360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

I am 1,234,567% positive that "Palette Title" affected my 360Chrome registry setting in XP x86 the other day but I cannot repeat that today.

I changed it from Tahoma to Arial then back again the other day but it's locked at Tahoma today and won't change with any system setting.

Personally I'm not too worried about emojis in title bars and that sort of thing, especially if it gets into hacking around with system fonts.
Having the emojis back in the Instagram and YouTube comments through adding the extra font from Windows 10 is good though, even if they are only in black and white!
:)

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Having the emojis back in the Instagram and YouTube comments

I don't use either of these "apps" but this sounds like something that should be "fixed" via Stylus/Stylem as opposed to "non-standard" OS fonts.

edit - To clarify, I have some finance sites that use "non-standard" fonts in the web site's toolbar menu.  More aptly they should be called "glyphs" as opposed to a "font" (but the idea is identical to that of an "emoji").

I use Stylus to change the font name that way I don't need to install the (childish, IMO) "glyphs" font (and I don't need to 'enable' a ssl finance site to connect to a third-party non-ssl just for a couple of "glyphs").

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

@Humming Owl I have tested 360 extreme explorer and minibrowser. The 360 extreme explorer browser is good, unfortunately it hangs from time to time. I found the minibrowser the best. It looks the most like Chrome. This browser is also the most stable. On the whole, you can say that both are good. It would be nice if there was an installer, because currently it's a bit cumbersome to access the browser.

Best regards :)

Edited by maile3241

32 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I don't use either of these "apps" but this sounds like something that should be "fixed" via Stylus/Stylem as opposed to "non-standard" OS fonts.

edit - To clarify, I have some finance sites that use "non-standard" fonts in the web site's toolbar menu.  More aptly they should be called "glyphs" as opposed to a "font" (but the idea is identical to that of an "emoji").

I use Stylus to change the font name that way I don't need to install the (childish, IMO) "glyphs" font (and I don't need to 'enable' a ssl finance site to connect to a third-party non-ssl just for a couple of "glyphs").

I think that messing with hacked system fonts is asking for trouble, but getting the emojis back was simply a matter of adding one font which didn't exist at all on the operating system by default, and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather see the emojis, even in black and white, than rows of empty rectangles.
:yes:

I guess that's my Proxomitron background.

Proxomitron began as a means to take a web page like that (which took 44 seconds to fully load!) and block "crap" and get the page to load in under 5 seconds instead.

But "back in the day", it wasn't emojis that slowed page load to a crawl, it was "banners and ads and popups".

Some people like "cute and cuddly" 'stickers' plastered all over their web page - some do not  :cool:

On 4/19/2022 at 5:10 PM, Dave-H said:

I think that messing with hacked system fonts is asking for trouble, but getting the emojis back was simply a matter of adding one font which didn't exist at all on the operating system by default, and I'm quite happy with that. I'd rather see the emojis, even in black and white, than rows of empty rectangles.
:yes:

I'm going to leave my fonts as is, but youtube is still messed up on my Arctic Foxie 360 V11 and on some sites but fine with Serpent and FF 52.9.1. spacer.png

These are my settings - I've not changed them and left them at the defaults. 

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

There is no "modification fix" to v11 to resolve rem/em fonts.  These will always occur with Chromium v69 browsers.

This "bug" dates back to 2013 (circa version 24 through 31) and was never fixed until v79 (after originally being scheduled for v77 (I've read some unverified reports that some users of v81 still have this rem/em font-size issue).

I fix these using Proxomitron, they can just as easily be fixed via Tampermonkey.  Another fix is Stylus.

Or just fix them "when encountered" by using the "Inspect" console and unchecking the problematic font-family or font-size.

image.png.8c46f3fd4f9214e17a5f1c3c3f377832.png