360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

@NoBuggingPlz - Please try my v12 and v13.

This v12 should keep cache and cookies between sessions, I don't recall if this v13 clears cache on exit or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gimydyfv57rr2fp/360ChromePortable_12.0.1247_rebuild_4.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fk69d5jhc2vwyg/360ChromePortable_13.0.2206_rebuild_4.zip

Edited by ArcticFoxie

Testing 12v4. Nothing bad to report other than some things are still not in English, but I think you already said that was the case. 

ps- I clean almost everything everything at close with this. 

[RunAfter]
DirRemove=%Profile%\BrowserMetrics*
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Application Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\AutofillStrikeDatabase
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\blob_storage
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\BudgetDatabase
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Code Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\DailyBackup
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\DailyRollingBackup
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\data_reduction_proxy_leveldb
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\databases
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Extension Rules
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Extension State
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Extensions\Temp
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Feature Engagement Tracker
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\File System
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\GPUCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\IndexedDB
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Local Storage
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\JumpListIcons
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\JumpListIconsOld
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Media Cache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Pepper Data
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Platform Notifications
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Service Worker
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Session Storage
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Sessions
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\shared_proto_db
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Site Characteristics Database
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\Sync Data
DirRemove=%Profile%\Default\VideoDecodeStats 
DirRemove=%Profile%\GrShaderCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\PepperFlash
DirRemove=%Profile%\plugins
DirRemove=%Profile%\pnacl
DirRemove=%Profile%\PnaclTranslationCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\safemon|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\safemon|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\ShaderCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\ShaderCache
DirRemove=%Profile%\Webstore Downloads|e
DirRemove=%Profile%\Webstore Downloads|e
FileDelete=%Profile%\*-journal*;chrome_shutdown_ms*;switch_core*;*.log
FileDelete=%Profile%\*-journal*;chrome_shutdown_ms*;switch_core*;*.log;Last *
FileDelete=%Profile%\*-journal*;chrome_shutdown_ms*;switch_core*;*.log;Last Version
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\*.tmp;*-journal;log;log.old;*.log
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\*.txt;*.bak;reext;ruc
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\360Bookmarks
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Cookies
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Favicons
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Google Profile.ico
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\History
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\heavy_ad_intervention_opt_out
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\History Provider Cache
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Login Data
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\MANIFEST-*;*.ldb;*.tmp;*.bak;*-journal;Archived History;History Provider Cache;Visited Links;Current *;Last *
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Media History
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Network Action Predictor
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Network Persistent State
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\QuotaManager
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\previews_opt_out
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Reporting and NEL
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Secure Preferences
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Shortcuts
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Sync360_V8.sqlite3
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Top Sites
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\TransportSecurity
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Visited Links
FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Web Data
FileDelete=.\Chrome\Application\*.log
FileDelete=.\Chrome\Application\*.log;*.tmp

@ArcticFoxie,
Could you make sure that your new 360Chrome rebuilds are saved in your respective main folders (i.e. that they save the new one on top of the previous one, to avoid multiplying them...), please?

I would be happy to have rebuilds loaded in your respective main folders, please...

Which of your v12 and v13 builds do you consider to be main?

PS.

I use WinRAR.

Edited by msfntor

Assistance Requested  --

There are several "options" available that I cannot find any way to PROVE that they actually DO anything -

1) Advanced -> Network -> Enable speed optimizations

2) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors

3) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly

4) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Protect you and your device from dangerous sites

5) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Speed up the browser with smart prereading

6) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Join user experience plan to help us improve our products

7) Lab -> Acceleration -> Prerender link below mouse

8) Lab -> System -> Disable operating system virtual keyboard

I keep all of these unchecked/disabled - but my point is that if they don't actually DO anything, then I no longer want them "cluttering up" the GUI.

And I cannot find any way to PROVE that these settings actually DO anything when checked/enabled.

6 hours ago, NoBuggingPlz said:

I was looking to replace russian repack with the english modified version, but the fonts seem be rendered differently, so had to ask. :)

Russian repack:

blob.png.fdc4e28c8834da68c8893731056898f1.png

Modified English:

blob.png.96668118cfb6e21c79b788819d34be22.png

Thank you very much for your reply. :)

Interesting. I will see what is this about, hope it is easy to identify.

44 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Assistance Requested  --

There are several "options" available that I cannot find any way to PROVE that they actually DO anything -

2) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors

3) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly

4) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Protect you and your device from dangerous sites

6) Advanced -> Background Apps -> Join user experience plan to help us improve our products

I keep all of these unchecked/disabled - but my point is that if they don't actually DO anything, then I no longer want them "cluttering up" the GUI.

And I cannot find any way to PROVE that these settings actually DO anything when checked/enabled.

2 --> I think it is related to slow/bad internet connections. Once I saw that the link "http://chrome.360.cn/360chromelink/fixsearch.html?" appeared instead of the URL I was loading when using a Modem with bad connection. I guess that this is the web service but I am not sure. The link was eliminated from the "chrome.dll" by 00 hex values.

3 --> It is a option from the original Chromium that was removed in recent versions apparently --> https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/4678156/i-am-missing-the-line-for-use-a-prediction-service-in-my-advanced-settings?hl=en (being honest I think that it does nothing).

5 --> The "smart_preheat.dll", "smartpreheat.dat" and "smartpreheat64.dll" files are related to that option and they were eliminated (I do not know if before the removal they worked).

6 --> It is possible to be related to the 360 Account or the chinese connections that have been removed so if it was doing something before I think now it does nothing.

As for the others I have no clue if they work (some I do not know what they do).

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

That is my version but you changed the skin.

I do not have a "dark theme" (and likely never will, apologies).

Ummm ... no apologies needed - I like your skin, but I did change it as it gets a bit hard on the eyes after a long time. But of course its your version - I'm only testing your builds atm,  and that was the only part not in English (other than my crazy typing Lol)

To each their own, of course, but I personally have ZERO use for a "dark theme" for my web browser when my computer has five widescreen monitors and a web browser isn't the "only" software I use.

I personally find it UGLY to have one monitor with a dark-themed web browser while other programs on other monitors look NORMAL.

All five of my monitors do have their contrast/brightness at only 40% so it's not like the neighbors are calling, "Hey, turn off your computer!  I can't sleep with all that brightness!".

I have considered a "toggle" switch that would switch between two XP themes, one for you "vampires" and the other for us "normal" folks.  :buehehe:

But I haven't dug deep enough to see if that is possible, some form of "toggle" that would sit down in the lower right corner of the status bar.

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Assistance Requested  --

I vote to remove them as I would never want to join their 'user experience plan' (so they can spy on me) and I wouldn't want a webservice to "predict" anything for me when I only type 2 letters. also, 

I keep them all unchecked ecxept for do not track. 

Ooops, I hit reply too fast ... ha!

Also, I assume most of those setting are ralated to either google or 360, so I'd prefer to not use those, but I don't know if removing them is the same as leaving then so we can disable them; as they might be enabled by default. 

Sorry guys for my writting, I'm getting tired. 

I'm fairly confident that the "user experience" one does not work.

Problem with it though is that it is ENABLED by DEFAULT (for new profiles, I ship mine with a 'new-but-empty profile' so mine ships with it disabled).

I don't see it DO anything when it is "enabled", but it is nice to "see" it UNCHECKED.

Edited by ArcticFoxie