360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

I currently use my v12 build 1247 rebuild #3 as my default web browser - a rebuild #4 is due out within the next day or two due to two missing no-harm-done closing-parentheses found while working on a v11 rebuild.

I am in-process of releasing a v11 build 2031 rebuild #1 but it is still "beta" at this stage but will also be uploaded within the next day or two.

Unsure which of the two will become my overall preference (https://www.diffchecker.com/ does not seem to work in v11 but I have not debugged as of yet).

Updated v9, v11, v12 and v13:

- Updated the New Tab (Added JavaScript). You can change the values of the shortcuts while being in the browser now. It was my first time using JavaScript, hope it works well!

- Fixed a bug related to the password saving and autofill options. Some modifications to the "chrome.dll" file related to the ".cn" entries and the Search Engines made the mentioned options to break the Gmail login page.

Cheers.

13 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

- Updated the New Tab (Added JavaScript). You can change the values of the shortcuts while being in the browser now. It was my first time using JavaScript, hope it works well!

- Fixed a bug related to the password saving and autofill options. Some modifications to the "chrome.dll" file related to the ".cn" entries and the Search Engines made the mentioned options to break the Gmail login page.

Cheers.

:thumbup

33 minutes ago, Humming Owl said:

Awesome Find!  :thumbup

No easy answer.

There are literally thousands of line items that effect what you are asking.

And those thousands exist in TRIPLICATE if not QUADRUPLICATE.

If you'd like to start hunting for that needle in a haystack, navigate through your 360Chrome's folders and find the folder named skin.

You will find several .srx files - they are just .zip files with the extension renamed.

7zip will extract them without having to rename them.

Inside the .srx files are several .xml files - read through a few of them and you'll see how gigantic your question is.

Edited by ArcticFoxie

14 hours ago, Humming Owl said:

Cheers.

Thank you for another fantastic release! They truly get better and better with every update...I'm using the latest v11 right now with no issues to report. If I should end up using a newer PC (or need to use a certain site that won't function properly even with workarounds) then I'll absolutely be making the leap to v12 or beyond, but for now v11 is still performing like a champ!

3 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

.... read through a few of them and you'll see how gigantic your question is.

I was looking to replace russian repack with the english modified version, but the fonts seem be rendered differently, so had to ask. :)

Russian repack:

blob.png.fdc4e28c8834da68c8893731056898f1.png

Modified English:

blob.png.96668118cfb6e21c79b788819d34be22.png

Thank you very much for your reply. :)

On 9/15/2021 at 7:08 AM, ArcticFoxie said:

Here is a screencap of Humming Owl's most recent v13 rebuild with DNS over HTTPS "enabled".  I respect and admire Humming Owl, please do not misread my intent here.

I cite this only to highlight that this feature does not work in any of the 360Chrome versions and this is why I remove it from the GUI ("out of sight, out of mind", so as not to falsely mislead any user into thinking it "is" working).

I have only tested in XP (and this is an XP thread here at MSFN), if this feature works in something other than XP (though I suspect that it does not) then I submit that the non-XP threads should have their own thread dedicated to 360Chrome.

spacer.png

Exactly the same setup, but I can't evern run either test for some reason - won't connect at all and its not in English so I don't know what to select here?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Otherwise; good overall on this build and look forward to v4 :)

45 minutes ago, NoBuggingPlz said:

I was looking to replace russian repack with the english modified version, but the fonts seem be rendered differently, so had to ask. :)

Russian repack:

blob.png.fdc4e28c8834da68c8893731056898f1.png

Modified English:

blob.png.96668118cfb6e21c79b788819d34be22.png

Thank you very much for your reply. :)

XP doesn't do that "font substitution" (not without jumping through some big hoops).

What you appear to have there is a who-knows-what mix of several things all at the same time  --  font substitution at the OS level, Unicode at the OS level, anti-alias modifications at the OS level.

11 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Can you detail step-by-step your process in "replacing russian repack with the english modified version"?

You copying and pasting files between versions?

Both are portable, installed/run separately from own folders. By replace, I meant I would like to stop using the russian repack and start using english modified version instead. Fonts are rendered correctly in settings page though.

blob.png.7fefa194aebc971da6f64d9440df1d70.png

I spotted similar rendering in screenshots at https://retrosystemsrevival.blogspot.com/2019/05/360-extreme-chrome-browser.html, so thought that was how it was rendered in the english modified version.

Thanks you for your reply. :)

6 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Ah, now I follow.

Which english modified versions have you tried?  Are they all giving you that "butt-ugly" GUI font?

Tried Humming Owl's v12 and v13 versions from the first post of this thread. Same in both.

Thanks. :)