360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

Problem in DcBrowser (in uBlock I've allowed nitter.net, so it's in green; in the browser Settings enabled "Open clicked link in a new tab" feature):

If click on "Load more" link at the bottom of the Nitter.net user page, this doesn't load more posts, but this same already readed.

Example: Laura Fonseca @LauraFo63430334 here: https://nitter.net/LauraFo63430334 

But twitter link load automatically ancient posts, example: https://twitter.com/LauraFo63430334 

I tested it and it loads more posts. No clue what could cause that. Try allowing all domains in uBlock to see if something changes.

23 hours ago, msfntor said:

If I put my query in the browser search bar and click on search, my default search engine doesn't see this query... its search bar is empty... Happens with DcBrowser.

What search engine are you using? I do not get that behavior with Google, Yahoo, Bing or DuckDuckGo for example.

Cheers.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:15 PM, Humming Owl said:

I tested it and it loads more posts. No clue what could cause that. Try allowing all domains in uBlock to see if something changes.

What search engine are you using? I do not get that behavior with Google, Yahoo, Bing or DuckDuckGo for example.

Cheers.

In normal mode, "No items found." in the nitter.net page; after launching in another tab the twitter.com link, then relaunching nitter.net link, I've the posts. Reload this page with the posts: "No items found." Too with all extensions disabled in normal mode.

In Incognito window this same for nitter.net address above (copied/pasted from my precedent post): "No items found."

Under chrome://flags, I've changed (to enabled), few days ago, this only: "Reduce default 'referer' header granularity."

I've FOUND the solution for this problem: "No items found." "Reduce default 'referer' header granularity." changed to default DISABLED - and miracle, no more "No items found." if click on the nitter.net link.

-BUT I've always this problem:

If click on "Load more" link at the bottom of the Nitter.net user page, this doesn't load more posts, but this same already readed.

Search engines tested here: BING, SWISSCOWS - empty search bars in these...

Edited by msfntor
"No items found." always here, look on the next post...

"In DcBrowserwith ALL extensions disabled, I've went into the Incognito window, and this nitter link, with click on "Reload this page..", displays: OR all times OK., then go to "No items found", OR all times "No items found"...OR 1 time OK, Then 1 time bad etc."

Random behavior, too in 360Chrome ...

- maybe this is problem of my Windows?..

Edited by msfntor

Hi,

How can i add my own deployment settings? Looks like the initial_preferences file is being ignored.
And is there any setting to tell it to create a User Profile for every Windows Account.?

Edited by LuxLOL

3 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

How can i add my own deployment settings? Looks like the initial_preferences file is being ignored.

From what is written here, the "initial_preferences" file is used on Chromium 91 and up, use the "master_preferences" name instead to see if it works. The Chinese may have removed the portion of the code that was in charge of that, so if it doesn't work you can create a preferences file by launching the browser and looking into the "User Data > Default" directory, modify and copy that file for other users of the browser (use it as the "initial_preferences" file).

3 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

And is there any setting to tell it to create a User Profile for every Windows Account.?

The normal Google Chrome has an installer that can install the browser for every Windows account (I assume that also means a Chrome profile per account as well), in the case of this browser you can try this suggestion: 

1) Create a folder in the "C:\" path and name it with whatever name you want (the browser files will be in there so name it "Browser", "360EE", etc).

The folder will be accessible through all accounts in your Windows installation (at least for my XP installation it works like that).

2) Extract the contents of the browser compressed file inside that specific folder.

3) Create a shortcut of the "360chrome.exe" in your desktop (or any other location).

4) Right-click the shortcut, go to "Properties" and at the final of the "Target" option place something like this (with a space at the beginning) --> " --profile-directory="<something>""

Replace the <something> tag by a specific name you want to differentiate from each user.

5) Run the browser through the modified shortcut.

6) Repeat 3), 4) and 5) for all the users you want to add the browser.

If everything goes well (and if you are using 360EE) you can go to the "User Data" folder of the browser (located at the folder you created on "C:\"), and check if the names you wrote on every shortcut are present as the names of folders.

The result will be that every shortcut on every Windows account will tell the browser to load a different user data folder, being the same as a Chrome user profile per Windows account. 

Tell me if it works.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

6 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

Hi,

.\User Data\First Run

.\User Data\Local State

.\User Data\Default\Preferences

.\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences

These files will help you to know something,I think

@Humming Owl

Oh dammit i forgot about the old  "master_preferences" file name. Now it works. 

