360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

3 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I think it is way much more than only breaking the Chrome Web Store function and those simple URL breaks.

It 100% sure is, definitelly.

I guess my main point is that your releases do not break the Google Cookie user-preference violation and ungoogled Chromium builds do.

But I do also understand why that makes your builds better for the "as-is" crowd that is a tad bit less savvy on various Chrome workarounds like installing an extension without using the Chrome Web Store.

Keep up the good work!

6 hours ago, hidao said:

And I've found another BUG for a long time, the taskmgr statistics are inaccurate, but does not affect to use

hidao.org_2021-11-29_11-47-54.png.795e2238ea31a6ebf0398180f74a97a2.pnghidao.org_2021-11-29_11-47-58.png.de2c33a2657dffc4045ca7edc885348f.pnghidao.org_2021-11-29_11-48-11.png.8edb832803724812a20121718c90a327.png

Took a few looks to see it, but yes, that does look inaccurate.

That first screencap posting the same exact number for seven different processes is definitely inaccurate.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

@Humming Owl,

I would like to ask you to take a look at the ArcticFoxie thread, where I had put (Ok, by omission, since now I want to put them in your thread...) all the posts I posted about your builds, especially the last ones about problems related with the use of my favorite DcBrowser (recently...). Thank you very much, I look forward to your answers in your thread!

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

@Humming Owl,

I would like to ask you to take a look at the ArcticFoxie thread, where I had put (Ok, by omission, since now I want to put them in your thread...) all the posts I posted about your builds, especially the last ones about problems related with the use of my favorite DcBrowser (recently...). Thank you very much, I look forward to your answers in your thread!

Why do you like to use DcBrowser?

Don't eversell it, you've cited some gigantic negatives with DcBrowser over the past couple of months also.

Here's one, I didn't want to go digging up all of them  --  https://msfn.org/board/topic/182993-360-extreme-explorer-arcticfoxie-versions/?do=findComment&comment=1208299

I may end up doing a build with it "eventually", but as-is I have too much on my plate already.

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I may end up doing a build with it "eventually", but as-is I have too much on my plate already.

So you want to give people hope... perfect! What we lack everywhere: hope!
DcBrowser gives me hope too!

You hear, @Humming Owl , please?..

11 hours ago, msfntor said:

It's the love from the first meeting... I can't totally explain it... it goes fast, is of desired color, nice here..and there...:hello:

I don't like the UI and color of DcBrowser...

14 hours ago, msfntor said:

@Humming Owl,

Post the links of the comments you think are the most important here.

DcBrowser (Chromium 75) after start needs to run 5 (in normal mode without extensions) or 6 (in Incognito window) DcBrowser.exe processes. In normal mode, it run supplementary DcBrowser.exe processes (one for each extension). So with my 8 extensions (for now) - I've 5+8=13 DcBrowser.exe processes. Too many. (In this same time, other DcBrowser.exe processes contact remote IPs: 172.65.253.13 (Cloudflare) ; 172.65.226.29 (Cloudflare) ; 216.58.206.238 (Google) ...too many.)

If you run the browser without any extensions (clean profile), does it make those connections as well? I think they are related to the extensions you have installed. And, try to use less extensions, 8 is to much for older OSes and hardware.

Edited by Humming Owl

11 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

If you run the browser without any extensions (clean profile), does it make those connections as well? I think they are related to the extensions you have installed. And, try to use less extensions, 8 is to much for older OSes and hardware.

In DcBrowser M, with the clean profile, ALL extensions disabled:

Remote IP: 0.0.0.0 (UDP Protocol, Service not marked)

Remote IP (TCP Protocol, Service: https):

All these connections checked in Dimio's DTaskManager v1.57.21, under Ports tab. Home page: http://dimio.altervista.org/  

- Could you look in your computer at these IPs with DTaskManager (it's portable), please?... 

...in the System Tray, "Core Temp" says: RAM Usage with 12 extensions:512 MB, with all these extensions disabled: 410 MB.

Without browser, after restart Windows: RAM usage 286 MB (says Core Temp in the Tray..).

In the next post (soon), I want to copy my posts about your builds from another thread...

Edited by msfntor

My recent posts (copy/paste) from another thread:

Page 35:

Posted November 23

DcBrowser (Chromium 75) after start needs to run 5 (in normal mode without extensions) or 6 (in Incognito window) DcBrowser.exeprocesses. In normal mode, it run supplementary DcBrowser.exe processes (one for each extension). So with my 8 extensions (for now) - I've 5+8=13 DcBrowser.exe processes. Too many. (In this same time, other DcBrowser.exe processes contact remote IPs: 172.65.253.13 (Cloudflare) ; 172.65.226.29 (Cloudflare) ; 216.58.206.238 (Google) ...too many.)

That's why DcBrowser often get (here in my Windows...) "Aw, Snap!" during run of Web browser "GPU memory usage" tester: https://www.vsynctester.com/gputest.html

Posted November 24

This situation is logical - we don't advertise to make these NEW (actually!) secure and private browsers known to the wider public!
Urgent call to talented people: You (an you, you too please!) must absolutely write and publish ARTICLES describing these NEW browser possibilities! And publish them not only in MSFN but also in friendly websites and websites of wide public dealing with news about browsers, technologies, computer news etc. 
 Do you have any acquaintances, friends working for these websites?..Go and ask them to push your articles, urgently. In several languages, if possible.  
First: advertise in this sense in your family circles, and among your friends... now.

