360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

12 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Since both are based on the very same Chromium core, web-compatibility wise they should behave identically...
13.5's GUI simply lacks the bottom status bar, hence I prefer 13.0 instead...

My copy of 13.5 has a bottom status bar.
:dubbio:

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.6a677dc2424f3139eaef75e8c77c42fe.png

1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

b) provide specific URLs for the "problems" you cite, instead of "generic" terms like:

My System is Windows XP Pro 32-bit with 8GB (3GB for Windows available) with Phenom II X4 945.

I don't want to announce a specific address because it is a passport-protected page on the Internet and should not be public.
It only affects the pages with a password query which is created by e.g. Confixx. A password query with e.g. PHP works.

... Now the pages work.
In the contex menu there was "Switch to chrome" and when I clicked that it worked.

Edited by Anbima

Some people may not have status bars because they mix-and-match "skins".

Or they've disabled the status bar in the settings page toolbar section  --  chrome://settings/uiStyle

Regarding "safer", there is no such thing!  If you want "safer", then do not use anything but Microsoft's latest-and-greatest operating system and Mozilla's or Google's latest-and-greatest web browser.  PERIOD.

For those of us that don't give a rat's butt about "safety" and "security" (and are smart enough to control those aspects "granularly"), the LONG LIVE XP and the web browsers back-ported for XP.

I have seen XP-ported browsers not make any connection to China.  But ran the same EXACT browser on Win7 and it connects to China.  So "testing" is in the eye of the beholder.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have seen XP-ported browsers not make any connection to China.  But ran the same EXACT browser on Win7 and it connects to China.  So "testing" is in the eye of the beholder.

You may be right. Nevertheless, it is always a question of trust. And if you have the choice between a Chinese browser that was modified by Russians, and then not fully translated into the English language, and on the other hand a browser that was ported from the Mozilla community, the choice is not really difficult in terms of security and privacy. Right? I use the 360Chrome browsers, too, but only rarely. I would neither enter any passwords, secret information, nor any payment related data into one of these 360Chrome browsers. I do not trust them at all! And, today even less than before! And to be honest, it would not matter to me whatever the outcome of any safety tests. jexplique.gif My main browsers are New Moon 28, Serpent 52, and Mypal 68. 360Chrome browsers are only fed by me with Google-infested rubbish, where security and privacy don't matter anyway. :) But, as paradoxical as it may sound, I am still glad that these Chrome browsers exist in Windows XP. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

I call BS!

The only way to truly be "safe" or "secure" or whatever HYPE you want to call it, is to NEVER USE A WEB BROWSER.

Thinking ANY browser is protecting your "privacy" any more than another browser is just HYPE and PROPAGANDA.

If you are ON the internet, then you have WAIVED any and all sense of "privacy rights".  PERIOD.

10 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

You may be right. Nevertheless, it is always a question of trust. And if you have the choice between a Chinese browser that was modified by Russians, and then not fully translated into the English language, and on the other hand a browser that was ported from the Mozilla community, the choice is not really difficult in terms of security and privacy.

Mapal is developed by a person from Ukraine. Is that much different?

And on Mypal68 I have problems with BSOD's.
I've been using Mypal for a long time, but 360Chrome is significantly faster.

5 hours ago, Anbima said:

Mapal is developed by a person from Ukraine. Is that much different?

Both, the abandoned Mypal 29 and the current Mypal 68, were and are great projects. The sources they were ported from can be trusted. BTW, Mypal 68 is based on Firefox 68. And moreover, @feodor2 can be trusted in the same way as @roytam1. 360Chrome browsers are basically Chinese browsers, modified Chrome browsers, full of telemetric implementations, spyware and ads. It doesn't matter where the developer comes from. It's more a question of sources and trust. I wrote programs for our TLS proxies, and I am German. And now? jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

4 hours ago, Anbima said:

I've been using Mypal for a long time, but 360Chrome is significantly faster.

You can't have used Mypal 68 for that long, it's only been around for a few months. :dubbio: Please, don't forget it is still under development and in a beta state! And, I can't confirm your assessment at all. Mypal 68 is faster and more resource-efficient than the 360Chrome browsers. BTW, we are of course talking about Mypal 68 in single process mode. Anyway, sorry  sorry.gif , but the truth has to be told! smilie_e_004.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I wrote programs for our TLS proxies, and I am German.

What can I do with this program?

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

You can't have used Mypal 68 for that long, it's only been around for a few months.

I didn't write that I've been using Mypal68 for a long time.
I've been using Mypal for a long time.

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

And, I can't confirm your assessment at all. Mypal 68 is faster and more resource-efficient than the 360Chrome browsers.

In my tests are in multi-process mode. What changes did you make to the downloaded version?
I would like to use Mypal again.

Can we write somewhere in German?

30 minutes ago, Anbima said:

In my tests are in multi-process mode. What changes did you make to the downloaded version?
I would like to use Mypal again.

Read my article! 

33 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Can we write somewhere in German?

BTW, MSFN is an English-speaking forum only! Therefore unfortunately, no! :huh:

7 hours ago, Dave-H said:

There is no problem using other languages than English in personal messages here as far as I know.
If conversing in German is more comfortable, use that system.
:yes:

Of course! I can write PMs in any language I want to use. But, that wasn't the intention of my statement! PM is meant for personal or private communication, and that isn't the case here. I generally do not answer questions on the topic of a thread via PM. I did that once, and I will never do it again. :no: Any requests and their answers or solutions to technical problems should be posted in the appropriate threads so that others can participate and benefit from them. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content