360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

media.mediasource.enabled;true

media.mediasource.mp4.enabled;true

media.mediasource.webm.enabled;false

media.webm.enabled;true

media.mediasource.webm.audio.enabled;true

Thank you, and while i realize your reply wasn't to me, It would appear I have conflicting prefs going on here and I wasn't aware until reading your posting. 

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

media.mediasource.enabled;true

media.mediasource.mp4.enabled;true

media.mediasource.webm.enabled;false

media.webm.enabled;true

media.mediasource.webm.audio.enabled;true

Thank you, and while i realize your reply wasn't to me, It would appear I have conflicting prefs going on here and I wasn't aware until reading your posting. 

most were enabled.. still don't work

Microsoft maded avalaible for Windows 7 ESU year 4, 5 and 6. Chrome ends support for this OS in January 2023 maybe you could be interrest in modify a Chrome browser in the future like catsxp or similar

9 hours ago, dextyckroms said:

Microsoft maded avalaible for Windows 7 ESU year 4, 5 and 6. Chrome ends support for this OS in January 2023 maybe you could be interrest in modify a Chrome browser in the future like catsxp or similar

Where did you find out about a year 4-6 for W7 ESU? I don't see anything about that anywhere. AFAIK, there are only 3 years, ending Jan 2023

1 hour ago, InterLinked said:

Where did you find out about a year 4-6 for W7 ESU? I don't see anything about that anywhere. AFAIK, there are only 3 years, ending Jan 2023

... Speculations only, for the time being :P ... Nothing official coming from MS themselves: 

https://www.ghacks.net/2022/07/15/it-looks-as-if-microsoft-could-extend-windows-7-support-by-three-years/

Source (in German): https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2022/07/13/kb5015861-kb5015862-windows-7-sicherheitsupdate-juli-2022/

(mirrored by:  

https://techlog360.com/microsoft-plans-to-extend-support-for-windows-7-until-2026/

https://winaero.com/microsoft-intends-to-extend-paid-support-for-windows-7-until-2026/

and many others... ) ;)

Edited by VistaLover

It would make sense. W7 was the last non-spyware (if well set up) version of MS. W8 already was banned for governmental use in GE among others, I reckon. Many will resist (or be prevented from) "upgrading" from W7 and move to linux if support is not extended.

5 hours ago, VistaLover said:

Wow, first thing Microsoft's done right in years!

I look forward to the press release.

26 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

It would make sense. W7 was the last non-spyware (if well set up) version of MS. W8 already was banned for governmental use in GE among others, I reckon. Many will resist (or be prevented from) "upgrading" from W7 and move to linux if support is not extended.

Yup...

But don't let MS tell you what OS to use. Support is a benefit, but not a requirement.

22 hours ago, InterLinked said:

Wow, first thing Microsoft's done right in years!

I look forward to the press release.

That's nothing new to me, really. It's just that paid support (Win7 ESU) will be extended. Nothing else new as usual from M$.

22 hours ago, InterLinked said:

Yup...

But don't let MS tell you what OS to use. Support is a benefit, but not a requirement.

Yes, that's the key.

Quite similar to my prior posting on another thread - the hard work that went into these browsers by our developers should not just become an afterthought. I still use arcticfoxie 360V11 and DC Browser and will continue to do so long as they works. V13 and 13.5 is still a great browser for those that have enough resources.

Thank you @cmccaff1 and hopefully people won't just give up on Chrome for XP and these browser - I believe there is still work to be done, and perhaps they weren't advertised (pushed) enough or in the best effective way to get the attention of XP users. I always enjoyed limited conversations between myself and @NotHereToPlayGames, was always kind and helpful. I also found @Humming Owl to be helpful beyond this topic in other areas when helping me with my HP Printer one time.

A lot or hard work and passion went into development and we can't let that fade into irrelevance just like that. 

Take good care everyone and be well :)

17 hours ago, Hunterw said:

April 22 build,

edit jisu9_chrome to jisu9 in user data/default/preferences does nothing. Is there a way to change the theme? :unsure:

Hmmm ... well you're welcome to this one that was from an early build of @Humming Owl V11. Of course, you can empty (edit with notepad and delete to create fake file) and you'll be at a blank tan theme that we've often called here "skinless"

You need to edit and put that file in:

C:\Program Files\360\11.0.2031.0\skin

I created a folder named 360 in Program Files directory for instance - need to be in the skin folder.

jisu11.srx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. What switches do you use running 360chrome directly (...\Chrome\Application\360chrome.exe --xxx) while still being able to run whatsappweb? It works without switches, but I want to limit as much the amount of stuff it loads... Thanks!