360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

5 hours ago, theelf said:

Hi! greetings, after many problems i manage to have 360 browser in my taste.  I have all my browsers in a Netscape similar look, and was not easy with this browser

Nice theme! Can you share it out? I know it is from version 13.5 but it might work for v13.

5 hours ago, theelf said:

A question,  is possible to have secure https connections in  XP or certificates are not possible to validate because tls level anymore?

Unfortunately you can't have a HTTPS connection with every website. And yes, it is because of the XP outdated certificate manager.

2 hours ago, theelf said:

In Mozilla browses i dont get any complain about https

Mozilla integrated a certificate manager inside their browser so it doesn't depend on the one of the OS. Take a look at this link --> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33922231/why-cant-windows-xp-handle-newer-ssl-certificate-versions

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Nice theme! Can you share it out? I know it is from version 13.5 but it might work for v13.

Unfortunately you can't have a HTTPS connection with every website. And yes, it is because of the XP outdated certificate manager.

Mozilla integrated a certificate manager inside their browser so it doesn't depend on the one of the OS. Take a look at this link --> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33922231/why-cant-windows-xp-handle-newer-ssl-certificate-versions

Cheers.

Hi, yes, i will upload as soon i fix some details

Yes, i know mozilla use different certifcate manager, but if mozilla can do,  i guess maybe is possible for the OS ones too, like use a external proxy library for example. I ask because i never use chrome browsers before, i dont know much about chrome stuff.  Maybe someone already did a patch or similar, thats why i ask

I dont care at all for secure connections,. except some government stuff i need to do that fails in 360.  Sad, because 360 work better than old mozilla browses in some government websites

Edited by theelf

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

No offense, but I call "BS".

Remember that 360Chrome v13.5 (your Netscape'd skin says 13.5 in the title bar!) is based off of Chrome v86 and was released in October of 2020.

So you should compare apples to apples and that means comparing to Mozilla browsers from 2020!

The Mozilla browser from 2020 have certificate error "BS" also.  Hit or miss, depends on which "Mozilla" browser you are using and which web site cert is in question.

I dont get any problems in certificates in older mozillas neither, in the web i need most, government stuff, i still use seamonkey that is 2019.   For now, seamonkey works well, but off course, little by little government websites start asking for new chrome.  In fact, the local gov office website say "only work with chrome, no firefox... wtf"

Maybe some patch to OS or proxy library exist, that what i ask.   No idea what "BS" means sorry

Edited by theelf

9 hours ago, theelf said:

Image1.thumb.png.f3878d83c3a8671f6a14184d64a3f34b.png

MSFN should show green with ISRG Root X1 installed into Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder in certificate manager. You can pick either der or pem variant under ISRG Root X1 (RSA 4096, O = Internet Security Research Group, CN = ISRG Root X1).

I'd import it via mmc.exe -> manually add Certificates snap-in under File menu, where you pick Computer account in the wizard. When you right-click on Trusted Root Certification Authorities->Certificates->All Tasks->Import... and make it into file selection dialog, make it show files with all extensions to be able to select it normally.

This is slower and tedious way, faster is using one of those certificate updaters you'll find somewhere on this forum (the one by heinoganda version 1.6 if I remember correctly should be OK), then you end up with a full pack of certificates Microsoft considers "trusted". Typical Windows installation has only some of them (unless you visit great many different websites using different certificates) as they're fetched by Windows when you browse the web as needed, but that hasn't worked in a long time on XP. And not all certificates work due to unsupported encryption algorithms.

Edited by UCyborg

The SogouExplorer 11.0 (Based on Chrome 80) could used in WinXP, but in China we all known it's a rogue software like(or more than) 360, do you have any plan to mod it ?

Download link : https://dlie.sogoucdn.com/se/sogou_explorer_11.0.1_0722.exe

You can used innoextract to extract it, link : https://github.com/dscharrer/innoextract/releases

hidao.org_2022-4-2_19-48-25.png.4fe45b5e15d79ce7a1ad06bcd2060081.png

hidao.org_2022-4-2_19-49-31.png.6f09dd78964f58cc8bd3e0c43fb0508f.png

Edited by hidao

2 hours ago, hidao said:

The SogouExplorer 11.0 (Based on Chrome 80) could used in WinXP, but in China we all known it's a rogue software like(or more than) 360, do you have any plan to mod it ?

Download link : https://dlie.sogoucdn.com/se/sogou_explorer_11.0.1_0722.exe

You can used innoextract to extract it, link : https://github.com/dscharrer/innoextract/releases

innoextract did not work for me, nor did uniextract.

I installed Sogou in a Win10 VM and I see no "language packs" of any kind, appears to me to be Chinese and Chinese only.

This could prove to be extremely problematic (ie, if you look to see how Humming Owl removed default search engines, "Google" has to be replaced with "Ggle" (if memory serves, I don't keep Humming Owl versions on my computer)).

Replacing dozens upon dozens of Chinese "six letters" with "four letters" because of having to keep address locations intact could make the end result extremely difficult to "decipher".

Not familiar with Sogou but very limited reads on it seems to suggest that "most" (but not all) telemetry is disabled by simply not being on an IPv6 network.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

7 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I can't see much point in going to all the trouble to translate a browser based on Chromium 80, when 360Chrome 13.5 is based on Chromium 86.

I'll have to disagree.  Chromium 80 is the first version to introduce most of the "modern web" polyfill crap.

I use v11 for 99% of my web browsing needs and v13 (not 13.5!) for the remaining 1%.

I use v11 for a reason, one of my computers only has 2 GB RAM and using anything newer is very taxing on that computer.

And when I'm faced with 99% to 1%, there really is ZERO reason for me to "default" to anything newer.

v12 is based on Chromium 78 - too old for the modern web, more RAM-hungry than v11 but LESS so than v13/v13.5.

Something based on Chromium 80 should be the absolute best as far as modern-web-capable while balancing the requirements for why most of us use 360Chrome in the first place - we want to keep our existing hardware.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I installed Sogou in a Win10 VM and I see no "language packs" of any kind, appears to me to be Chinese and Chinese only.

This could prove to be extremely problematic (ie, if you look to see how Humming Owl removed default search engines, "Google" has to be replaced with "Ggle" (if memory serves, I don't keep Humming Owl versions on my computer)).

Replacing dozens upon dozens of Chinese "six letters" with "four letters" because of having to keep address locations intact could make the end result extremely difficult to "decipher".

Not familiar with Sogou but very limited reads on it seems to suggest that "most" (but not all) telemetry is disabled by simply not being on an IPv6 network.

Sorry about that, i just found it only have Chinese language...

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

By the way , I found this version couldn't extract by Innoextract, I extracted the other mod version before...

Edited by hidao

17 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Maybe you can tried to used Universal Extractor to extract it, the lastest version is 2.0 RC4, link: https://update.bioruebe.com/uniextract/files/nightly.zip

I tried, it tell that some plugin need used .Net Framework 4.6...

Edited by hidao

Today i installed sogou_explorer_11.0.1_0722.exe in sandboxie, install and open fast, internet was restringed. chome://version and chrome://flag doesnt work, but i read is chromium 86.0 based

https://dlie.sogoucdn.com/se/sogou_explorer_11.0.1_0722.exe

There is a 12.04.xxxxx version but can find any link to download
GuRUFxw.jpg

Edited by dextyckroms