360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

16 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Maybe you're the only one that keeps a browser history.

... He's not! :P As I'm the only person with access to this specific laptop, I protect "important" cookies (e.g. Cloudflare "clearance" ones, site account ones, etc.) via an extension - the rest are wiped out at browser launch - and also like to keep at least a month's worth of history of visited URLs and downloaded files - in all of my browsers; when history starts to contain items older than a month, they are manually deleted... 

Many a times I had forgotten where I saw something on line the "other day" (and neglected to bookmark :blushing: ...), then saved history came to my rescue :P ... But I appreciate different people have different workflows... ;)

Edited by VistaLover

10 hours ago, hidao said:

In the history,many years ago, Maybe we have used DST?

But only the old old people knowned that

(My own translation: 'In the past, perhaps many years ago, it's possible we (in China) were using DST... But only really old people would now know/remember that...')

Well, according to on-line sources:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/china
DST was last observed in China during 1991 (31 years ago); the clocks were put back 1hr on Sept 15th 1991 (to CST = GMT+0800), never to move again since ;) ...

Later edit, possibly off-topic :P: I'm not "old old" myself :), still old enough to remember that over here (Greece) DST would be applied for ca. 6 months (end of March through to end of September) until the year 1995; in an effort to "save" :whistle: even more daylight, starting in 1996, DST was extended to 7 months ("fall back" at the end of October) ...

Edited by VistaLover

On  https://browserspy.dk/date.php  all browsers show correct time for me, but 360Chrome (v11, v12, v13) shows as 1 hour late, if time is 10:00, 360Chrome shows 09:00.

Time Zone: (GMT+01:00), Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes ON.

As for the History, I can't really say because I don't keep History on 360Chrome for now.

On 9/26/2022 at 7:14 AM, VistaLover said:

(My own translation: 'In the past, perhaps many years ago, it's possible we (in China) were using DST... But only really old people would now know/remember that...')

Well, according to on-line sources:
https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/china
DST was last observed in China during 1991 (31 years ago); the clocks were put back 1hr on Sept 15th 1991 (to CST = GMT+0800), never to move again since ;) ...

Later edit, possibly off-topic :P: I'm not "old old" myself :), still old enough to remember that over here (Greece) DST would be applied for ca. 6 months (end of March through to end of September) until the year 1995; in an effort to "save" :whistle: even more daylight, starting in 1996, DST was extended to 7 months ("fall back" at the end of October) ...

HA, sorry about my bad English, In our country, most of people olny learned English from school, if we leaved to shcool, it's not useful in our life, so we always called our English is "Plastic English":buehehe:

56 minutes ago, we3fan said:

Thanks.

I guess 360Chrome doesn't detect DST changes.

You're right! Same here! 360Chrome is originally a Chinese browser. There is no multilanguage support. It lacks of localization and can't show the correct local time if there is DST in the time zone. Of course, one could change the system's time zone. But, why should one do that? The correct time zone in Windows itself is much more important. I would recommend to leave the system time zone as it is for the real location. There are other browsers which can do that correctly. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper temps1.gif

12 hours ago, we3fan said:

I guess 360Chrome doesn't detect DST changes.

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

and can't show the correct local time if there is DST in the time zone. Of course, one could change the system's time zone. But, why should one do that? The correct time zone in Windows itself is much more important.

... My dear Windows XP users/friends :) ...
I have already posted something that must have gone unnoticed by you... :(

All 3 variants of the 360EE browser are also popular with the Vista community, especially with users (such as I ;)) running the 32-bit (aka x86) version of the OS (those on Vista SP2 64-bit have the option to try Vista's Extended Kernel and launch recent versions of Mozilla Firefox (x64) and/or Google Chrome (x64) ) ...

You are "bad-mouthing", so-to-speak ;) , 360EE for not being able to apply DST correctly, but, from my point of view, this is just a "bug" of the browser on the WinXP OS (or, dare I say, a "bug" of WinXP itself :dubbio:?) ; from what posted thus far, it's still unclear to me whether that bug manifests itself too on WinXP EOL systems or only on the "POSReady"-enabled ones; this is something for the XP community to clarify, of course ;) ...

But, on the Vista side of things, 360EE behaves as it should with regards to applied DST; I'll re-post the snapshot of my "Time-and-Date" settings ("system time zone", as referenced by AstroSkipper ):

9v10TyB.jpg

... And here is how @NotHereToPlayGames's (Un-Googled) RePack of 360EEv13.5 (build 2022) loads and displays
https://browserspy.dk/date.php

j1Hm5nF.jpg

As you can see for yourselves, DST (GMT+0300) is being correctly detected for my timezone (EET=GMT+0200, set in the OS level) :thumbup ...

