360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

1 hour ago, dextyckroms said:

Today i installed sogou_explorer_11.0.1_0722.exe in sandboxie, install and open fast, internet was restringed. chome://version and chrome://flag doesnt work, but i read is chromium 86.0 based

https://dlie.sogoucdn.com/se/sogou_explorer_11.0.1_0722.exe

There is a 12.04.xxxxx version but can find any link to download
GuRUFxw.jpg

V12 is a beta version based on Chrome 87, it's named "Smart" version by sogou, but i think it's a more ad version...

Link: https://dlie.sogoucdn.com/se/sogou_explorer_12.0.1_1125.exe

Sogou Browser Wisdom Edition is based on cloud + end mode, is the first deep convergence search and browser technology Internet products.The analysis results can be intelligently adjusted from the cloud mass information, and return to the user end in real time.

What is the difference between the wisdom version and the traditional version?

The biggest feature of smart version is to add "Sogou Discovery" function, it can help you find the information you want faster.It is based on search technology, and the recommended resources are validated by hundreds of millions of netizens, and it is worth depending on.

Use it to shorten your distance from the target content, let quality information take the initiative to find you.

Software features

Users will find that through the "Sogou Discovery" feature in the browser, the content you are interested in is displayed below the page.For example, when you see a heavy news in the morning, "Sogou discovers" will recommend the information, pictures, videos related to it, so that users have an understanding of the incident, the latest developments; for those of them, public figures, place names orSpecialized terms, will push the relevant encyclopedia information order users to get new knowledge; if you want to see what you have, you may want to turn out the "netizens spit" all kinds of god comments.

If you are online shopping, the price is compared through the price of the whole network, and the difference between the mall and Taobao shop sellers, "Sogou discovers" help you choose the opportunity and price of buying, and there is "price reduction reminder"Function monitoring item price.

When a user browses the film and television website, "Sogou Discovery" In addition to providing a positive one-click play link, it can help users chasing the stars together, and the full drama diversity introduction to the protagonist is automatically rendered.It's not addiction, but also provides more similar videos for users to choose.

"Sogou discovery" can also help users find the real download address of the software and mobile app, avoiding various download interference directly one button download; except for the official installation package, the software's green version or special edition is also available for users.

By extracting big data mining and Internet wisdom, Sogou browser has become the first Internet product that will search and browser technology depth. After the input method, another new member of Sogou Smart products, realized from tools to service qualityleap.Sogou's vice president Judi Yun said to this: "Sogou browser wisdom version realizes the Internet innovation of 'does not search", can help users choose to browse the browsing, so that the information is easier. "

Update log

renew:

Sogou browser launched a wisdom version of Beta, equipped with a new "Sogou Discovery" function, help you find the information you want faster and more directly, create a new browser experience.

The services and content of "Sogou Discovery" covers news, shopping, film, comics, games, tourism and other fields, follow-up to expand according to user needs.

Edited by hidao

On 4/2/2022 at 8:00 AM, hidao said:

The SogouExplorer 11.0 (Based on Chrome 80) could used in WinXP, but in China we all known it's a rogue software like(or more than) 360, do you have any plan to mod it ?

I did tried to mod this one after finishing with DC Browser and it seemed like another good alternative, I tested first with an older version (based on Chromium 72). I then saw 2 big problems, the first one being that the language could not be changed (removing the "locales" folder didn't had any effect over the interface, so I guess it was hardcoded into the DLLs - only guessing) and, some files that I think are compressed cannot be openened with any decompressor I know about (7-zip asks me for a password, so the company may have a custom compressor or a security password). Aside from that, it ran very well on my old laptop. If someone know a way to open those type of compressed files and know how to change the language of this browser then I can try to mod it.

I've seen that there was a chinese page in which most of these browsers were modded, maybe one of those developers could have the answer, but I don't know how to comunicate with them. 

I think this was the page --> http://www.qiuquan.cc/browser/360chrome.html

Cheers

8 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I did tried to mod this one after finishing with DC Browser and it seemed like another good alternative, I tested first with an older version (based on Chromium 72). I then saw 2 big problems, the first one being that the language could not be changed (removing the "locales" folder didn't had any effect over the interface, so I guess it was hardcoded into the DLLs - only guessing) and, some files that I think are compressed cannot be openened with any decompressor I know about (7-zip asks me for a password, so the company may have a custom compressor or a security password). Aside from that, it ran very well on my old laptop. If someone know a way to open those type of compressed files and know how to change the language of this browser then I can try to mod it.

I've seen that there was a chinese page in which most of these browsers were modded, maybe one of those developers could have the answer, but I don't know how to comunicate with them. 

I think this was the page --> http://www.qiuquan.cc/browser/360chrome.html

Cheers

We don't know the where is the language package and don't know how to edit it

You found the "devloper" is not real devloper, I don't want to say that, but they only make some extract and  package and mod little things, These worked were more less than you

15 hours ago, hidao said:

We don't know the where is the language package and don't know how to edit it

You found the "devloper" is not real devloper, I don't want to say that, but they only make some extract and  package and mod little things, These worked were more less than you

Oh, ok. I thanks for the info.

