360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

For what it is worth, my version of v13.0 ( this thread ) also crashes here at MSFN.
It started crashing here at MSFN roughly two months or so ago, I forgot when exactly but I dropped down to v12 as my default and haven't had any issues since.
I am in-process of rebuilding a v13.5 but I have not used it extensively enough to see if it suffers the same crashes that v13.0 suffers.
Other users have been testing it and have better stability with v13.5 then they had with v13.0.

@Humming Owl - my WinXP is unmodified, my x64 is an unhacked official SP2 and my x86 is an unhacked official SP3 with none of the POS updates (and I always have to laugh that they called them POS).
It is tweaked as far as not running any of the useless services and Internet Explorer is disabled with file name trickery, but all of my OS's are unhacked, no kernel patches, no certificate store hacks, et cetera.
And my v13.0, your v13.0, Dixel's v13.0, the original Chinese (several builds), and the Russian Repack (several builds) all crash here at MSFN.

I've abandoned trying to figure out "why" and just moved to v12 instead.  Maybe v13.5 in the future, unsure as of yet.

23 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

For what it is worth, my version of v13.0 ( this thread ) also crashes here at MSFN.
It started crashing here at MSFN roughly two months or so ago, I forgot when exactly but I dropped down to v12 as my default and haven't had any issues since.
I am in-process of rebuilding a v13.5 but I have not used it extensively enough to see if it suffers the same crashes that v13.0 suffers.
Other users have been testing it and have better stability with v13.5 then they had with v13.0.

@Humming Owl - my WinXP is unmodified, my x64 is an unhacked official SP2 and my x86 is an unhacked official SP3 with none of the POS updates (and I always have to laugh that they called them POS).
It is tweaked as far as not running any of the useless services and Internet Explorer is disabled with file name trickery, but all of my OS's are unhacked, no kernel patches, no certificate store hacks, et cetera.
And my v13.0, your v13.0, Dixel's v13.0, the original Chinese (several builds), and the Russian Repack (several builds) all crash here at MSFN.

I've abandoned trying to figure out "why" and just moved to v12 instead.  Maybe v13.5 in the future, unsure as of yet.

The thing is that I am able to use MSFN from my XP laptop without getting crashes. The XP installed is a modified version by a guy named "BJ" and another that continued its work called "Guanaco". It took me a while to find it on the internet. I do not know exactly if that is the cause I am not getting those issues on MSFN at least. :dubbio:

LxPTF83.jpg

Do you get the same error warning as @realisty? With the same offset?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Humming Owl said:

Do you get the same error warning as @realisty? With the same offset?

I didn't get any error warning, just a crash.

It was always when logged in and entering text in the reply box.

And it was always very lengthy replies - all lost when the browser crashed.

When I was trying to track it down, I would OPEN the reply box but not even type in it.

Leave the reply box OPEN and browse in a different window.

Sometimes 30 seconds later, sometimes 15 minutes, but MSFN would ALWAYS crash if the reply box was open.

I haven't returned to v13 as my default browser on account of random crashes and it happened on versions that I had used for MONTHS unchanged/unmodified without ANY crashes, then all of a sudden the same exact version, brand new profile, would crash left and right.

I gave up on v13 and much prefer v12.

Even the v13.5 that I've been experimenting with has random lockups only during startup (with or without a profile already in place).  No crashes during browsing, just lockups at startup (maybe only 1 in 500 starts, but a lockup is a lockup and I run v12 because it's never had any of the issues that keep popping up with v13).  And ONLY on XP.

7 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

Also, you said that the Mini-Browser did not execute on XP x64. Try to execute it with this file pasted in the same folder as the "MiniBrowser.exe" file.

Already a step ahead of you.  (Because 360Chrome requires wow_helper.)  Nope, that doesn't get Mini-Browser to execute on XP x64.

That is, if that is the help.exe that comes with the official unmodified download.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

11 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Already a step ahead of you.  (Because 360Chrome requires wow_helper.)  Nope, that doesn't get Mini-Browser to execute on XP x64.

That is, if that is the help.exe that comes with the official unmodified download.

I though that would be the case, but well. I guess the last test would be testing the original version. Thanks for the feedback.

11 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

I though that would be the case, but well. I guess the last test would be testing the original version. Thanks for the feedback.

Already tried that also.  Mini-Browser cannot be an option for me because XP x64 is my primary computer.

All seven of my secondary computers run XP x86 as their primary OS but several are dual or triple boot (Win7 x86, Win10 x86 LTSB, Win10 x64 LTSB).

One of those secondary computers is running XP x86 SP2 - what a piece of crap SP2 is, in my not-so-humble-and-opinionated opinion.  Too many projects going on to dedicate any time to it.

My usaged requires the same exact web browser and the same exact profile to function on all eight computers regardless of which operating system I am running at the time.

12 minutes ago, realisty said:

any fix on changes ?

No. It will work now on WinXP x64 though.

I forgot about the crashing issue on v13 you reported. Do you get the same Offset each warning? And also, do you get the same behavior with the original 360EE v13?

Cheers.

On 10/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, Humming Owl said:

I forgot about the crashing issue on v13 you reported. Do you get the same Offset each warning? And also, do you get the same behavior with the original 360EE v13?

today crashed after many hours of use.. was surfing normally ...screen attached

if i don't click on "don't send"  and leave the window opened program continue working, if i can get rid of that window i guess chrome continue working normally

random crash.jpg

error.jpg

Edited by realisty

On 10/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, realisty said:

today crashed after many hours of use.. was surfing normally ...screen attached

if i don't click on "don't send"  and leave the window opened program continue working, if i can get rid of that window i guess chrome continue working normally

random crash.jpg

error.jpg

Maybe manipulating the browser with flags could solve the issue. Unfortunately I do not know what to do with this.

If you want to disable Windows XP error dialogs instead, I think the information in these pages might help.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/disable-program-has-stopped-working-error-dialog-in-windows-server-2008/

https://www.techzilo.com/disable-popups-windows-xp/

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Maybe manipulating the browser with flags could solve the issue. Unfortunately I do not know what to do with this.

If you want to disable Windows XP error dialogs instead, I think the information in these pages might help.

i will check that option, disabling the error reporting might get rid of the message but i think program will close without warning ?

i believe this is more related to internal windows debugging the running program ? for some reason it thinks program crash and it report it back, don't know if related to app error/bug on windows xp, anyway kafan minibrowser is working very well so far... if found another crash in 360EE i will report back

Edited by realisty

I've just tried the 360 version (13) and no chrome extensions will install.

It always says download interrupted even though the internet connection is fine.

Edit:
Ok, that's a little embarrassing. Extensions WILL download if your hard drive has enough free space to do so...;)

Edited by NoNameNeeded