360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

On 8/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, Humming Owl said:

By the way, @we3fan have you had any luck with v9 and v11 on XP SP2? :P

Hi @Humming Owl :), sorry for the late reply.

I tested with your 360Chrome 11.0.2251.0 on XP SP2.

1. "chrome.dll" file:
a. Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with all 00 (2 lines)   - still shows same KERNEL32.dll error.
b. Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with "GetL0gicalProcessorInformation" (2 lines)   - still shows same KERNEL32.dll error.
c. Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with "GetLocalTime" (2 lines)   - Chrome starts but google.com can't load and shows the "Aw, Snap!  Something went wrong..." blank page error.

2. "chrome_child.dll" file:
Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with "GetLocalTime" (2 lines)   - Chrome works OK for now, 15 min on YouTube with no problem.

3. "libglesv2.dll" file:
There are also 2 "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" lines present in this file, but I didn't replace them with "GetLocalTime".
Maybe it's a good idea to replace these also, but I left them unchanged for now.

So, I replaced 2 "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" lines with "GetLocalTime" in chrome.dll, and 2 "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" lines with
"GetLocalTime" in chrome_child.dll, and it worked.
Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it works.

Thank you so much Humming Owl, I couldn't have done it without your help.

BTW, I have a question.
If I have many .dll files, and I want to search inside all of them at the same time for a text line, which program would be best for this?

Edited by we3fan

@msfntor Keyword there is "Possible" attempt.  That's not the same thing as saying "An" attempt.

Personally, I'd try three or four different browsers or three or four different "canvas blockers" and see if they all agree with each other.

If they do not, then it's a FALSE POSITIVE.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

1 hour ago, msfntor said:

After creating each new tab, have popup from Popup Blocker (Lite)

That popup blocker seems to cause heartache after heartache, isn't there anything better that still fits your needs?

We all have different preferences, I truly understand that, I haven't seen a "popup" in over twenty years (I disable javascript and only allow it on a whitelist basis) so I don't use any popup-blocker extensions.

1 hour ago, we3fan said:

Hi @Humming Owl :), sorry for the late reply.

I tested with your 360Chrome 11.0.2251.0 on XP SP2.

1. "chrome.dll" file:
a. Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with all 00 (2 lines)   - still shows same KERNEL32.dll error.
b. Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with "GetL0gicalProcessorInformation" (2 lines)   - still shows same KERNEL32.dll error.
c. Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with "GetLocalTime" (2 lines)   - Chrome starts but google.com can't load and shows the "Aw, Snap!  Something went wrong..." blank page error.

2. "chrome_child.dll" file:
Replace "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" with "GetLocalTime" (2 lines)   - Chrome works OK for now, 15 min on YouTube with no problem.

3. "libglesv2.dll" file:
There are also 2 "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" lines present in this file, but I didn't replace them with "GetLocalTime".
Maybe it's a good idea to replace these also, but I left them unchanged for now.

So, I replaced 2 "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" lines with "GetLocalTime" in chrome.dll, and 2 "GetLogicalProcessorInformation" lines with
"GetLocalTime" in chrome_child.dll, and it worked.
Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it works.

Thank you so much Humming Owl, I couldn't have done it without your help.

BTW, I have a question.
If I have many .dll files, and I want to search inside all of them at the same time for a text line, which program would be best for this?

Perfect!

I wasn't expecting to be easy to make v11 work on XP SP2. It is very good to know it is working.

I will proceed to make a v11 exclusively for SP2. I will keep then 2 versions of v11 as I do not know if certain errors could happen with this type of modification.

Could you try this out in v9 as well?

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

On 9/20/2021 at 6:19 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Cool!

XP in React  --  Haven't seen Winamp in years.

93  --  Star Wars avi - hilarious!

<OT>

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm sooo NOT kidding - I (actually) still use Winamp [to this very day] as I enjoy the speed/temp *Fourier* control plugin. I know ( I know ) there are/were other (better) players, but I got attached to it and carried it along throughout the years even though I rarely change the speed/temp of music anymore ;)

spacer.png

Will check in tomorrow for updates to the browser builds - good luck!

