.0.7.22); version 5 is Chromium 86 based, latest version 6 is Chromium 101 based; v5 & v6 require Win7SP1 and higher...

http://dcbrowser.cqttech.com/

(What with Google services being banned in mainland China and DCBrowser targeting only the Chinese, a Google search for "dcbrowser" here did not return that homepage above :o ...)

Huge RAM use by 360Chrome 13.5 here too of course.

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.0610f0752b3776e298ed0f95fbee0594.png

No surprise to me, but fortunately it's still pretty fast on my system and doesn't seem to cause problems with anything else.
With very few exceptions, websites work with it, which is the important thing!
:yes:

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm more interested in 360Chrome being compared to DcBrowser.  Every comparison I've done has thrown DcBrowser right to the Recycle Bin shortly thereafter.

3 hours ago, VistaLover said:

DcBrowser is based on Chrome 75

No wonder there's almost non-existent interest in a browser that old. Current Chrome is 109.

18 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I am not necessarily a fan of the Chrome browser by nature. On my Android tablet, however, there is no getting around the Chrome browser. I use the latest versions of Opera, Brave and Kiwi there. The original Chrome browser from Google, however, is a real disaster and a data slinger. No-way.png In Windows XP, I usually try to avoid Chrome browsers if possible. smilie-denk-24.gif A pure Chrome 102 browser would be a no go for me in any case. I would prefer only good forks or mods of Chrome which consume less resources and are cleaned in terms of telemetry and privacy. :yes:

I use the ungoogled chrome. I should've mentioned earlier, sorry. You're totally right, no one can use the original.

MiniBrowser from this topic is based on Chromium 87.0.4280.66 and consumes only about 100mb of RAM, despite being newer than 360.

Also, it has only three instances running at the same time, compared to the four of the 360 13th version !

The screengrab is from the same "Emma" PC with 8GB od RAM.

Screenshot_20221104_170523.png

6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Huge RAM use by 360Chrome 13.5 here too of course.

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.0610f0752b3776e298ed0f95fbee0594.png

No surprise to me, but fortunately it's still pretty fast on my system and doesn't seem to cause problems with anything else.
With very few exceptions, websites work with it, which is the important thing!
:yes:

DAVE, it looks like it's with extensions enabled, the default should be four instances and about 600MB (approx. 150 each). Still is waaaay too much, compare to any chrome , look at my previous post or the next post.

Edited by D.Draker
the next post