In closing, this indeed used to be a "Windows XP"-exclusive topic/thread and I understand some "XP-die-hards" (!) still feel displeased that it now has turned into a thread belonging to the "Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes" subforum; but, as things stand now, "Older NT-Family OSes" don't just comprise XP... For the sake of correctness, generalisations shouldn't be made or inferred...

TL;DR: 360EE versions purportedly do not apply/detect DST offsets as expected when those are correctly set at the OS level, but reports of that so far only involve Windows XP installations of 360EE...

Kindest regards :)

59 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... My dear Windows XP users/friends :) ...
I have already posted something that must have gone unnoticed by you... :(

All 3 variants of the 360EE browser are also popular with the Vista community, especially with users (such as I ;)) running the 32-bit (aka x86) version of the OS (those on Vista SP2 64-bit have the option to try Vista's Extended Kernel and launch recent versions of Mozilla Firefox (x64) and/or Google Chrome (x64) ) ...

You are "bad-mouthing", so-to-speak ;) , 360EE for not being able to apply DST correctly, but, from my point of view, this is just a "bug" of the browser on the WinXP OS (or, dare I say, a "bug" of WinXP itself :dubbio:?) ; from what posted thus far, it's still unclear to me whether that bug manifests itself too on WinXP EOL systems or only on the "POSReady"-enabled ones; this is something for the XP community to clarify, of course ;) ...

But, on the Vista side of things, 360EE behaves as it should with regards to applied DST; I'll re-post the snapshot of my "Time-and-Date" settings ("system time zone", as referenced by AstroSkipper ):

9v10TyB.jpg

... And here is how @NotHereToPlayGames's (Un-Googled) RePack of 360EEv13.5 (build 2022) loads and displays
https://browserspy.dk/date.php

j1Hm5nF.jpg

As you can see for yourselves, DST (GMT+0300) is being correctly detected for my timezone (EET=GMT+0200, set in the OS level) :thumbup ...

In closing, this indeed used to be a "Windows XP"-exclusive topic/thread and I understand some "XP-die-hards" (!) still feel displeased that it now has turned into a thread belonging to the "Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes" subforum; but, as things stand now, "Older NT-Family OSes" don't just comprise XP... For the sake of correctness, generalisations shouldn't be made or inferred...

TL;DR: 360EE versions purportedly do not apply/detect DST offsets as expected when those are correctly set at the OS level, but reports of that so far only involve Windows XP installations of 360EE...

Kindest regards :)

Thanks for your detailed clarification! I didn't notice that, indeed. I do not use Windows Vista, and logically I do not read threads in the dedicated Vista forum, either. Of course,  I can only confirm that on Windows XP, 360Chrome does not show the correct local time if there is DST in the time zone as it is the case here in Germany. But New Moon 28 does. Therefore, I assume it is rather a problem of Chrome browsers in Windows XP than a bug in Windows XP itself. I read a lot of such posts and articles about Chrome and its DST problems in the internet. It does not seem to be a rare problem. :dubbio: Anyway, thanks again!

Kindest regards, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hello @VistaLover! You are absolutely right! smilie_e_004.gif Sorry again for my generalization regarding 360Chrome and DSTsmilie_o_004.gif
Next time, I will clearly define the conditions under which my statements are valid, as I usually do. Just strictly mathematical! To check my statements, I opened the web page https://browserspy.dk/date.php in Advanced Chrome. And here, the local time is displayed correctly. To illustrate this, here is a screenshot of Advanced Chrome's 
Date and Time Information on BrowserSPY compared to my system time:

Advanced-Chrome-Date-and-time.png

Advanced Chrome is
based on Chrome 49/51/54 48/51/54, which seems to be more compatible with Windows XP, or, simply better ported than 360Chrome v11, and is able to show the correct local time. If there were a bug in Windows XP itself, Advanced Chrome wouldn't show the correct local time. According to this, I believe that neither Windows XP itself nor the POSReady updates are responsible for this error. Anyway, I can only confirm that on Windows XP Professional SP3 fully POSReady updated, the browser 360Chrome v11.0.2031 rebuild 8 (ArcticFoxie) does not show the correct local time if there is DST in the time zone as it is the case here in Germany. 
W
ithout any claim of correctness, my conclusion is forcibly the following: The browser 360Chrome v11 is based on Chrome 69, which was not originally developed for Windows XP, either, and probably much more incompatible than Chrome 49/52/54 48/51/54. Thus, I suspect that something went wrong when restoring XP compatibility in 360Chrome. In contrast, establishing Vista compatibility apparently went smoothly. All of it only in terms of the local time in combination with DST, of course.

Kindest regards, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Advanced Chrome is based on Chrome 49/52/54,

... A moot point now probably :whistle: but, according to its maintainer, the last AdvChr54 build (54.20.6530.0) released on Jan 12th 2018 was mostly based on 48+51+54:

http://web.archive.org/web/20180112094959/https://browser.taokaizen.com/

Custom Build:

Custom Build is special since it contains a mix of different branches, mostly from chrome version 51 and some parts of versions 54 and 48.