22 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

That popup blocker seems to cause heartache after heartache, isn't there anything better that still fits your needs?

We all have different preferences, I truly understand that, I haven't seen a "popup" in over twenty years (I disable javascript and only allow it on a whitelist basis) so I don't use any popup-blocker extensions.

Thanks @ArcticFoxie, your suggestions allowed me to change my thoughts on the subject. Here is the new list of my 360Chrome extensions: uBlock O., Canvas Blocker, Neat URL, Popup Blocker (strict), Better PopUp Blocker 2, ScriptBlock, and one more gem for security...This list can change at any time...

Here you have some popup tests for your enjoyment:

https://irpltd.com/popuptest/

https://wbpay.com/a-popuptest/

http://raymondhill.net/ublock/popup.html

https://webbrowsertools.com/popup-blocker/?fire_on_start

https://www.popupcheck.com/advanced-pop-up-test.asp

http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/javascriptpopups.php

Why TWO extensions just to block popups?

Is that an XP x86 SP2 thing?  Are popups that bad on x86 SP2?

I swear on all four grandparents' graves (make that five, my dad's mom passed away when I was 3 and grandpa remarried), I haven't seen a popup in over twenty years and I don't have any popup-blocker extensions and I don't even use 360Chrome's built-in setting to "disable popups".

Okay, okay, TWENTY years might be a SLIGHT exaggeration.

I did just track down one of my installation discs from 2004 (seventeen years ago) where my default browser was GreenBrowser coupled with Proxomitron.

The author of Proxomitron passed away in 2004 and I used it long before 2004, I just can't find physical proof via installation media.

GreenBrowser used to basically compete with Maxthon and Sleipnir.

I went back and forth between Sleipnir and GreenBrowser as my default back then.

They were basically "frontends" to Internet Explorer.

It gave me TABBED BROWSING long before IE ever introduced it.

The company I worked for at the time was hit with a virus that Firefox spread throughout the company network (circa 2006 to 2010, don't recall exactly).

My GreenBrowser coupled with Proxomitron - my computer was the only computer in the company (200+ computers spanning 6 midwest facilities) that was NOT hit with the virus [production-level, excluding management and "big whigs").

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Yes, I also experienced the joys of GreenBrowser, it was a long time ago... it was an excellent and innovative browser!
But now my screen has gone green, greenish... it's my monitor that is sick again!

- well, I'll remove this second popup blocker, just to make you happy, haha

If you have a legit reason for having two, that is one thing, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your own computer.

Generally speaking though, it's not really a good idea to have two antivurus programs installed, two popup blockers installed, two script-blockers installed, et cetera.

<off topic>

Reminds me of my college days.  I was not the party-type but some of my friends were.

One of my friends would brag to anybody and everybody that he "double wrapped it" for "extra protection".

He was the FIRST person that semester to impregnate his girlfriend - despite us all telling him that you DO NOT WEAR TWO!

15 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

If you have a legit reason for having two, that is one thing, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your own computer.

no legit, I only do the tests
Did you test my links, please? Is everything ok?

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

Did you test my links, please? Is everything ok?

I do not get any popups on any of those links, if that is what you are asking.

But remember, I do not allow javascript.  I would have to break my own rule of not allowing javascript on a popup test site just to test to see if I get a popup.  That would be what is called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2 hours ago, Destro said:

Any way to change this?? If I go some web page any.  Then I press mouse down on a word in the text to high light then right click highligted word and do search,  It goes to 360 seach not google.

Yes, it is fixable. In the next update I will make it work for Google. You can also right-click on the highlighted text and search with the default search engine you selected.

Cheers.

much appreciated.  Yes right click is a work around. I was talking about when I highlight a word on a web page a built in popup ask if you want to search or copy.  If you click search it goes to some 360 seach.  I'm using humming owls 12 version, which ever version I got from here.