360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

You can temporarilty change the UA this way -

image.png.102678d3f39e4bf4e8ad76cca168933d.png

If you want a "permanent" solution, you will need to experiment with extensions.

I personally do not bother with UA because the "modern" web does not use them and the UA is "dying" - Firefox removed site-specific UA override in version 71 (December 2019) and Chrome intends to phase it out completely.

On 2/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, mixit said:

A couple of months I took a look at the Widewine package 13.5.1030.0 would download and unfortunately it was the same XP-incompatible stuff we know and don't love. Apparently Google hasn't made an exception for China. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my current understanding is that Widevine as such should work in 360 Chrome (not that I've tried it personally), but only on those Windows versions Google builds it for.

That is quite unfortunate, but at least I could confirm that the browser downloads stuff after installation so maybe some patches and fixes can be retreived that actually work on XP (hopefuly). I didn't knew widevine is also compiled targeting specific architectures and knowing it is from google, universal support is expected to not be there. Also, maybe for older browser versions widevine could be actualy patched for XP but someone would have to test that out. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

That is quite unfortunate, but at least I could confirm that the browser downloads stuff after installation so maybe some patches and fixes can be retreived that actually work on XP (hopefuly). I didn't knew widevine is also compiled targeting specific architectures and knowing it is from google, universal support is expected to not be there. Also, maybe for older browser versions widevine could be actualy patched for XP but someone would have to test that out. Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.

I should maybe clarify that I meant I manually downloaded it from the URL discerned from the original chrome.dll (http://dl.360tpcdn.com/cse/widevine_4_10_1582_1.cab), since I didn't want to install the unmodded version and this is patched out in the mod.  In terms of targeting, it's just the usual "newer than XP/Vista/(maybe also 7 by now)". Stuff like the missing API functionality, etc. could conceivably be worked in by motivated individuals (not me in this case :)), but you'd also have to get around their custom signature checks in a way that would pass online verification...

just noticed that flash/shockwave no longer works  esp on facebook games , tried a few flash play extentions but none seem to work, seems as if support for them has now been dropped altogether (same on FF 52.9) seems you need a minimum of win 8

is there any flash that wil work in 360EE, tried to d/l the gameroom app for facebook No Go

Edit: tried ruffle and lightspark No Go

and most facebook games don't work, some needs webgl .......... oh well 

Edited by DrWho3000
edit

On 2/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, DrWho3000 said:

just noticed that flash/shockwave no longer works

I have personally not tried this (zero need for Flash) - but try this  --

1)  Download and extract the most recent Russian "repack" from here - https://lrepacks.net/repaki-programm-dlya-interneta/182-360-extreme-explorer-amp-portable.html (the file name as of this writing will be "360_extreme_explorer_13.0.2290.0.zip")
   2)  Execute the "_Unpack Portable.cmd" file from the extracted "360_extreme_explorer_13.0.2290.0.zip" (Note: this will close any 360Chrome processs that you have open)
   3)  This will create a new folder called "360Chrome" in the same folder containing "_Unpack Portable.cmd"
   4)  Open that "360Chrome" folder and navigate to ..\360Chrome\Chrome\Application\components
   5)  Copy both the "ppflash" and the "npflash" folders from this "360Chrome" folder over to the same folder structure for the folder that contains your 360Chrome that you want to add Flash to
   6)  Now when you launch that folder's 360Chrome, you should have Flash

Check the status of Flash Player on chrome://plugins page.

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Copy both the "ppflash" and the "npflash" folders from this "360Chrome" folder over to the same folder structure for the folder that contains your 360Chrome that you want to add Flash to

Even if you have both, you can only use one at the end of the day. It prefers PPAPI version by default, which is supposedly better sandboxed, but NPAPI version has better performance.

If Flash is installed system-wide, it should be able to pickup on that version as well. When multiple versions are available, another is picked for usage by disabling the rest on plugins page.

14 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Check the status of Flash Player on chrome://plugins page.

Even if you have both, you can only use one at the end of the day. It prefers PPAPI version by default, which is supposedly better sandboxed, but NPAPI version has better performance.

If Flash is installed system-wide, it should be able to pickup on that version as well. When multiple versions are available, another is picked for usage by disabling the rest on plugins page.

the version of flash i got from Hummingird advice is pepflash where will.would i get PPAPi /NPAI

i copied the pepperflash folder from google chrome 49.

seems as if visiting plugins on 360 it is picking up chrome 49.0

how upto date is 360EE Chrome

i thought i would have a look at the NASA website and it complains browser is out of date

i have visited "some pages" on sons laptop and browser is virtually upto date some complain even if version of browser is only 1 - 2  version out of date

The entire NASA websites (at least each-and-every part I just tried) works perfectly for me on 360Chrome v11 (four years old) with zero browser-out-of-date nag screens and zero Flash.

Maybe what you need to be doing is REMOVING ALL forms of Flash from your computer and then websites won't even try to use it (it is old and ancient technology and is DEAD) and then those websites work via alternatives instead of Flash.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:49 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I personally do not bother with UA because the "modern" web does not use them and the UA is "dying" - Firefox removed site-specific UA override in version 71 (December 2019) and Chrome intends to phase it out completely.

Both Firefox and Edge fake user agent for some websites.

Also https://developer.chrome.com/blog/force-major-version-to-100/

You can bury your head in the sand and pretend and it doesn't happen, but it doesn't change reality.

Edited by UCyborg

2 hours ago, DrWho3000 said:

the version of flash i got from Hummingird advice is pepflash where will.would i get PPAPi /NPAI

pepflash = PPAPI

The original Chinese version or the Russian repack have both versions of Flash.

45 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

(it is old and ancient technology and is DEAD)

So is XP and yet you're still using it. As for Flash, there are websites out there archiving Flash content, so...

4 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

You can bury your head in the sand

I hope you were not accusing me of burying my head in the sand  :dubbio:

If you are, hunt down 10 web sites that throws up a "you're browser is out of date" banner then change your UA to the latest-and-greatest - it's basically 50-50 at this point if the UA is enough to remove the nag-banner.

So that's what I mean by "the UA is dying" - changing the UA four years ago would have removed that nag-banner on all 10, today it's 50-50, tomorrow it will be 0-for-10.