Either way, messing around a little I found a way to translate some parts of the browser (I hope it can be used for all the chinese), but it will take many time. The chinese is hardcoded into the "Dialog.dll" file. I have to do a conversion to get the actual chinese characters but it is doable. However, since the space to write the translation is very limited, I might need to insert like a legend so people can actually know what a button or a dialog says.

Is it possible to insert new sections to a DLL file without breaking it? I am asking because it would be way cleaner that way. I am open to any suggestions and I know that maybe it can be impossible given my experience with that.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

42 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

However, since the space to write the translation is very limited, I might need to insert like a legend so people can actually know what a button or a dialog says.

Pretty much what I expected.  Will make the browser interface EXTREMELY difficult to use.  12-character "words" compressed to 6-character "abbreviations".  8 compressed to 4.  16 compressed to 8.  I didn't dive deep enough to get that far, but deep enough to know I would not like using a browser with "abbreviations" all over the place.

6 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Oh, ok. I thanks for the info.

Either way, messing around a little I found a way to translate some parts of the browser (I hope it can be used for all the chinese), but it will take many time. The chinese is hardcoded into the "Dialog.dll" file. I have to do a conversion to get the actual chinese characters but it is doable. However, since the space to write the translation is very limited, I might need to insert like a legend so people can actually know what a button or a dialog says.

Is it possible to insert new sections to a DLL file without breaking it? I am asking because it would be way cleaner that way. I am open to any suggestions and I know that maybe it can be impossible given my experience with that.

Cheers.

Sorry, I don't know how to edit the .dll, But I found a tool could to extract the language .pak, Even I know it's not useful to SogouExplorer

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9xu33fcdn9hcw42/pak_tools.exe/file

hidao.org_2022-4-9_7-57-51.png.e60bfbf60a9d2f74d4674a3bd2868bf7.png

I have gotten MiniBrowser working on XP64 by renaming the missing SetProcessDEPPolicy function in MiniBrowser.exe and chrome.dll to a random existing function (in my case I used SetLastError) using PE Tools.image.thumb.png.cd34b727fc0f8cc00ebe882ff740a4dd.png

1 hour ago, Matias Groen said:

I have gotten MiniBrowser working on XP64 by renaming the missing SetProcessDEPPolicy function in MiniBrowser.exe and chrome.dll to a random existing function (in my case I used SetLastError) using PE Tools.image.thumb.png.cd34b727fc0f8cc00ebe882ff740a4dd.png

Nice! Does it work with both versions? (1.0.0.121 and 1.0.0.127) if so I will add a package for XP x64 users in Mediafire.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Matias Groen said:

I have gotten MiniBrowser working on XP64 by renaming the missing SetProcessDEPPolicy function in MiniBrowser.exe and chrome.dll to a random existing function (in my case I used SetLastError) using PE Tools.

Awesome!  Thanks for the discovery!

55 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

Nice! Does it work with both versions? (1.0.0.121 and 1.0.0.127) if so I will add a package for XP x64 users in Mediafire.

Cheers.

Yes it does! I only discovered the newer version today but I tried both.

Today in softpedia.com i saw listed catsxp browser https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Catsxp.shtml.The current version is 2.4.4 chromium 100.0 based. The autor list Windows vista as compatible https://www.catsxp.com/faq and the last version with xp support was released in October 29, 2020,https://www.catsxp.com/history#  v0.7.7 [2020-10-28 11:29:46].

7 hours ago, Matias Groen said:

Yes it does! I only discovered the newer version today but I tried both.

Added both versions with the modifications you suggested. Can you test them to see if they work? Thanks.

2 hours ago, dextyckroms said:

Today in softpedia.com i saw listed catsxp browser https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Catsxp.shtml.The current version is 2.4.4 chromium 100.0 based. The autor list Windows vista as compatible https://www.catsxp.com/faq and the last version with xp support was released in October 29, 2020,https://www.catsxp.com/history#  v0.7.7 [2020-10-28 11:29:46].

Yes, that browser has versions that were compatible with XP, unfortunately I don't know where to download older releases. But now that I think of, @hidao, can you write an email to the author of that browser asking for a way to download older releases of the browser? I didn't want to do it myself because it would look kind of bad :unsure: but another person can, and of course, only if you want. Thanks.

Cheers. 

30 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

Added both versions with the modifications you suggested. Can you test them to see if they work? Thanks.

Wasn't direct to me but since I run XP x64 I gave it a go and it's working  :cheerleader:

I only tested .127 as it seems to be basically identical to .121.

image.thumb.png.76d11ca69f3a7778b8dbbc900dd12b1f.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

Yes, that browser has versions that were compatible with XP, unfortunately I don't know where to download older releases. But now that I think of, @hidao, can you write an email to the author of that browser asking for a way to download older releases of the browser? I didn't want to do it myself because it would look kind of bad :unsure: but another person can, and of course, only if you want. Thanks.

Cheers. 

Just now, i send an email requesting a way to download an xp compatible version,