360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

10 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I don't think that will make a difference because the problem is not with certificates, is with how XP handle those certificates.

That's not a good news...

Wow ... thank you @Humming Owl for all that information.

Oh and this is and ancient HP Deskjet 1000 J110 series LOL and I think I must have some emotional attachment to it and liked it so much I have and new one in the closet and extra ink.

You think this is bad, talk about my clothing apparel ... the 1990s are calling to get their wardrobe back :)

I have lots to study this week and learn without question.

thanks again.

My everyday belt is from the early 90s and is a two-sided brown-on-one-side black-on-the-other-side that is only ever worn with black-side-out.

The two "layers" started to delaminate 15/20 years or so ago and is being held together with STAPLES - "good as new".

edit - and the even better news, I'm still on the same belt buckle hole from the early 90s!

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

5 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Wow ... thank you @Humming Owl for all that information.

Oh and this is and ancient HP Deskjet 1000 J110 series LOL and I think I must have some emotional attachment to it and liked it so much I have and new one in the closet and extra ink.

You think this is bad, talk about my clothing apparel ... the 1990s are calling to get their wardrobe back :)

I have lots to study this week and learn without question.

thanks again.

Your welcome. I also like to keep my old stuff (even if it is not functional anymore), it is kind of sad to me that some people just trash away stuff because it is old. A while ago, a friend I have, threw away a PC just because it had XP on it (a black hole just grew in my stomach when I received the message :().

Also, I sent you a PM regarding your printer with a possible solution.

Edited by Humming Owl

22 hours ago, xppro said:

True. Old stuff does not mean it is bad. :) And old stuff can still be very useful.

In particular, windows xp is STILL a relatively lightweight and an useful OS.

Same as me, I think WinXP used faster than the new OS, just  in my laptop, I haven't test many other computer

Edited by hidao

THREE of my computers were GIVEN to me all because of the previous owner taking a computer with XP on it and installing 10 then hating the computer ever since so they went out and bought brand new and give me their "slow" Win10 computer..

Back up to speed once you reformat and install XP.

After restarting Windows, I hit DcBrowser icon, then during about ten seconds I see the desktop emptied (and listen to Windows "working"), then the browser frame only appears, then I see the white tab, which then turns into grey (I'd like to keep it there...), and then into the one provided by @Humming Owl (white this one, with the links...). And it's after a next few seconds, that I'm able to surf on a website...

And you?...

On 12/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, Humming Owl said:

I don't think that will make a difference because the problem is not with certificates, is with how XP handle those certificates.

So far @heinoganda has been updating and revoking root certificates for Windows XP in conjunction with a certificate updating tool he's written. I can confirm that it does solve some issues with getting browsers to work; my XP32 laptop, Etesia, had been in RMA limbo for the better part of a year and when she came back, I found that some web pages like Wikipedia would not load in Chrome due to SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE, which made no sense as her date and time were accurate.

It turned out that her root certificates needed updating, and after that, any pages which refused to load due to that error worked as usual.

EDIT: Ooooor I could have gone back a page and saw that you were just talking about heinoganda's tool. Whoops.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:58 PM, hidao said:

I installed the Cert_Updater_v1.6.exe some days ,it fix some problems, but some other website dosn't work will

The other windows update pack couldn't installed in WinXP sp3 Pro

@hidao, when this happens, are you getting an error like ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH? heinoganda has another tool which might help: ProxHTTPSProxy. I used it to solve the issue with FFXIV's web-based launcher adopting TLS 1.2 and thus not allowing XP users to log into the game a few years ago; I noticed when ProxHTTPSProxy is active that Chrome-based browsers could visit sites that normally throw a cipher mismatch error. (The Mario 64 wiki, Ukikipedia, is one example.)

However, when ProxHTTPSProxy's running, any Firefox-based browser gets "security risk" warnings for any page you attempt to visit.

Edited by TrevMUN
Disregard that, I suck coq au vin

Eureka!  Found it!  v11 on the left, v12 on the right.  The "separator" methodology was changed starting with v12 and v11 used the incorrect unicode character (at least without the aid of "extra" fonts).  I use a different build base revision so my file numbers may differ from Humming Owl's file numbers.  My XP builds do not have "extra" fonts installed and all font-fetches are blocked, so "mileage may vary".

image.thumb.png.1c6753d4d7c295c19fa15ea0f896e6c1.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

11 hours ago, TrevMUN said:

So far @heinoganda has been updating and revoking root certificates for Windows XP in conjunction with a certificate updating tool he's written. I can confirm that it does solve some issues with getting browsers to work; my XP32 laptop, Etesia, had been in RMA limbo for the better part of a year and when she came back, I found that some web pages like Wikipedia would not load in Chrome due to SEC_ERROR_OCSP_FUTURE_RESPONSE, which made no sense as her date and time were accurate.

It turned out that her root certificates needed updating, and after that, any pages which refused to load due to that error worked as usual.

EDIT: Ooooor I could have gone back a page and saw that you were just talking about heinoganda's tool. Whoops.

@hidao, when this happens, are you getting an error like ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH? heinoganda has another tool which might help: ProxHTTPSProxy. I used it to solve the issue with FFXIV's web-based launcher adopting TLS 1.2 and thus not allowing XP users to log into the game a few years ago; I noticed when ProxHTTPSProxy is active that Chrome-based browsers could visit sites that normally throw a cipher mismatch error. (The Mario 64 wiki, Ukikipedia, is one example.)

However, when ProxHTTPSProxy's running, any Firefox-based browser gets "security risk" warnings for any page you attempt to visit.

The error like ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH I found long time before

The Ukikipedia I visit it not have problem, by 360EE v11

hidao.org_2022-1-9_6-58-47.png.26307848bbe9634ec3fab159f84fc559.png