360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

8 hours ago, rereser said:

v11 360chrome will present a green padlock but connection remains "insecure".
it is just hidden by the browser so the user feels safe.

Hmmm ... I'n on V11 and no issues with the https in green?

cert.thumb.JPG.78325159d7a2cdcbabc52021ebf34b14.JPG

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

That's strange.
Perhaps you're seeing cached versions?
:dubbio:

emm...you are right, I clicked ctrl+F5 to refresh this website, the flag is missing...

hidao.org_2022-6-26_0-21-44.png

6 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Mypal 68 shows a green, secure connection to Cloudflare.

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

It's fine on good old soldiering on Firefox 52.9 ESR too!

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And additionally, a screenshot of the Cloudflare certificate details (in Mypal 68):

Nothing to be in awe of... :P Mozilla Firefox based browsers/forks come with their own TLS implementations, as well as their own Certificate Store; IE and Chromium forks rely on the OS certificate store (WinCert Store), hence the errors reported (due to well-known crypto deficiencies of WinXP SP3...); FTR, Serpent 52.9.0 (by roytam1) also has no issues with MSFN (and other CF) certs (nor do 360EEv12/13 "here" ;) , because Vista SP2 has no problems dealing with ECC... :whistle:) ...

Cheers :)

Edited by VistaLover

1 hour ago, Dave-H said:

I'm just surprised that Firefox 52.9 ESR's built-in certificates still work when it dates from 2018

Nothing to be surprised about... :P
Taking "msfn.org" as the example here, the site's certificate authenticity is verified via a cert chain that ends with a built-in root called "ISRG Root X1"; its validity starts June 6th 2015, so ca. 3 yrs before FxESR 52.9.1 was released:

KGekWyt.jpg

Now, the important thing here is when that root expires, which is June 4th 2035, so I'd say you're safe :) ...
But even if built-in root certs expire, the user is still able to manually delete the expired ones and substitute them (manually) with updated ones (provided, of course, he's gotten hold of them, first ;) )...

Tc0BMNH.jpg

(... Belated apologies for the OT :sneaky:, since this is a 360EE thread, but one thing led to another ;) ...)

Edited by VistaLover

On 6/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, Humming Owl said:

Hello. If you refer to v13.0.2310.0, the lastest update for it was on 04/25/22. The lastest updates for v9, v11, v12 and v13.0.2250.0 were done after v13.0.2310.0, that is why the dates are different. They are all in Internet Archive.

Cheers.

I've been using v11 for a while. It works very well thanks for your effort. But I found issue with extension when Adguard installed. When I tried to select Specific Language filter and clicked Adguard chinese filter the setting can't be remembered after returned top menu. Such issue isn't found in Minibrowser though. Thanks.

1 hour ago, vidx21 said:

I've been using v11 for a while. It works very well thanks for your effort. But I found issue with extension when Adguard installed. When I tried to select Specific Language filter and clicked Adguard chinese filter the setting can't be remembered after returned top menu. Such issue isn't found in Minibrowser though. Thanks.

Hi there..

Yeah, sad to say, V11 is starting to show its age, hate to say it. I'm still using it, but, regrettably I've gone back to Serpent as my default. You will notice that V13 is still working very well, but is like a hoover vacuum when it comes to resources. Lol ... :)

Have to give it top priority and cut back anything in the background which is a pain in the keister to have to do. Mini Browser after the last update doesn't work for me, but very grateful to all @Humming Owl and all involved and sad these browsers are only an afterthought given the hard work that went into it ;(

Again, Still going to stay with V11 (I use ArcticFoxie build) but expect things to not work right as time goes on ... and there are other extensions besides Adguard that people use without issue here you could try.

Good luck!

Hi again..

You could also take a look at this thread by our own @Sampei.Nihira ... I do hope you are doing well as I've not seen you around as much lately.

On my @NotHereToPlayGames v11 just now...

spacer.png

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/04/26/evaluate-your-content-blocker-with-ad-block-tester/

Give it a try :)

Edited by XPerceniol

14 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi again..

You could also take a look at this thread by our own @Sampei.Nihira ... I do hope you are doing well as I've not seen you around as much lately.

On my @NotHereToPlayGames v11 just now...

spacer.png

https://www.ghacks.net/2021/04/26/evaluate-your-content-blocker-with-ad-block-tester/

Give it a try :)

Thanks for your advice. I will give a try. BTW, the ArcticFoxie build you mentioned is same telemetry-free modified as the build posted in this thread? Thanks.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:59 PM, Dave-H said:

I'm just surprised that Firefox 52.9 ESR's built-in certificates still work when it dates from 2018, but I'm not complaining!
:)

Hi, Dave, I just last night finished up comparing my prefs to the latest Serpent and put on my thinking cap (I found one at a local flea market used ... hehe) and made changes that MC made to theirs and left some of FF 52.9.1 and spoofed to FF62 everything works very well still for me, as well.

8 hours ago, vidx21 said:

Thanks for your advice. I will give a try. BTW, the ArcticFoxie build you mentioned is same telemetry-free modified as the build posted in this thread? Thanks.

You're welcome. To go even a bit further backward, @Humming Owl's...

Version: 9.5.0.138
Based on Chromium: 63.0.3239.132

Is super fast without the telemetry as well if you're looking for a light browser, but the internet is getting cruel towards us; sadly.

Edited by XPerceniol

Resource consumption is not my big concern so far. v12 is totally fine with me. I am wondering if Arcticfoxie build posted in another thread

is same telemetry-free effective as this one? Thanks.

Edited by vidx21

13 hours ago, vidx21 said:

Resource consumption is not my big concern so far. v12 is totally fine with me. I am wondering if Arcticfoxie build posted in another thread

Unfortunately, I've avoided V12 altogether because I see no reason to use it. For me, its just as annoying as V13 in that videos still skip (less so in DC Browser), so, for me, its either V11 or go right to V13; and if you're not concerned with resources, I would recommend V13 or 13.5. The advantage is that Arctic Foxie ungoogled builds take it a step further to deal with the google cookies, but both had telemetry removed, so yes to your question.

That is just my humble (and simple) opinion, and of course, you know what they say about opinions ...:roll1:

Edited by XPerceniol

On 7/1/2022 at 9:46 AM, vidx21 said:

Some issues with persistent storage with extensions tend to appear with 360EE. Try using an equivalent adblock extension if you want to test if the same happens.

13 hours ago, vidx21 said:

It is exactly the same just with a XP theme, some custom flags (configurations) when starting the browser and the capacity of installing extensions directly from the google webstore removed. All of which can be added to what I share.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

...It is exactly the same just with a XP theme...

Indeed, cool blue skin he created, but I actually use your skin file from an early build of yours (in my picture above a few posting) that I just uploaded - fits my classic XP theme that I use :)

Oh, and did I mention DC Browser ... :sneaky: ... still works!

jisu11.srx

Edited by XPerceniol