360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

v13 (2250) crashes after a little while looking at reviews on Yelp.

v12 (1016, Russian) just won't load Yelp correctly, it won't load the map and it won't sort results. Sucks how trashed websites are these days (even when they load).

360Chrome 13 2250 M - Youtube video is CRASHING the browser, if watch on Youtube

Example: The Best of Rally Crash | Part 2 | @JR-Rallye - YouTube: 

Warning window:

360chrome.exe - erreur d'application

"L'instruction à "0x13135473" emploie l'adresse mémoire "0x0000001b". La mémoire ne peux pas être "read".

Cliquez sur OK pour terminer le programme.

- Sound stuttering, jerky... but I'm able to play under warning window.

If pause the video after start, then play - itS OK., NO crash.

I can give you more examples of videos crashing browser...

Edited by msfntor

EDIT to my precedent post:

In normal window, with all my 9 (for now) extensions disabled, this browser crashes.
In incognito window browser do NOT crash...

I think that in incognito window this browser has time to "strengthen" after the start of Youtube page, with google consent also giving a little time. I think it's not a problem of extensions, but browser is still weak after the start of Youtube page with video ... and regains strength to play after a little time.

@ArcticFoxie:

360Chrome 13.0.2206 r 6 crash.

360Chrome 13.5.1030_r 3 does NOT crash.

Edited by msfntor

19 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

When you hit Shift+Esc to bring up 360Chrome/Chromium Task Manager (as opposed to Operating System Task Manager), do the "disabled" extensions still consume memory?

Yes, 33,300 K, but none extensions/icons at the right of search bar in the incognito window, of course... because incognito window works without extensions, here. None of my extensions is notched "Allow in incognito" in the extensions page.

"Incognito Mode automatically disables all your browser extensions."

EDIT:

No, I made a mistake with the tab (I must have been in the bad mood), if extensions are disabled in normal mode, then no memory footprint of extensions, nothing!

Edited by msfntor

15 hours ago, Hunterw said:

v13 (2250) crashes after a little while looking at reviews on Yelp.

v12 (1016, Russian) just won't load Yelp correctly, it won't load the map and it won't sort results. Sucks how trashed websites are these days (even when they load).

Try to block custom JS with NoScript. It may help on both cases.

9 hours ago, msfntor said:

360Chrome 13 2250 M - Youtube video is CRASHING the browser, if watch on Youtube

Play with the options of this extension. If the YouTube video player is the issue then this extension might be a workaround.

17 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

So your extensions are using 33,300 K in NORMAL mode even when they are disabled?

Sounds to me like your crashes are related to your extensions.

To test, you kinda need to uninstall them and not just disable them.

Made edit to my precedent post, sorry:

"No, I made a mistake with the tab (I must have been in the bad mood), if extensions are disabled in normal mode, then no memory footprint of extensions, nothing!"

If my 9 extensions are ENABLED in NORMAL mode, all in one process have approx 33,300 K memory footprint here.

The crashing builds are 360Chrome 13.0.2206 r 6 and 360Chrome 13 2250 M only.

Maybe the culprit could be the plugins... (which are disabled in incognito mode).

Builds 11 r, 12 r, 11 M, 12 M and 360Chrome 13.5.1030_r 3 - NOT crashing here.

15 hours ago, Humming Owl said:
On 11/2/2021 at 5:19 PM, msfntor said:

Play with the options of this extension. If the YouTube video player is the issue then this extension might be a workaround.

Thank you @Humming Owl, but always sound stuttering and browser crashes...

- but it doesn't matter, we have the other builds, hopefully, and you developers work, so hope is here!:worship:

On 11/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, msfntor said:

Thank you @Humming Owl, but always sound stuttering and browser crashes...

- but it doesn't matter, we have the other builds, hopefully, and you developers work, so hope is here!:worship:

waiting for latest (translated) version  :D

thanks for all hard work and dedication into this..!

Updated DC Browser:

- Removed some of the "Login" buttons.

- Removed a startup Google connection.

- Corrected some English expressions.

The only remnant connection is related to a pre-connection to the search engine selected as default. It seems to activate when you click the URL bar after startup. 

Cheers.

14 hours ago, realisty said:

waiting for latest (translated) version  :D

thanks for all hard work and dedication into this..!

This time I will wait until the very last v13 is out. The amount of work is enormous and I really do not want to get through it every update the Chinese release.

By the way, since I was out I found this that might be useful for tests on XP (it was extracted from the Russian forum of the RuRepack). I do not know if it will also affect DCBrowser and Mini-Browser.

https://forum-ru--board-com.translate.goog/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=50612&start=3000&_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es-419&_x_tr_pto=nui#13

I also found that the Chinese like to make copies of Chromium. There are a lot of Chinese browsers based on Chromium out there (I do not know if there are actually some that are/were compatible with XP). To search for more stuff or information you might need to use the So or Baidu search engines.

http://www.pc6.com/pc/gcllq/

One browser that caugh my attention was this one --> https://www.catsxp.com/

From what is written here, I think there was a time this browser was compatible with XP. However I can not find the old versions of this browser to download.

Cheers.

19 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Updated DC Browser:

Thank you!

Have you the link for download this latest version, please?

You wrote in the first post: "- Has DRM support --> https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm "

Unfortunately this bitmovin.com demo doesn't work here, in the version 4.0.7.22 from 28/10/21. 

"Detected using Widevine"

"Unable to instantiate a key system supporting the required combinations (DRM_NO_KEY_SYSTEM)" - marked in the player window.

"Media Source Extension – MSE - MSE is supported by your current browser."

"Encrypted Media Extension – EME - EME is supported by your current browser."

In the Console:

"DRM will only work via https://. Will redirect in production. Current environment is: undefined" - yes have Not secure, Your connection to this site is not secure.

Edited by msfntor

I noticed that for v12 and v13 the font on the address bar for URLs and the tab title, it's been some sort of type-writer style font probably Courier or one of its families. While for v9.5 and the vanilla version, the fonts are sort of Arial or whatever Chromium used which seems more polished. Is this a side effect of the modification? Can we get the font to change by some simple edits?

Edit: It seems the font also applies all around the UI including the fonts used on the HTTPS cert status when we click on the padlock near the URL.

Another question I have is, pressing F3 seems to cycle through tabs. I was used to using F3 to bring up the Find Text function (Crtl + F), and the iteration through all found keywords in traditional Chrome. Can I disable the Cycle Through Tabs invoked by F3?

Edited by drainer