Features of this version are:

• Compatible with Windows XP.

NB that while Google Chrome 48 was XP-compatible, versions 51/54 were NOT ;) ...

Off-Topic (slightly? :P) : I launched AdvChr54 just a short while ago, after many months of not using it, and I'm really sad of how broken it has become :( ... I won't even mention the complete lack of extension support by the Google Store and extension authors (CRX2-packaged extensions aren't supported / offered by the GS anymore :( ), but its rendering engine is even struggling with "simple" sites such as MSFN:

VmqjaKw.jpg

... Such a shame :no: ...
So, despite their flaws, I think "we" (XP+Vista users) are fortunate enough to have access to the 360EE family of browsers :) ...
The big question now is: How much further into the future a Chromium-86-based fork will get "us" ? :dubbio:

Edited by VistaLover

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

... A moot point now probably :whistle: but, according to its maintainer, the last AdvChr54 build (54.20.6530.0) released on Jan 12th 2018 was mostly based on 48+51+54:

My source must have had the wrong version numbers then. My source wasn't read correctly by me. smilie_o_004.gifIt's simply much better to use original sources as you did. :yes: I didn't find the release info on the homepage anymore and didn't think of the Wayback Machine. :whistle: Thanks for your research and correction! You can be relied on! Unfortunately, the process of dying of 360Chrome v11 is also in full swing. On VirusTotal (new interface), it no longer works at all, and on GitHub, it does not work properly, either. All in the last few weeks. :angry: And here, your post from August (my source! :crazy:):

On 8/10/2022 at 8:30 PM, VistaLover said:

BTW, and this has been discussed quite a few times in the MSFN forums, be it in the past, Advanced Chrome wasn't in reality based on Chrome 54; much of it is in essence Chromium 48 based, with only traces of code borrowed from Ch49/52/54...

I wrote so much in the last days, I misread your post! glass2.gif Frankly and also tragically, I think it won't be long when Chromium-86-based forks don't work properly, either. :(

Greetings from a "blind" man! AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

@AstroSkipper

... If you were trying to be funny there (with an overly generous dose of sarcasm on top of it ;) ), I can tell you I was not amused (but I, no doubt, expect some other members were -_- ... ) .

Bringing this all back (thanks to you, no less :whistle:), my Aug 10th post (you quoted from) was made during my recovery period from Covid19[O5-variant] infection and at a time when the third (was it fourth?) heatwave had hit my area... Yes, I had been obese and did not double-check the accuracy of the AdvChr54-related details contained there-in :( :blushing: ; instead, I relied on a "memory-based" recollection, which turned to be faulty...
 In any case, the point I was trying to make there was to dispel the general "notion" (especially among XP-users) that
AdvChr54 should be considerably better than Chrome 49 (EoS for XP+Vista), since it's "54-based" (it's the same misconception surrounding Serpent 55.0.0); the emphasis should've been on:

On 8/10/2022 at 9:30 PM, VistaLover said:

Advanced Chrome wasn't in reality based on Chrome 54

So, the accurate info should've read:

On 8/10/2022 at 9:30 PM, VistaLover said:

much of it is in essence Chromium 48 51 based, with only traces parts of code borrowed from Ch48/52/54...

Being over 50 isn't turning as I had envisioned :( and one thing that's becoming apparent is that "memory" isn't always on my side; but if I had to forego completely "from memory" and double/triple check everything I post here (and elsewhere), I'd need double the time to post things and possibly end up posting one third of what I already have posted... :( Several posts of mine in the form of "analysis" obviously have been proof-read and more carefully researched, but not all "short-reply-formed" ones...

I have never myself claimed I'm not prone to errors (after all, "errare humanum est") nor immune to criticism, so your "error-pointing" would have been quite welcome, had it not been laced with sarcasm... -_-

And just so you are aware, my previous post in this thread was not just to get to you (I have more important things to be worried about, both in RL and on the web), but it just so happens I only recently visited the "taokaizen" home page for an un-related subject and then, like you, noticed just this line: 

05 - Jan - 2018 .- Updated Custom Build to 54.20.6530.0

without more detailed Release Info for v54 :( ; it was based on that date I retrieved the original announcement via Web Archive ;) ... 
And there it was I saw (anew) Chrome versions 48, 51 being mentioned... Else, I'd have continued under the (false) belief of v49, 52 ,,,

Often times I find Google return as result one of my "articles"/posts from 3-4 years ago (mostly from GitHub+MSFN), and, quite frankly, I don't remember fully every detail in them :(; is that Alzheimer's setting in :dubbio:? God forbid, hopefully not! :no: