360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

about the other chinesse minibrowser, when i view saved password it auto close/crash, a debug.log file is generated in default folder..

content:

[1018/140738.093:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in D:\WINDOWS\system32\serwvdrv.dll
[1018/140738.093:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in D:\WINDOWS\system32\umdmxfrm.dll

also, when connecting usb mem stick program disappear/autoclose which means crash.. don't know this strange behaviour, what this browser has to do with usb stuff...

Edited by realisty
other bug

Why Redirect detective https://redirectdetective.com doesn't display the results in any of the 360Chrome builds, please?

Work good in some Firefox forks ( Centaury, Basilisk Moebius, IceApe, New Moon 27.6 ... and chromium builds: Slimjet (Chromium 50), Iron (Chromium 49), Cent Browser v1.8.9.28.

But other redirection checkers work fine in 360Chrome builds: 

https://www.redirect-checker.org/index.php  

https://www.redirection-web.net/

EDIT:

This is already my bad tradition, sorry: I discovered the culprit!
It was NO MORE REFERRER extension.
NO MORE REFERRER then protect against scripts, it seems to me... Maybe someone could explain this to me in detail?...

Its link to Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/no-more-referrer/pnieocdcmbkplilpaihcajgeglmggego?hl=en-US

...and Test Browser Referrer Headershttps://www.darklaunch.com/tools/test-referer

So ALL 360Chrome builds work nice!

Edited by msfntor
found culprit

On 10/18/2021 at 7:06 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

I think I had the same thing when I tested an older version, don't recall offhand.
Works fine in XP x86 SP3 but does not work in XP x64 SP2  (ps - @Humming Owl, the "wow_helper.exe" that you remove in recent 360Chrome builds is required in order to run in XP x64).

spacer.png

Thanks. In the next update I will add it again.

On 10/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, realisty said:

saved pass never show

keep asking as default browser, does not work 

some websites certificate issue

Yes, you can not view the saved passwords on 360EE unfortunately.

The default browser warning can be disabled if you click on the "Do not ask again" button on the popup that the browser displays at startup or if you go to the "Settings > Basics > Default browser" path and uncheck the "Check at startup the default browser settings" option.

As for the certificate issues so far I would recommend to update the certificates or to use the steps in this comment as possible workarounds (no warrant it will fix the issue). 

On 10/18/2021 at 1:41 PM, realisty said:

some ramdon crash,

crash.jpg

How did you got that crash?

23 hours ago, realisty said:

about the other chinesse minibrowser, when i view saved password it auto close/crash, a debug.log file is generated in default folder..

content:

[1018/140738.093:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in D:\WINDOWS\system32\serwvdrv.dll
[1018/140738.093:WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(198)] encountered non-7.0 CodeView debug record in D:\WINDOWS\system32\umdmxfrm.dll

I did got that crash on WinXP but not on Win7 and for the looks of the content of the "debug.log" file it seems that a module required to display a saved password on Chromium is not present on those "serwvdr.dll" and "umdmxfrm" files on WinXP (XP compatibility issues I guess).

Cheers.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:06 AM, Humming Owl said:

Added Kafan Mini-Browser v1.0.0.121 (at the bottom of the first post):

- It seems to be a normal Chromium build.

- Modifications were far less than with 360EE.

- It is in multi-language.

- It appears to not have certificate issues.

Note:

- It is very heavy for old laptops 

- On startup you will connect to the website of the default search engine you selected because of the search bar provided on the new tab.

Cheers.

Nice one but it's almost killing my poor old T43 with 2GB. OK with 3-4-5 tabs then the swapping starts.

Same problem with youtube as with all other browsers based on chromium. Simple solution: K-Meleon...
---

Added some flags to my shortcut:

--ssl-version-min=tls1.2 --disable-webgl --disable-logging --no-default-browser-check --disable-component-update --disable-background-networking --cipher-suite-blacklist=0x009c,0x009d,0x002f,0xc013,0xc014,0x0035

(Blacklisting those ciphers might break something but so far so good...)

Renamed the swiftshader folder and libGLESv2.dll, saved me some memory.

