360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

On 9/19/2021 at 2:52 PM, msfntor said:

- so this test doesn't mean much...

Another test to test: BMark - A HTML5 3D Benchmark: https://www.wirple.com/bmark/

I think like a lot of tests out there, the results depend on the hardware being used so they are not so good at being a test to compare system a to b versus system a pre-change and post-change.  This is what I've generally used them for, especially Bmark as it is really gpu, browser, and cpu dependent.

I will usually use speed-battle.com, Bmark, the octane test, penguinmark, lite brite test, motionmark, and a few others (and now antutu) to get a general idea of how a system is running before making changes.

Edited by SamirD
forgot speed-battle

On 9/20/2021 at 4:19 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Cool!

XP in React  --  Haven't seen Winamp in years.

93  --  Star Wars avi - hilarious!

Yeah, seeing winamp again like that was pretty awesome. :D  I used to DJ with a buddy of mine back in the day with 2x winamps and laptops connected to a crossfading mixer.  It was a pretty cool.  Would also use a laptop in the card with a cassette adapter on long trips. :)

That starwars avi is actually available via telnet at telehack.com.  They also have an ascii aquarium which I just discovered is great for keeping rdp sessions from timing out over some wan links I deal with. :D

On 9/21/2021 at 3:27 AM, msfntor said:

For my page speed tests, I don't need Page Speed Monitor anymore, because I'm starting to take speed measurements again thanks to Raymond Hill, and his beatiful page: http://raymondhill.net/ublock/tiles1.html

My max results in my 360Chrome 12 and 13 builds after some restarts of this tiles1 page (with 7 must-have extensions running + memory optimization + cache cleaning): between 492 and 608 ms (average 650 to 750 ms).

Neat test.  I just tried this on my portable chrome 45 on xp on my  e5-2630L system and the page loaded initially in 600ms+, but then with every refresh it got less until the best I could get out of it was 261ms.  If you're using this test, definitely refresh many times and see what you get.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

Good deal.

I'm going to remove the fake User Agent for my next rebuilds.

People that do need them for specific needs generally know how to fake them.

Or just comment out the line from the .ini, so it's an easy uncomment for anyone that needs it. :)

On 9/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, we3fan said:

@Humming Owl

BTW, I have a question.

If I have many .dll files, and I want to search inside all of them at the same time for a text line, which program would be best for this?

This is going to be old school, but the commands FIND and FINDSTR from the command line are my usual go to for searching files for strings. :)

3 hours ago, msfntor said:

@SamirD,

SPEED-BATTLE and LiteBrite are my favorites (by far) of your suggestions. Thank you!

You're welcome!  Speed-battle is so quick and easy that I usually try it on every computer at a computer store with Internet, and then am still shocked how fast my xp systems are in comparison. :D  Lite brite takes some time for sure if you use the 'all' mode, but the differences between a fast computer and a slower done are really impressive.  There's also an easter egg if you press ctrl-d which brings up 'dean mode' which I think is a face of the author.

@SamirD

Multiple quotes within a single post are possible here, you know...

You can also cut&paste quotes, images, etc. (and even move them to another post) by first clicking on their anchor on the top-left, then using the keyboard hotkeys.

Edited by RainyShadow

4 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

@SamirD

Multiple quotes within a single post are possible here, you know...

You can also cut&paste quotes, images, etc. (and even move them to another post) by first clicking on their anchor on the top-left, then using the keyboard hotkeys.

Yep, and most forum platforms have allowed this for better part of a decade.  But I find them too cumbersome to fool with since I read and post in multiple tabs, posting as I go.

1 hour ago, SamirD said:

Yep, and most forum platforms have allowed this for better part of a decade.  But I find them too cumbersome to fool with since I read and post in multiple tabs, posting as I go.

So, you should know that most forum communities are not very fond of double/triple/quadriple/quintiple posting...

On 9/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, SamirD said:

This is going to be old school, but the commands FIND and FINDSTR from the command line are my usual go to for searching files for strings. :)

Hi SamirD :), thanks I will try them.
Now when I think about it, after one carves the command line for a specific need, it should work fast and simple from cmd.

Edited by we3fan

Updated v9, v11, v12 and v13:

- Added v9 and v11 for WinXP-SP2 (Experimental). The only difference between these and the non XP-SP2 ones is that the "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" and "GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx" fucntions of the "chrome.dll", "chrome_child.dll" and the 2 "libglesv2.dll" files were replaced by the "GetLocalTime" function.

- Translated the "New search-box" (v12 and v13).

- Translated the tooltip of the close button of the "floating bar in videos" option.

- Translated some chinese text among the Bookmarks bar's options.

- Deleted more files inside the SRX files.

- Changed the search engine for the "Select/Search bar" to Google.

The New Tab page code is hosted in Github in case someone want to use it --> https://github.com/Humming-Owl/A-Simple-New-Tab

Cheers.

Edited by Humming Owl

On this webrtc test page: https://test.webrtc.org/

- in 360Chrome 12 12247 r 7 build - have chinese text in the yellow popup for some seconds at the top of the page, then it disappears by itself,

and I've blocked connection to 74.125.247.128 - owned by Google...

... then no test results (all are with red stop mark).

- in 12 1592 M (precedent) build - and today's new 360EE 12 1592 M without any extensions - have little test.webrtc.org popup window, which "wants to use your microphone", but if I click on Block or stop mark, another little window says: "360Chrome has encountered a problem and must close...".

Edited by msfntor

20 hours ago, RainyShadow said:

So, you should know that most forum communities are not very fond of double/triple/quadriple/quintiple posting...

I operate my own community and am a mod on others so am well versed on this.  The only real point behind those type of rules are when forum privileges/permission escalations are post-count based.  I'm sure if it's an issue here, someone in an official capacity will be in touch with me.

2 hours ago, we3fan said:

Hi SamirD :), thanks I will try them.
Now when I think about it, after one carves the command line for a specific need, it should work fast and simple from cmd.

You're welcome. :)  If you have the same command or series of commands to run, you can also put them in a batch file or even make a multi-threaded batch file using the START command to precede certain commands.