But no luck with the --profile-directory command. When i use it then the 360EE still trying to force a global User Data folder and wont startup. :huh:

"%ProgramFiles%\Chrome\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\360 Chrome"

EDIT 1:

Okay this command below works, but the "master_preferences" file is being ignored. <_<

"%ProgramFiles%\Chrome\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="%UserName%"

EDIT 2:

I now found a shortcut command that fixed all those problems. Here it is:

"%ProgramFiles%\360EE Chrome\360chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\360EE Chrome"

Edited by LuxLOL

14 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

@Humming Owl

Oh dammit i forgot about the old  "master_preferences" file name. Now it works. 

But no luck with the --profile-directory command. When i use it then the 360EE still trying to force a global User Data folder and wont startup. :huh:

"%ProgramFiles%\Chrome\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\360 Chrome"

EDIT 1:

Okay this command below works, but the "master_preferences" file is being ignored. <_<

"%ProgramFiles%\Chrome\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="%UserName%"

EDIT 2:

I now found a shortcut command that fixed all those problems. Here it is:

"%ProgramFiles%\360EE Chrome\360chrome.exe" --user-data-dir="%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\360EE Chrome"

Nice.

I wasn't aware of the "--user-data-dir" option.

Where do you put the "master_preferences" file by the way?

Cheers.

@Humming Owl
I have put the "master_preferences" file in the main folder next to the "360chrome.exe" file.

Can also be used for registry entries (*.cmd):

@ECHO OFF
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "360Chrome" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe" /v "FriendlyTypeName" /t REG_SZ /d "360Chrome" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\DefaultIcon" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "%ProgramFiles%\360EE Chrome\360chrome.exe,0" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\shell" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "open" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\shell\open\command" /ve /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "\"%ProgramFiles%\360EE Chrome\360chrome.exe\" --user-data-dir=\"%%"UserProfile"%%\Local Settings\Application Data\360EE Chrome\" -- \"%%1\"" /f 1>NUL
Reg Add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\360chrome.exe\shell\open\ddeexec" /ve /f 1>NUL
PAUSE
EXIT
Edited by LuxLOL

On 12/19/2021 at 8:22 PM, LuxLOL said:

I have put the "master_preferences" file in the main folder next to the "360chrome.exe" file.

Thanks. :)

On 12/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, hidao said:

Do you find that if open the "Intercept certificate risk", some website will warning certificate problem and picture can't loaded and so on

Yes, many websites will complain because of the certificates not being valid (XP can't handle some new certificates). Updating the certificates with this tool or maybe starting the browser with a clean profile might do the trick, but in most cases that problem will persist. If none of those options work and you want to see that website correctly you will need to use a Firefox-based browser for XP. Roytam and Feodor browsers have no issues with certificates, at least the ones I use.

If you want to read more here is this link --> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33922231/why-cant-windows-xp-handle-newer-ssl-certificate-versions

And, I found this on GitHub, the files present in there are supposed to update XP to support "TLS 128-bit & 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher suites" (certificate related I suppose). From what I read, that update requires "Windows Embedded POSReady 2009" so I don't know if it will work on normal XP-SP3 installations. If you don't have it you can try installing it to see what happens.

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

Thanks. :)

Yes, many websites will complain because of the certificates not being valid (XP can't handle some new certificates). Updating the certificates with this tool or maybe starting the browser with a clean profile might do the trick, but in most cases that problem will persist. If none of those options work and you want to see that website correctly you will need to use a Firefox-based browser for XP. Roytam and Feodor browsers have no issues with certificates, at least the ones I use.

If you want to read more here is this link --> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33922231/why-cant-windows-xp-handle-newer-ssl-certificate-versions

And, I found this on GitHub, the files present in there are supposed to update XP to support "TLS 128-bit & 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher suites" (certificate related I suppose). From what I read, that update requires "Windows Embedded POSReady 2009" so I don't know if it will work on normal XP-SP3 installations. If you don't have it you can try installing it to see what happens.

Cheers. 

I installed the Cert_Updater_v1.6.exe some days ,it fix some problems, but some other website dosn't work will

The other windows update pack couldn't installed in WinXP sp3 Pro

14 hours ago, hidao said:

I installed the Cert_Updater_v1.6.exe some days ,it fix some problems, but some other website dosn't work will

It is the same for me.

14 hours ago, hidao said:

The other windows update pack couldn't installed in WinXP sp3 Pro

I think that issue is because the update files are for an English XP installation. I know some of those updates can be found in other languages but I know that at least one of them is only available on English.

If you want/can, you can install this XP (that supposedly has all updates except for quite a few that were known to cause issues with the OS), update the certificates with the tool mentioned before and test the browser there to see what happens. If nothing changes the only hope available will be someone making a patch to add newer certificate compatibility to XP. Or to use a Linux OS to avoid all problems.

Cheers.