---

browseraudit.com: 372-12-0-20
Browser identifier:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.66 Safari/537.36
Chrome 87.0.4280.66 Windows XP
---

html5test.com: 528
This score was recorded using Chrome 87 on Windows XP
Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.66 Safari/537.36
Screen size: 1280 x 1024 px
---

I have not looked into what and where it eventually is sending my life. I leave that to someone more interested. I'm not too worried but FWIW I added the following to my hosts file. There are probably 500 more...

0.0.0.0 mxbiz1.qq.com
0.0.0.0 mxbiz2.qq.com
0.0.0.0 kfsafe.cn
0.0.0.0 www.kfsafe.cn
0.0.0.0 browser.kfsafe.cn
0.0.0.0 dns7.hichina.com
0.0.0.0 dns8.hichina.com

Edited by Skorpios

12 hours ago, Skorpios said:

Same problem with youtube as with all other browsers based on chromium. Simple solution: K-Meleon...

Hi Skorpios, which version of K-Meleon do you recommend for YouTube?

18 hours ago, Skorpios said:

facebook and youtube work best on chromium, can't say the same for browser based on firefox

what exactly is the problem for youtube you mention ?

On 10/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Humming Owl said:

As for the certificate issues so far I would recommend to update the certificates or to use the steps in this comment as possible workarounds (no warrant it will fix the issue). 

with the minibrowser don't have those certificate warnings, there most be something else

On 10/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Humming Owl said:

How did you got that crash?

i will reply back, can't remember the website, there were one or two websites when i got he crash, will reply back when i test again to be sure..

My Best Regards

Edited by realisty

for the minibrowser, disabling the flag about USB stopped the crash when connecting mem usb sticks, justed tested, i guess that feature is for win7/10 

flag-usb.jpg

about certificates, for example, in this site: hxxps://www.cine-calidad.com/blog/venom-2-se-acerca-a-cinecalidad/

360 extreme explorer read the certificate as invalid, with minibrowser all ok...

so i don't think is a matter of invalid windows config or bug, i already updated days ago certs with one of those links, actually 1.6 cert package

Edited by realisty

8 hours ago, we3fan said:

Hi Skorpios, which version of K-Meleon do you recommend for YouTube?

Hi we3fan,

Always the latest and greatest but only for youtube. If you don't like the mobile version you have to look for something else. I only use youtube for listening, if you have an account the fiddling starts...

Read page 8 and 9.
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,154431,page=1

---
Does someone else here have the same problem as I have?

K-Meleon Build 20211002, Build 20211009 and Build 20211016:

duckduckgo: instant crash
msfn forum: instant crash
palemoon forum: instant crash
roytams blog: instant crash

Build 20210925 is the last one that doesn't crash on those sites (at least for me).
---

BTW, this is going OT... someone should start a Kafan Mini-Browser thread and there is already a thread for roytam's forks.

19 hours ago, realisty said:

about certificates, for example, in this site: hxxps://www.cine-calidad.com/blog/venom-2-se-acerca-a-cinecalidad/

360 extreme explorer read the certificate as invalid

In my 360 E. E. latest versions 13 M, 13 r:

Your link has green padlock,

- and home page has green padlock: https://www.cine-calidad.com/ 

- if JS inline scripts disabled - no thumbnails, if JS totally blocked - no thumbnails

- but this link has red padlock: https://www.cinecalidad.mx/ 

- if JS inline scripts disabled - no thumbnails, if JS totally blocked - have thumbnails

JS state: look on https://browserleaks.com/javascript

Edited by msfntor

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

In my 360 E. E. latest versions 13 M, 13 r:

Your link has green padlock,

downloaded just now last chinnese unmodified..no green padlock

about the crash here browsing msfn crashed(modified version).. if i don't close the message it keep working if press close program will be terminated, screen attached

latest-unmodified.jpg

crash.jpg

On 10/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, realisty said:

downloaded just now last chinnese unmodified..no green padlock

I guess that the 360SE has certificate issues as 360EE.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, realisty said:

about the crash here browsing msfn crashed(modified version).. if i don't close the message it keep working if press close program will be terminated, screen attached

Are you using a modified version of WinXP? It also could be that you need a update package for XP. Have you tried the other versions to see if they behave the same? I saw the Offset told by the warning message of the "chrome.dll" file and it wasn't an Offset in which a modification was done so I am not sure what is causing the issue.

Cheers.