360 Extreme Explorer Modified Version

As far as benchmarking goes, it seems that v12 is the fastest for browser metrics out of v11, v12, and v13.

Startup time for the first run after returning from hibernate or a full reboot is won by v11 - quite literally HALF the startup time!

For browser metrics, v12 wins.

For loading the GUI the fastest, v11 wins.

I find the browser metrics all close enough to each other that I'm opting for v11 as my default based on that startup speed.

Integrating "support" for XP x86 SP2 seems to have really HURT the browser's startup speed!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ArcticFoxie said:

As far as benchmarking goes, it seems that v12 is the fastest for browser metrics out of v11, v12, and v13

Hello there @ArcticFoxie would you confirm for me that I have download your latest v12?

I've download one from Aug 29th [360ChromePortable_12.0.1247_rebuild_2] and one from Aug 22 [360Chrome 12.0.1247]

Just want to make sure I"m not missing something since I"m playing catch up.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by XPerceniol

10 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Thank you, @ArcticFoxie!

Works very good!

No more "Enable DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS)" possibility in Settings/Advanced? Have you enabled it already?

Edited by msfntor

That feature is broken and does not work in the original Chinese, is broken and does not work in the Russian Repack, is broken and does not work in my rebuilds, is broken and does not work in Humming Owl's rebuilds.

I therefore remove the portion from the GUI because it does not work and is misleading for it to be there.

Here is a screencap of Humming Owl's most recent v13 rebuild with DNS over HTTPS "enabled".  I respect and admire Humming Owl, please do not misread my intent here.

I cite this only to highlight that this feature does not work in any of the 360Chrome versions and this is why I remove it from the GUI ("out of sight, out of mind", so as not to falsely mislead any user into thinking it "is" working).

I have only tested in XP (and this is an XP thread here at MSFN), if this feature works in something other than XP (though I suspect that it does not) then I submit that the non-XP threads should have their own thread dedicated to 360Chrome.

spacer.png