Page 37:

Posted Thursday at 03:55 PM:

DcBrowser (111121) - 1 Tab: RAM used (MB): 500 (16%); 20 Tabs: RAM used: 535 (17%); 3 Tabs: 528 (17%)

Task Manager:

Browser: Mem. footprint: 30.456 K ... CPU: 3.1

Network Service: 10.400 K

Tab: New Tab: 19.612 K

Extensions (8 ext., each ext. separately, average 18.400 K, but uBlock 30.000 K)

Windows: Mem Us.(in DTaskManager): 13  DcBrowser.exe uh oh!...the largest: 105 820 K! next: 75 648 K, next: 66 520 K, .. 50 044 K...46 240 K.. these numbers fluctuate over time ..

Page 41

Posted Saturday at 03:27 PM

Have problems with my preferred Meteoblue weather channel, eg: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/week/london_united-kingdom_2643743

In some browsers builds I don't have two maps, Current satellite, and Radar, cause lack of some meteoblue links which don't fetch (see in uBlock).

In DcBrowser have 1 link only (on 6): www.meteoblue.com - no two maps

In v12 r 8: have 3 links only (www, static, my) - no two maps

In 12 M: 6 links are here, all is OK

In 13.5 r 3: 3 links only (www, static, my) - no two maps

Posted Saturday at 05:24 PM (edited)

player.vimeo.com: the sound and the video are interrupted all the time, jump...: https://player.vimeo.com/video/257065717

- in ALL builds of 360Chrome I've (v12 and 13 r and M, and v13.5 r), and in DcBrowser. Cause Auto quality is on max quality...

Sorry to have disturbed you...

Posted Sunday at 02:03 PM

We, the users, are looking for browsers that work without problems.

I prefer to have dark new tab page.

That's why I've downloaded this extension "Dark Empty New Tab" from the Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-empty-new-tab/ibhbphfpfmpihppoipbejdicimnhmndh/  (4.17 KB only).

This extension works without problem in DcBrowser, so I'm happy with it.

But it's NOT working in all 360Chrome builds, versions r and M too...

So could you developers please look into why it is not working, and make sure I can be happy with all these 360Chrome builds too, please?

Page 42:

Posted Sunday at 02:24 PM

That's why I need my meteoblue.com weather channel website, to see everything...especially precipitation forecasts...best fun is to see satellite/radar animated maps, it's a must for me...So could you, the developers, look at this problem and make sure I can be happy with all these maps... Thank you in advance!

PS. Only 12 M and 13 M builds work good with my meteoblue.com (look in my precedent post about, it's above in this page)...

Page 43 (latest for now):

Posted yesterday at 09:22 AM

In DcBrowser - in the settings there is no possibility to try about:blank blank page...

- and not only this - I have the other problem with this browser: it saves history surely (telemetry!), but there is no possibility to clean it, history persists between sessions, computer reboots... This can be seen on some websites, where the links visited by me are always highlighted in color! So I started to use one more extension: "History On/Off", which works very well, remembering the "Off" position through sessions and computer restarts.
Maybe the browser data cleaning is not done?...Mystery... so I kindly ask @Humming Owl to review this...

Edited by msfntor

In DcBrowser Modified build:

"History On/Off" extension is not perfect - "Back" button not working on Chrome, to click to previous pages...

I"ve found this one that WORKS: No Historyhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/no-history/hdifnhiliocdiomkphonngpedadhinof/related?hl=en-US

With download it, ALL history is cleaned. Then visit a page - immediately it's history (color of this link) is cleaned. Disables history logging. So WORKS.

Edited by msfntor
No History added

14 hours ago, msfntor said:

In DcBrowser M, with the clean profile, ALL extensions disabled:

Delete the "DcBrowser" folder (make a copy of it in a place you want, your extensions are there) located in the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\" path and run the browser again. I don't get those connections you say and maybe disabling extensions doesn't prevent them to connect to the internet. The only connections I get are internal plus a external connection made for the autocomplete service of the URL bar of the default search engine you selected. In this case the default search engine at the very first run is Google so a Google connection is expected.

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

But it's NOT working in all 360Chrome builds, versions r and M too...

The cause is that in normal Chromium builds the New Tab page is located inside the "resources.pak" file, 360EE has the New Tab in an external file called "newtab.zip". New Tab extensions on 360EE won't work.

PS. Only 12 M and 13 M builds work good with my meteoblue.com (look in my precedent post about, it's above in this page)...

This seems to be a SwiftShader thing, maybe manipulation the browser with flags could make the maps display but unfortunately I don't know which flags to use.

I have the other problem with this browser: it saves history surely (telemetry!), but there is no possibility to clean it, history persists between sessions, computer reboots

If you go to "chrome://history" there is a "Clear browsing data" button at the top-right corner of the screen, I tested it and it cleared the history. Also, all browsers store history, 360EE does it as well.

Edited by Humming Owl

19 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

If you go to "chrome://history" there is a "Clear browsing data" button at the top-right corner of the screen, I tested it and it cleared the history. Also, all browsers store history, 360EE does it as well.

Edited 18 hours ago by Humming Owl

Thanks, I know where Clear browsing data is in DcBrowser - under three dots, in the Settings, and under Tools too, I checked all that was needed, and "Clear selected items on exiting" too.
But, as I pointed out already, this feature doesn't clean visited links in some websites, neither manually, nor on exiting. Examples for you to consider:

https://malwaretips.com/forums/add-ons.217/

https://brownstone.org/articles/ 

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

New Tab extensions on 360EE won't work.

So could you explain me, how I could change the New Tab in these builds, please?

Thank you for your efforts to beautify, slim down your builds!