360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

11 hours ago, kwisomialbert said:

Default browser not working bc it is portable version i think

I only get this with the 360 Browsers. And it always notifies that it is not the default browser.

Edited by LuxLOL

12 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

1. Setting the 360EE as default browser doesn't work.

The default browser setting was intentionally disabled (among the files deleted there is a "setdefbrowser.dll" file that seems to be the one that corresponds to this behavior). I tested using the file in the browser to see if the default browser setting worked and it didn't, so I guess it needs other files to work or a modification done to the browser indirectly broke that functionality. Or maybe it is like @kwisomialbert said that it is because of being portable. Thanks for reporting though.

12 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

2.  Looks like the switch commands "--disable-extensions" and " --disable-plugins" aren't working.

The "--disable-extensions" flag seems to work for me (how did you use it?), the other does not and I think it is because it is a flag present only on the old NPAPI supported Chromium. The chinese recovered the NPAPI support but not the flags involved with it.

Cheers.

13 2250 M (newest):

On MSFN and other websites page:
In right click/Inspect/ then JavaScript Console (sometimes in chinese...) at the bottom, on yellow, this talk about polyfill, maybe this has the link with my twitter polyfill story?.:

DevTools 无法加载 SourceMap: 无法加载 chrome-extension://cdcoopnlkdlmphjpjggdmhohkiklonkh/lib/webextension-polyfill/dist/browser-polyfill.min.js.map: 的内容HTTP 错误:状态代码 404,net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

In English:
DevTools could not load SourceMap: impossible to load chrome-extension://cdcoopnlkdlmphjpjggdmhohkiklonkh/lib/webextension-polyfill/dist/browser-polyfill.min. js.map: HTTP error content: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

2 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

How can i change the browser to use different User Profiles instead of one global profile?

In User Data folder (same directory of 360chrome.exe), create a new folder ..rename it  LuxLOL for example..

Send two shorcuts of 360chrome to the desktop... one for the default profile and the other for your new profile

Right click on each shortcut, click on properties..shotcuts.. in taget, add at the end:

(space)--profile-directory="Default"

(space)--profile-directory="LuxLOL"

it looks like that for example: 

"C:\Programs\360 browser\Chrome-bin\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="Default"

"C:\Programs\360 browser\Chrome-bin\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="LuxLOL"

2021-10-17_222108.png

2021-10-17_222642.png

Edited by kwisomialbert

On 10/16/2021 at 6:36 AM, msfntor said:

13 2250 M (newest):

On MSFN and other websites page:
In right click/Inspect/ then JavaScript Console (sometimes in chinese...) at the bottom, on yellow, this talk about polyfill, maybe this has the link with my twitter polyfill story?.:

DevTools 无法加载 SourceMap: 无法加载 chrome-extension://cdcoopnlkdlmphjpjggdmhohkiklonkh/lib/webextension-polyfill/dist/browser-polyfill.min.js.map: 的内容HTTP 错误:状态代码 404,net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

In English:
DevTools could not load SourceMap: impossible to load chrome-extension://cdcoopnlkdlmphjpjggdmhohkiklonkh/lib/webextension-polyfill/dist/browser-polyfill.min. js.map: HTTP error content: status code 404, net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Does this happen with a new profile as well? I haven't experienced this so far.

Added Kafan Mini-Browser v1.0.0.121 (at the bottom of the first post):

- It seems to be a normal Chromium build.

- Modifications were far less than with 360EE.

- It is in multi-language.

- It appears to not have certificate issues.

Note:

- It is very heavy for old laptops 

- On startup you will connect to the website of the default search engine you selected because of the search bar provided on the new tab.

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

2 hours ago, kwisomialbert said:

In User Data folder (same directory of 360chrome.exe), create a new folder ..rename it  LuxLOL for example..

Send two shorcuts of 360chrome to the desktop... one for the default profile and the other for your new profile

Right click on each shortcut, click on properties..shotcuts.. in taget, add at the end:

(space)--profile-directory="Default"

(space)--profile-directory="LuxLOL"

it looks like that for example: 

"C:\Programs\360 browser\Chrome-bin\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="Default"

"C:\Programs\360 browser\Chrome-bin\360chrome.exe" --profile-directory="LuxLOL"

2021-10-17_222108.png

2021-10-17_222642.png

Is it not possible to set it so that 360EE creates a new profile automatically for a new user in the "C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data" directory?

Edited by LuxLOL

nice indeed.
always good to have options.
gave it a good test run.
certificate errors still there (just hidden) , some site problems (back / forward results in a blank page) and other small issues not present in 13.5.1030.
also don't like the settings interface but that is personal.
will choose v13.5.1030 over this Kafan version any time.

this is not a portable , user data is in windows local settings.
great work though getting this running on xp.

Edited by rereser

Good to know, thanks.  I was about to think that my work in alpha 13.5 was in vane because something better came along already, lol.

I hadn't gotten as far as testing Kafan Min-Browser (tested an OLDER version and was not satisfied at that time, but have not tested the latest version).

10 hours ago, LuxLOL said:

Is it not possible to set it so that 360EE creates a new profile automatically for a new user in the "C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data" directory?

I dont know really... this version of 360EE is portable..:hello:

14 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Does this happen with a new profile as well? I haven't experienced this so far.

Found the culprit now...it's Dark Background and Light Text extension; with disabled it on the extensions page, this happen no more. But returns with Dark B and L T extension enabled again... 

Sorry for disturbing you with...